• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quit Smoking

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes, Eastern medicine will not acknowledge Western and think it is a joke. But the Chinese live long lives and have little health issues. Same thing with Feng Shui. There is a peace when a room or house is just so. I'm into all that. (obviously).

I think a baby is perfect motivation. Hopefully, you can stick to it with this one. After pregnancy is also for your children's sake. We all know that it is just plain bad for you - even when you smoke. I know I'm a born again non-smoker. But I was a brat when I didn't smoke. Don't know why I ever started. But I did and smoked a pack to a pack and a half a day. 2 packs if it was a drinking night. ::)

We were getting gas the other day, and I looked up at the cig ad. I was floored - 6 or 7 bucks for ONE pack????? They were 97 cents when I started.

Alright, off my soap box.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
wow Vesta you have a tiny foot. The length of your foot is as wide as your pelvis, this is why many woman's feet grow after having a baby, their pelvis widens during pregnancy. I have big babies so the next one...if we have one...will be a planned c-section. My daughter was 2 weeks early was 8lb 6oz and my son who was born on his due date was 8lb 8oz. Doctor said although they were delivered just fine due to the size no more natural births :( I have a very tiny frame, only 95lbs before my daughter and 97lbs before my son, each time I gained 42lbs.

If I quite before I get prego this time will the baby be over 9lbs?

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeah!! My whole body used to be like that!! Now all that are left of it are my hands and feet!!! LOL!! I always weighed about 104. I stand 5"2 and 3'4" and have a small frame. I should not be carrying the weight I am now!! No one would guess how much I really weigh right now because I am solid.

Renee..I need to look more into Feng Shui!! I have no knowledge about it at all but it does make sense to me. Schelly and I often talk about our houses and their personalities. The house I lived in before, when it started to get dusk would settle down and there was a peace about it at night. There was also something evil in the house.(you know I am a Christian so for me to say that, tells you something was just not right there) The house was built new so had no history that I knew of. This house is a house that never sleeps!! It never gets that cozy night time feel that I have had in other houses. My furniture is almost all from the period that the house was built. 1920's. Some older some as young as the 50's. I am not sure what it is. Lighting is subdued. We have been here almost 5 years. This house does have a history. A man shot and killed himself in our basement. It sat empty for 13 years until a contractor bought it and redid all wiring, plumbing, and all new heat system, water heater. Old like I wanted (90 years) without all the hassle that comes with an older house. People called it the haunted house because of the way it looked and our neighbors swore they saw people in the house LOL!! There is NOTHING here. I have been in the basement until 3 in the morning and never sensed a thing. We love it here.

Guess I'm going on line to see what I can learn now!! ;)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL, this forum cant help but make me giggle.

It all started with Brumation . . . then quitting smoking . . . . now we are on the pregnancy/childbirth topic.

Ive been reading this post daily and it just occurred to me how the US and SA measurements (distance/weight/temps) can confuse me.
To quote Staylor, she weighed 95 and 97 before her kids, I thought Jeeeeeeeeeeeees thats HEAVY, and then ran the figures through my converter and it came to 43 / 43.9 Kg, and I went Jeeeeeeeeeeeees, thats NOTHING/Underweight. LOL

Now I think I'm FAT . . . . .

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
YEP!!! My mind bounces around like that anyway!

But we'll try to stay on topic again. ;)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No no no, really no issues with going OFF topic from me. I do the exact same thing DAILY.

Its exactly that that intrigues me . . . . never know where the conversation will end up

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Kind of a neat thing, these forums!! I learn so much about so many different things!! We are living in some of the best times where technology is concerned and worst as far as world affairs are concerned!!

Thanks Pogie!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL that is funny how this got so off track from brumation. Yes I was underweight, now after my second I am still small but not sick looking anymore. I am only 5'1 and 108lbs now. I just come from a family of tiny people. My grandma was only 95 pounds her whole life. My great grandma was only 85lbs.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'll post a pic of me in all my glory!!! You'll feel better than!!! LOL!!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'll post a pic of me in all my glory!!! You'll feel better than!!! LOL!!

Ive seen a pic of your face, and you dont seem FAT to me.

Your not fat.

Who's not fat?

I'm about 5'4" / 5'5" and weigh when converted 114. Guess it aint too bad, but 108 sounds soooo much better

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
what are you talking about you are 4-5 inches taller and only 6 pounds more. that is nothing. I was more than that for about a year after each child. I was only 5'1 and 125 pounds

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah I battled with the baby weight each time too. Only came right in Nov 2008.

Weighed *frantically searching for the Convertor* 65Kg /143 Pound after my 1st son and 62Kg / 136 pound after the second . . .
Took 6 years to get it OFF

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No no no, really no issues with going OFF topic from me. I do the exact same thing DAILY.

Its exactly that that intrigues me . . . . never know where the conversation will end up

Had to quote myself here . . . .see Vesta, now were at weight issues LOL

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
brumation, smoking, child birth, now weight...wow we are easily distracted around here :)

Here is how I look at thing. No one is fat as long as they are happy and healthy.
Vesta you are not fat either...no one can stay high school skinny forever. I know I am not and I am only 26. It happens and enjoy every day of it

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
brumation, smoking, child birth, now weight...wow we are easily distracted around here Smiley

But its soooo much FUN though

And Yes, Vesta youre not FAT. You look beautiful on the pics Ive seen

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sandra, I got you beat! My first weighed 9 pounds 3 oz! I am small framed too, not as small as you. I'm 5'3". So, after 18 hours of labor, water broken, baby not dropping, we opted for a section.

I was fit before pregnancy and am having a hard time getting it off. I have thyroid disease and can't drop the last 14 pounds to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. I've started a workout routine. It's only been 3 months and it is not happening fast enough for me. Grrrrr.....

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WOW big baby!!! the idea of a c-section scares me so bad.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's not. I had 2. Your sore with the first, but the key is to walk. And to have a great doc. Mine is an excellent doctor and he takes the time to ensure everything is right and everything is closed properly. With my first, my delivery nurse was excited to perform the section with him. It was her first with my doc. She was so impressed afterward that she only wanted to perform sections with him.

I swore I'd never go to a male doc, but I got screwed by 2 female OB's and he was highly recommended.

The idea of a vaginal delivery scares me. lol...

Latest posts