• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Quit Smoking

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yea!!! Sometimes they do better for others than they do for you!! I can remember that first year on one of our first days she was wiggling and wrapping her arms around my neck and I gave her a few chances and than sat her down in her chair firmly and let her know I meant business!! We had to establish that when we were doing school it was serious business and I was teacher then. After school I was Mommy again! I knew I was sending her to school the next year and I had already heard a few comments from her future teachers insinuating that she might be behind because I had not sent her to them. I was determined she would be at the same level or surpass whatever they could teach. And I did!! We finished all curriculum for the year and they did not!! >;)!!

Her High School years when she would slack off I'd just tell her if she didn't shape up I was going to enroll her the next year!!! LOL!! She loved doing her schoolwork on the couch in her jammies. She loved the freedom it gave her to take the morning off and do it at night or on weekends if she wanted to skip a day!! She has a really good job with an insurance company so she must have learned something!!

For now with the new baby and your little one it would be extremely difficult to do. Though I know of some who do it. But they tell me how hard it is!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Way to go on doing what the school could not. I know homeschooling can work, I have already taught Kenz everything they teach in kindergarten except reading. She can make all the sounds of the letters just can't put them together yet. Plus she is a social butterfly and makes friends everywhere. I know once she starts school she will love being around all the kids. She has be counting down the days since my niece started school last year. Homeschooling would be hard to do with 2 little ones. No need to add more stress when I am going to have a newborn, Jordan will be 2 and I am still working on my degree, That would be too much school for me in one day. I take my classes online so after the kids go to bed I have to hit the books. Some nights I am up till 2 am doing my work. Not to mention all the day to day house and pet stuff.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
OH YEAH!!! I forgot about you doing school too!!! :O You certainly have your hands full but seem more than capable of handling it all!!! Good Job!!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Its a lot and I will be the first to admit, there are days where some things don't get done but I don't care (most times). I am enjoying my family and my life. If the laundry sits for a couple of days so I can play with the kids...then so be it. If the toys stay out one night, who cares, they are just going to get pulled out in the morning anyway. The important stuff (kitchen, floors, bathroom, etc) gets done everyday, just the less important task get skipped once or twice a week.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh boy, do I remeber the 1st days of school. When my eldest went to kindergarten I cried all the way home.
When he went to grade 1, the teacher said when we dropped them off, "Dont worry they will stop crying before you round the corner" LOL my son was laughing and had already started playing with the others. I WAS THE ONE HOLDING BACK THE TEARS, didnt want him to see me upset . . . so I actually had to sit in the car after dropping him off for like 10 minutes to be able to see well enough to drive home.
And with my second son it was the same....

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh I remember thoooooooooose days... Now just to get the young man of mine OUT of the house... lol...
He's gonna be 18 in a couple of months.. interesting how at this age, they seem to know everything, eh ?

I'm just the ATM for the moment, and the problem solver... I'm thinking things are gonna change drastically this year... if I can stay firm on my new course...

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm just the ATM for the moment
Yeah I can relate to that one. LOL

and the problem solver...

NOPE, they are 8 and 11 years and their TEACHERS apparently knows everything, Im an idiot . . . . LOL

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you all for the support. I can not believe I am having such a hard time with this. Chris offered to take her the first day but there is no way I want to miss this even if it means I have to sit in the car and cry when I leave.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My baby went to school today. I did so good and did not cry until I got home. It is only a half day so in less then a hour I will go pick her up. Thank God she does not have to go back till Friday. I don't think I could handle doing this all over again tomorrow.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah for you Sandra, you survived the first of the firsts......

Latest posts