• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quit Smoking

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WOW big baby!!! the idea of a c-section scares me so bad.

The idea of a vaginal delivery scares me. lol...

Well Ive done both and go for a C anyday . . . . Like Renee said, just walk. Its sore, but Ive had other things that hurt more

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WOW big baby!!! the idea of a c-section scares me so bad.

The idea of a vaginal delivery scares me. lol...

Well Ive done both and will go for a C anyday . . . . Like Renee said, just walk. Its sore, but Ive had other things that hurt more

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta, you are totally right about houses having certain energies. Even with your house that was built new, what occurred on the land prior to the house being built? There is so much history, who knows what was what at one point in time? I'm with you on evil. Good souls can sense it like a bee sting.

That is neat about your house. I love old architecture, but don't want the headache of dealing with gutting it out. Sounds like you found a great deal and were at the right place at the right time.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
With both my kids I was up and about a few hours later. sore but not bad at all, did not even get an epidural with my son. Had one with my daughter and could not stand the thought of doing it again. That big needle is the worst part of the whole thing!!!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I had natural with the first 2. And was going for a natural with the 3rd. But she was so big for me they did not realize there was a problem until they realized she had not turned and was being born face up, I ended up with an epidural and he reached up and turned her. I will tell you I was mighty sore for the longest time. But I was begging just to be put out. I told them I had done this all before and all I wanted was the baby. I was not interested in being awarded an Earth Mother trophy!! Once they had a look at her even my Dr said that he had GROSSLY underestimated the size of her. Everyone always said you forget the pain!!! But I will tell you I NEVER forgot!!! :eek:

I think we were lucky to get this house because of what happened here. But we had already signed papers before we heard from the neighbors what happened. When we talked to the realtor about it she said we could get out of it because there is some legal thing that allows for it when something out of the ordinary happens in a house. I went through it again. Only sensing in the bedroom in front of the bathroom door an uneasiness. I did not know where he had died so I asked if it was in the bedroom but it was in the basement. So I don't really know what that was all about. Now I will tell you something that i have not told anyone before. In the basement there is a mirror that for whatever reason the Contractor did not take down. He stripped the house of everything else. (I might have been happier with the old cabinets if they were wood.) But left this large mirror. I have been too superstitious to take it down. As a Christian I do not believe in Ghosts but the Bible talks about the fallen Angels being cast down to Earth and they walk freely. So when someone says they have seen a Ghost I think they are actually seeing an Angel or a demon!! Scary stuff!! HUH!! Either way they cannot harm me so I have no fear.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, whatever they are called (ghosts, fallen angels, demons, etc.), they interfere with our world on occasion. I've experienced both and it can be very freaky.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Uh huh... I guess this is what happens when I take a hiatus...
Okay...
Been smoking seriously since the birth of my son, almost 18 years ago... I'm good with that.

Periods.. well jeese.. can we say permenupause ?

Fat ? That's relative... I'm 5'9" give or take part of an inch... weigh in around 180-190.. Couldn't care less... So what I don't fit into a bikini ? I'm not wanting to stop any of THOSE shows ;).

Alrighty now.. everyone good ? Excellent... the forum continues... ;)

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
LOL!!! I'm flashing as I write!! This getting old stuff ain't for me and I am fighting it all the way. I am trying to keep on doing the stuff I did in my twenties and so far I still am. Somethings I have gotten so much better at. ; ) My mind is still young and I am always surprised when my body betrays me. This extra weight keeps me from doing the things I want to do as well as I want to do them. At 5'2" Janie I have to watch my weight. If I fall down at this point I'll keep rolling!!! LOL!!

Good thing you came around when you did though. The forum WAS starting to falter!!! ;D

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not looking forward to menopause, I get hot flashes now and I am only in my mid 20s.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not looking forward to it either. Used to love the heat prior to pregnancy. Now, I can't stand it. Trying to talk the hubby into retiring in La Jolla.

Anyway, before I got the IUD out, I would have moments when I just dripped. My OB said it is too early for menopause for me, but my mom started younger.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well, the flashes are managable. It is the mood swings that I can't handle. I'll go from being happy as a lark to wanting to wring someones neck in 2 seconds down!!! There are days when I could hug a stranger and days when I HATE everyone. I have to question myself every time I feel like letting someone have it. If they deserve it or if I am just over reacting!! AGAIN!!!I'll say something to Mike about not being myself and he'll say. "I KNOW"!!! :eek:

Just gotta get through it. And then it's SMOOTH sailing. With NO risk of offspring!! LOL!!

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
AH HA!!!!! I found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the thread about smoking, pregnancy, periods, and menopause. The guys should really join in here. From a man's perspective, naturally. <evil grin> Of course i admit i do have a slight devilish nature as an instigator.

Well, to answer the first original question...............when i quit i did it cold turkey. I've been smoking since i was 11, so at 20, I had gone thru some fundage. I quit because I wanted something new that was slightly expensive. I didn't smoke for almost 3 years. Then.........I started back.

