• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quit Smoking

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Since you are not regulated with your Hashimoto, it will be hard to lose the weight. A naturopath doctor told me once to cut all white flour and sugars out and keep the carbs at no more than 90 a day and I would lose the weight.

CUT WHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats my daily staples, Ill shrivell up and die :'( :'(

Then Id rather be FAT, as is I live on only 3 basic things, without I would not survive
1. SUGAR
2. CAFFEINE
3. NICOTINE - Yeah I'm a smoker

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sugar is a real problem for me too. I am very active and should and would be thin if I could conquer my addiction to it. That may seem like a joke but for me it is a real problem. I cannot bring ice cream inot the house or bake a cake or have just about anything sweet in the house. I cannot leave it alone until it is all gone. If I don't have the sugar I begin to ache all over and have no energy. I have recently begun to wonder if I really do have a physical problem making me want the amount of sugar I consume.

Caffeine is another staple for me as well. Tea is my treat to myself. I drink very little soda. Mike drinks a six pack of coke(at least) a day.

I have no idea what Hshimotos is. Sounds like that stuff I smoked in High School!! Gonna have to go look it up.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah I live on COKE, about 2-4 lt a day. And 10 cups of coffee (At least)

It does sound like something you can smoke . . . .LOL and get really HIGH on

Well I think I know where my sugar cravings come from. I have Low blood sugar, and it sometimes gets so bad I have to sit down wherever I am OR pass out. Its a horrible feeling, you sweat, get the shakes and your skin feels cold and clammy. Then I just stop and drop, so to say. It really gets you some weird reactions in the grocery store when you suddenly plop down to the floor ans sit as if nothings out of the ordinary LOL

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lol, Vesta! I wish I smoked it. ::)

I only eat whole grains. Nothing enriched or unbleached. I only have 3-4 cups of caffeinated/decaf coffee in the AM and drink water all day long. My sweet tooth has been wanting a daily sweet. Other than that, it is cereal, salad, chicken and veggies. Oh well, I'll wait till I'm regulated. I'm estimating another 3 months.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Vesta said:
Caffeine is another staple for me as well. Tea is my treat to myself. I drink very little soda. Mike drinks a six pack of coke(at least) a day.

I have no idea what Hshimotos is. Sounds like that stuff I smoked in High School!! Gonna have to go look it up.

OMG Vesta I bout fell off my chair when I read your post. lol

Hashimoto's is a thyroid disease. Your body thinks your thyroid is a foreign object and attacks it. It's an autoimmune disease and usually have other autoimmune issues with it.

If I drank regular soda I would be 300 lbs. There is other sugars which are better for you then regular sugar. I use liquid splenda and stevia. I hardly eat grains. I make alot of what I eat by scratch. I use almond flour alot.

I do drink coffee all day long but can't for two hours after I take my meds.

Monique, low blood sugar sucks. I have a friend that has it and she carries candy in her purse in case.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Monique, low blood sugar sucks. I have a friend that has it and she carries candy in her purse in case.

Yeah, got that toooo, in a baggie so the ants dont get to it.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Monique, I had an old co-worker who was hyperglycemic (I think that is what he called it). And he was the same way. His desk was cluttered with quick snacks from the vending machine. If his blood sugar dropped, he had to get something in him quick.

He was always moving too. The kind who bounces their leg constantly while sitting.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow.........I thought my Agammaglobulinemia was a PITA.......... I've got it pretty good.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well last night since I was up anyway I wen to the ER and he gave me a pill to control the urge to pee. It has worked great...turns my pee bright orange but I will take the orange pee over running in there ever 5 minuets. The antibiotics should work fast.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sandra, glad to hear spending your night in the ER is paying off!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Monique, I had an old co-worker who was hyperglycemic (I think that is what he called it). And he was the same way. His desk was cluttered with quick snacks from the vending machine. If his blood sugar dropped, he had to get something in him quick.

He was always moving too. The kind who bounces their leg constantly while sitting.

Yeah, know the feeling, but not necessarily bouncy legs, I have various things I do, I tend to move my fingers as if counting when spelling, bouncy foot, like you'd bounce a baby on your leg and I chew (Not sure chewing is correct, but nibbling doesn't sound right either) the inside of my lips.... Wonder if it has to do with the hyperglycemia.

Anyways, when it comes up slow, its fine you can prepare and do something like down a glass of coke or eat a chocolate or something, its the times it creeps up on me I find frustrating, absolutely no warning, just WHAM, and I gotta sit down fast, and ones not always in a spot where sitting is cool. It happens a lot while driving. :mad:

Hey Sandy, glad the suppressing drugs are working. Hope you get some rest now and the meds kick in sooon. Feel better ;)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I ended up back in the ER. The UTI spread to my kidneys and I thought I had kidney stones again. I do not have stones again so that is good. They gave me IV antibiotics and pushed a lot of fluids to flush the kidneys. It worked and I am feeling a little better today.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sorry you're feeling so bad. Hope you feel much better soon

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thank you...I have been having it rough the past couple of days but it will pass and I will deal with everything one step at a time.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Abraxis ! Brave Man and the ONLY Man to respond here... !
*pulls out the soap box, dusts it off... *
Lez's see... One and only child, born two weeks early, weighed in at a respectable 8 lbs 2.6 oz. 2 weeks early folks... wanna bet how much he woulda weighed at that time ? My groin still hurts to think of that... almost 18 years later... sheesh...

Hypoglycemia... got that... though as a child I think the family thought it was HypEr glycemia.. can't imagine why though...

Carbs... naaaaa... Chai is my caffine... (Thanks LK for tellin me that pout pout pout...) Nicotine? , said my peace.... Weight... what weight ? No seriously.. I'm suffering from an obvious lack of horizontal orientation... ummmmmm ummm... Memory loss ? can't say I am bothered by that ;)...
Okie dokey.. *pushes the soap box back into it's place...*
Done ;)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I feel you on the 2 week early baby. Kenz was 2 weeks early at 8.6 lbs I cringe thinking about how big she would have been if she stayed in 2 more weeks. They say the last few weeks they gain .5 - 1 pound per week, to think she could have been 9.6 to 10.6 pounds.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, I know this is a kind of old post butttttt....my husband has quit smoking pretty much cold turkey as of 1 month ago. He has had no urges and actually hates the thought of smoking. He read this book that has approx 98% success rate of curing smokers of their addiction to them. If you are interested the book is called, Allen Carr’s Easyway to Quit Smoking. It's about 120 pages long and my husband has it in .pdf format if you want me to send it so anyone with a computer, iphone or ipad can read it

Ric

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
send it to me.

I'm willing to try anything. I quit cocaine 12+ years ago and haven't looked back but I can't kick the C-stick

Latest posts