• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Most Creative Beardie Name?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my son's ex girlfriend who is Jewish name one of our dragons Kyle Gefilte fish Moscowitz..... we just call him Kyle!:p

marmite29

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i've got 2 bearded dragons the male is Rex due to my now 9 year old son wanting a dinosaur when he was 3,
and the female is called Neko think that is out of Rio but they both suit their names
Nexo is the green 1 and rex the other

Tedtation

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
friend of mine on this site named his Philip J. Fry who is a character on Futurama. I dont know what to name my baby when i get him/her.

am917

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Our neighbor named ours Remy from Ratatouille the movie, but I call him/her Remi Steel from the old TV show Remington Steele.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
We try to name our based on where or who we get them from so guess if the silk is a girl we will have to name it Karen lol

Corli Bruwer

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
31122010615.jpg01062011803.jpg31122010587.jpg Ok, bearing in mind i live in south africa. the first 2 i got we named sheila and billy jay, cause the dragons originate from Australia. Next 2 i got was named lucy and big john. her name was lucy, i kept it, and big john we named after a johnny cash song. then i got my 4 babies. 2 was named after the movie "how to train your dragon" hiccup and toothless, and my sister named the other two ganja and rambo.... lol. btw only hiccup is male, toothless, ganja & rambo is all females

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
WOW - am I white bread boring or what.....my guy is named, Henry. Our previous one was named, Bob. Our cats are, Jack & Sam......see the theme here - short, simple, direct, uncomplicated........of course, they're all guys - lol!

The most adventureous names we've ever had for our pets were, Salem (our 24 yr. old black cat), but he came w/that name already, however it did set the tone for all that followed. Then there was Snow, our white rabbit, Baxter her fawn mate, Tom the snake-neck turtle and Penny & Sandy our applicably colored mother & daughter hamster escape artist team. Again, the running theme is - it is what it is, the obvious - color! LOL

We've had too many others to mention, birds, fish, crabs - basically anything my boys can beg me for and promise they'll take care of but end up being MY daily pills instead. So, I've learned to keep names short, to the point and easily heard when I'm screaming it up & down the street, cuz somebody left the door open and one of them made a run for it!!

Cheers

fireflower

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I named mine "Winter's Rain" because I got her in the winter when it was raining. I just call her "Rainy" though. I named my leopard gecko "Izzy" after a licence plate I saw though

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I havent named mine yet but I was checking out names from the 1980's movie labyrinth, I may go with Ludo but its just a thought...out cats name is Sir Didymus! lol

Pixel

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Mine was between Loki, Pixel and Yoshi..Pixel seemed the less common, and he was so little when I got him...it just fit. Mom says its a stupid name and when I talk about him or she see's him she calls him Pokey (from the Gumby claymation series) instead.

BTW.. Labryinth is one of my favorite movies..Hoggle would be cute too :)

peachiest

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My first beardie was named Mick after Mick "Crocodile" Dundee. My two babies were a combined effort. My 9 year old chose Griffin's name from a list of mythological creatures. Renegade took a few days to name. We tossed around a lot of ideas but nothing felt right. Finally it dawned on me that I needed to name him after something that meant something to our family. My hubby is a Florida State alum and their mascot, Chief Osceola, rides a horse named Renegade.

peachiest

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
We went with Reptar, from the old Rugrats cartoon show. Though if we decide to get him a girlfriend, she'll be Persephone (Greek Goddess).

Reptar was one of the names I really liked for my littlest beardie before deciding on Renegade. My 9 year old vetoed that one. Lol! He also vetoed Merlin and Godzilla, all very good beardie names. He wanted to call hm Klinger (because Renegade often doesn't let go when I go to put him back in this tank). Lol.

Latest posts