The second time, I used Welbutrin. Alot like Chantix........it has it's ups and downs. But about 5 weeks, and we found it was screwing with my medication. When it ended, so did my new found habit of not smoking.

Today, I figure everybody has to have a vice. Or three. I'll choose this one because it doesn't make me gain weight, it doesn't play any part in my limbido and i'm not prone to want to hurt things if i remember to INHALE...........just INHALE.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I know this response is late but Renee I have you beat for baby size. My first child weighed 9 lb 10 1/2 oz and was a month overdue. I was bed ridden the last two months due to health issues and gained 70 lbs but lost it in 3 months or so. Was in hard labor for 24 hours before an emergency c-section due to Jessi's heart stopped beating. Of course this was before they did induce labor. I am only 5'2" with a shoe size of 8. Had both kids c-section but with my second one I went into labor at 6 mo and was also bed ridden and he was 8 lb 6 oz. My first incision was coming open during this prego but was 2 years apart. I also had a hysterectomy at age 22. When I was 40 I was diagnosed with Autoimmune Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. I actually have both hashi's and graves disease. Renee, what problems do you have with your thyroid?

As for smoking, ummm started when I was 16. Quit cold turkey with both pregnancies. Started back up afterwards. Quite with Welbutrin, it messed me up and gave me migraines. Now, I can do without a cog but when I am stressed I will have one but I don't need them.

Vesta, the hot flashes go away. I haven't had any in many years.

It really sucks getting older. I can't tolerate the heat either. I take a med that warns me to stay out of the sun, yeah right.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow! Big baby. Sounds like a scary time, but I'm glad everything turned out. My first was born right on his due date. I guess it's true what they say - eat Italian and have sex. I did both and water broke while at the mall the next day. I was ready for him to get out, but he wasn't. :)

I have Hashimoto's. Haven't been regulated in 21 months. I gained 50 pounds with the first. Lost about 30 of it when I discovered I was pregnant again. Then gained 30. I'm 5'3" and used to wear a size 7 shoe, but now a size 8 does it. So, I have about 14 to loose to be back to pre-pregnancy weight. I eat healthy, am working out, and seem to be at a standstill. Grr....

I used to love the heat until pregnancy. Now, I can't stand it. It was about 100F on Sunday. We were outside with my in-laws, and I had to excuse myself. Couldn't take it anymore and came into the AC.

BTW...never too late.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well since we have talked about everything else in this thread I figured I would add one more problem women have to deal with...men too but less likely. I am up at 3 am going to the bathroom every 10-15 minuets to pee thanks to a VERY painful UTI. Just got home from the hospital. Figured if I'm up anyway may as well get antibiotics for it...have nothing else to do. They gave me a Pyridium to take home to help with the urge to go. I took that now I have about an hour to go before it starts working.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm 5'3" and used to wear a size 7 shoe, but now a size 8 does it. So, I have about 14 to loose to be back to pre-pregnancy weight. I eat healthy, am working out, and seem to be at a standstill. Grr....

Just dont get down on yourself Renee, It took me 6 Years to get rid of the last 10Kg after my second baby. I was also at a standstill, NOTHING worked and I felt well you said it Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Then one day it just started going down. Lost 10 Kg's in 3 months

Oooooooh Sandra, that sucks. I hate UTI's. And the getting up 20 times while youre supposed to be sleeping aint fun either. Hope the Antibiotics help, if not maybe we could give ya some old folk remedies. I know garlic / vinegar helps as well as sitro soda. Just not sure if you get that over there.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks, Monique. I won't give up. Too many skinny pics around the house. I want it back and I'm determined to get it.

Sandra, that sucks. I've never had one, but my grandmom-in-law just got home from the hospital from having a bad case of it and my niece was in the ER the other week for the same thing. Hope the meds work fast!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OH MY WORD!!! I had one of those just ONCE!! Had NO idea what it was and thought I was dying!! SO sorry my dear!!! Antibiotics should help!!

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee said:
I have Hashimoto's. Haven't been regulated in 21 months. I gained 50 pounds with the first. Lost about 30 of it when I discovered I was pregnant again. Then gained 30. I'm 5'3" and used to wear a size 7 shoe, but now a size 8 does it. So, I have about 14 to loose to be back to pre-pregnancy weight. I eat healthy, am working out, and seem to be at a standstill. Grr....

Since you are not regulated with your Hashimoto, it will be hard to lose the weight. A naturopath doctor told me once to cut all white flour and sugars out and keep the carbs at no more than 90 a day and I would lose the weight. Sure enough it works. For me, I have to exercise and eat less then 90 carbs a day or I gain weight. I belong to a lowcarb forum that has a lot of people with Hashi's, hypo and hyper people that are very informative. I can't tell you how many doctors I have seen except that very few actually know a lot about it.

Eww, UTI's are very painful. My daughter used to get them 4 times a year when she was small, thankfully she outgrew them.

Latest posts