• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New dragon

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sooo sorry to hear this. By your posts Buddha was confused & I also understood the same as Aleena did. Sorry for your loss.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Oh! I'm so sorry to hear that, Bouncer! And I'm sorry for my misunderstanding. I hope you're okay!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@bouncer36...I am really sorry to hear that the little one didn't make it and I totally understand how you are feeling at this moment because I have been in exactly the same spot in the past myself. I think you are wise to step back for a bit before you try again.
Just food for thought but since you began with these creatures you have gained a wealth of knowledge that you didn't have before and that knowledge will only benefit the next dragon you bring home should that time come in the future. I personally hope that it does:)

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Thank you I'm washing the tank today. Will sit it up again taking the bricks and cutting board out thinking I didn't get clean enough before I stuck them in thinking maybe they had something to do with it. If I get another dragon it will come from a breeder. And be a bigger one. Well it sounds better in my head than when I type or write something I miss words.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@bouncer36...I think finding a good breeder and getting one that is larger and perhaps a little older sounds like exactly the right way and the smart way to go:)
You can us a 10% bleach/90% water solution to clean with and any wood or stone or brick can be baked in a 210 degree oven for 30 minutes also to wipe out any possible bacteria bacteria as well as dry them:)

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Yea that's my plan. Won't be until next month before I get another one I had looked at one from a breeder and is still available. But cleaning everything first. If know some breeders let know some good one and I will check them out. Thank you. I don't know when I will get another one but I will not give of hope but know more little one

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Glad you are not giving up:)
As far as breeders go I always believe that if possible go with one in your area because that way you can go pick your dragon which will let you see the breeders setup and the condition of his animals BEFORE you purchase. It also will cut down on stress to the animal by not having to ship it. In our area here in Dayton,Ohio most of the "reptile folks" and breeders use CraigsList to advertise so I would look at the CraigsList adverts for your area and areas within reasonable driving distance to see:)

Pat B

Super Moderator
I am so sorry about your little beardie...may he RIP. I know you did everything right as you are a good beardie owner. Two in a row is tough to take. Give yourself some time and maybe down the road try again. These beardies are so tiny in the petstores. I would be afraid to get one....:(

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Well just got clean the whole thing out bleach and water. Set it up again. Maybe two weeks before I get one but wanted to set it up anyway to make sure the temps stay good. Change it around I think the bricks had to do with the death of the two little one. They were outside I did boiled them for thirty MIN man did they stink we I did I was wondering if something was sprayed on them. Well here is how it looks now

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348602781993.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348602781993.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 41

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe whatever was sprayed out leached out during the high heat.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Thank you all for your kind words. And not criticise me for trying again so fast after my other little one died.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You're welcome. Mistakes do happen and we're always learning new things. Lesson learned, "Don't use a brick that smells funny especially during and after baking for 30 minutes." Gotcha. ;)

When Allie became sick with pinworms, I began investigating her food, thinking the crickets were the culprit because I heard it only took one or the whole colony for her to be sick. Well, I went to a pet store about an hour away and went to get the cricket feed, water source, I noticed the state of the container the cricket and superworms were kept in. (Whenever I went to buy crickets, it was always clean. Now it wasn't and gnats were all over the cricket container. I didn't realize the super worms were contaminated either at the time. (I ordered five supers for Allie.) A bunch of gnats flew out from there. Now thinking while driving, I decided not to feed Allie those super worms. I stopped by somewhere and threw them away. I later told my mother why. I found the culprit being the super worms and I didn't want Allie to get another round of pinworms and risk another bacterial infection. Gnats carry parasites and worm larvae. Now, I go to Petland which is about 30 miles away from me. I don't risk Allie's health with that pet store. I haven't visited them in a while because of this. :)

