• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New dragon

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I can't find any breeder here close to me. I did find a breeder on facebook. I did look at one dragon before I got rascal but decided to go with rascal instead. Well it still available. Here is a pic male 3-4 months old. What do you think. If it still available by the time I get some money next month I may go with him
This one here from AKA Lizard Lady

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348682243948.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348682243948.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 74

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I think that until you have your money together and are ready to purchase a new dragon that I wouldn't settle on any one source for dragons but instead spend the time looking at as many different sources (breeders) as possible...then when you are ready you will have a huge pool to choose from:)

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Like Buddha likes to say: "Check your local Craigslist". Now, Craigslist might list some that are maybe an hour or two drive away. When you're ready, get in your car and go for a nice drive. It is well worth it to drive a little distance for a nice healthy dragon, plus the benefit of meeting someone else that is into dragons, and go to for advice, especially if you got the BD from him/her/them. Always check with BDF on any advice before putting it into practice.

Also, there are many breeders out there worth their salt that will ship a BD to your doorstep. Of course, shipping charges are extra and on you.

I agree with Buddha, while you're filling the piggy bank, look at as many sources as possible. A lot of breeders don't mind a phone call, in fact they welcome it and love to talk about BDs.

Check 'repticon.com', you might find an expo near you. Expos are great to meet people, but even better to see baby, juvies and full grown BDs for sale, and some great deals.

If you don't mind me asking; in what state do you live in?

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I'm looking at breeder around me and I'm looking at craiglist but not findering any breeder in my area

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Well order this dragon he is a leatherback. He 6 months old will be shipped out Monday and I will have Tuesday. I can't wait. He tank is sit up all ready to go

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Could not find a breeder close to me at all

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349461657333.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349461657333.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 58

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Got mine from breeder that going out of business. She getting divose and he taking her bussiness. She trying find homes for 20 baby dragons

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
When he comes Tuesday should I give him a soak then put him in his tank and offer food? Or just put him in his tank? The breeder told me that she has been giving crickets every other day. He is 6 months. Is that alright. That is how I feed Jessie and he is a year old

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Younger than the adult stage of their lives, while they are still growing, they should be offered Dusted live prey 1-2 times a day.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
That what I thought that the way I will be feeding him
I know that old picture of him she Saids that he bigger now

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mist him every other day & let him settle for 4-5 days before soaking if it isn't in shed.

Offer it's regular diet & schedule right from the start.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Ok that what I will. Talk to breeder this morning the dragon is actually a female instead of male. That ok with me. Can't wait to see her name I think will be scarlett

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Turns out she won't be here unto Wednesday cause no shipping tomorrow because the post office will be closed because of Columbus day

Pat B

Super Moderator
I have a 'stupid' question....How does someone mail a bearded dragon? I know....put it in a box and go to the post office but don't they get tossed around a lot? How do they react when taken out of their box? Just curious....:D