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@bouncer36....true story here...when I was a little boy down in Louisiana all I wanted more than anything was to be a cowboy and to ride horses...See my dad was bullrider and saddle-bronc rider...when I was 5 I got my first taste of being on a horse and it did not go well...lol..I got thrown bigtime and cracked my head on a corral fence so my mom freaked and said no horses...That just made me more determined and eventhough I was scared and knew that if I got caught my mom would skin me I was gonna ride horses and so I snuck out and went out to the barn and I crawled up on a stack of hay and this little 5 year old kid in the middle of the night got on the back of a very large quarterhorse gelding...that lasted about 10 seconds and I got thrown again and this time got stepped on...worse part of the whole thing was soon as my mom heard me hollering she came running and when she realized I wasn't really hurt too bad she was clear to tan my hide for sneaking out in the middle of the nite and for getting on that horse after she had specifically forbid it...took a few days after that whippin for me to really wanna sit down on anything let alone on the back of a big ol horse that my little legs couldnt even stretch across its back but after those few days I couldn't think of anything else. And so I schemed a way for me to get back on that horse.
To make a long story shorter I can tell you that it took me 6 more tries and six more whippins and a broken wrist and 4 stitches from another run in with my head and that corral fence but one Saturday afternoon when my mom had gone to town and I was supposed to be in my room grounded again I snuck out of the window and made my way out to the barn and not only did I get up on that gelding but I took off out of the corral and out thru the pasture at a full gallop...no saddle, a death-grip on that horses mane and a smile on my face that was so wide I thought my head would split in half.
Me and that gelding rode all over the place for over an hour and then showed back up at the house and my mom was sitting on the hood of our car just staring at me.
For just a moment I thought I was a dead kid for sure but then all I could do was smile and my mom looked up at me and all she said was "Okay...Are you happy now,Cowboy?"
Here's my point...I wasn't gonna let anything stop me from riding that horse and being a cowboy cause it was what I really really wanted...it didnt matter how many times I cracked my head or my mom cracked a switch on my behind...it was what I wanted more than anything and nothing was gonna deter me from it and once I did finally take off on that gelding for the first time everything bad or painful I went through to get to that moment just faded into the background cause I was living a dream.
If your dream is to have another dragon and one that will be with you, healthy and strong for many years to come then no obstacle nor set back nor anything anyone says has a chance of stopping that from happening. Everything you have learned about bearded dragons up until now as I said earlier is knowledge that will make you much wiser when you choose your next dragon and it will make you wiser with the care that you give that dragon. And once you find that dragon that is meant to stay with you for a long long time then whatever bad things and sad things that happened before will fade because you will be living your dream. So far you have had your head cracked pretty hard on a corral fence a couple of times and to be truthful there is a possibility of another hard crack but then again there is also the possibility that next time is when you will take off on that full gallop,
Enjoy your day:)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Inspiring story of not giving up on your dreams. When I was a kid, I was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder and the teachers told me I wouldn't amount to anything. I spent many days trying to prove myself to everyone around me. I kept pushing myself to achieve what everyone said I couldn't do. I spent a good latter of my time trying to adapt to my limitations such as my left elbow having a radial dislocation and Attention Deficit Disorder. Not only that, but my development was somewhat slower than most of my peers so I didn't socialize much. I spent most of my time reading anything and everything I can get my hands on. I excelled in reading and some writing. It wasn't long before I discovered what I wanted to do and that was to write my heart's desire. Lets just say that my writing, um, sucked at first, but it developed as I learned more about writing.

Bluntly, it took several more years that I began to doubt what I was diagnosed with because I remember being interested in strange things like Astronomy, reptiles, and bugs. I was very sensitive to bright lights, noises, and storms. I couldn't figure out what I was diagnosed with until I began reviewing all that's happened to me during my childhood. I interviewed my mother, took notes, and revealed a different aspect to my disability that's been overlooked all this time. I had been under the impression that I had only one disability. Not two or three, maybe more. I spent days, months, and a year researching my notes on the Internet. I took my notes, psychologist notes from school, and life-threatening details (rocking violently and humming.) I never told anyone about this because to me it was normal. My mother believed the diagnosis was wrong and so did I. I have been re-diagnosed as having Autism-Spectrum Disorder (The highest of the Autism Spectrum.), ADD, and a Developmental Disorder because I was delayed in certain functions.

Another thing is: I hide my Autism Spectrum Disorder very well so you can't really tell unless you meet with me and know me well enough to catch on. I was thinking of giving up into it, but something told me not to. I went ahead and began making jewelry that was unique. Then Pretty Girl (Once Pretty Boy) came into my life, then Wilson (Will), Allie, and the three dogs I have. They're like my therapy. They relax me and help me reach my goals.

Latest posts