• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

If you won the lottery, and found a nice island

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
that's not a topo janie. it's just google earth. A topo will tell me what kind of "foundation" is beneath the island and whether or not it will require a specific piering drilled to maintain what you want. C'mon......I'm OCD......don't give me a toy and expect me not to play to my fullest potential. rofl

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol........just need the name of the company. Engineers and professionals are usually the only ones with access to those things.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
nope, name of the company that does topographical survey in Tazmania

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it's ok.........I'll find it.

now what other construction do you want on this island?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
On one side is all scientific, the other side for homes, gardens and livestock if permitted.
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
livestock needs to be more defined. Remember this is an island. Wind Sheer Velocity and chickens don't mix well at times. lol..........seriously........what kind? How many houses? I've got the greenhouse, an aviary, water treatment is centrally located and the main house is pretty much done. How much is this lottery worth again? I can really spend some money :eek:

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Let's just say somewhere around 200 Million. figure in 40% for taxes and such, and there you are...
Livestock as in milking animals... though not a necessity, since the mainland is close enough.
Say 4 homes, around 900-1200 sq ft each. that doesn't include the main house...
Oh.. your house should be close to the labs ;)
Janie

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Main house has the Ob tower. The lower left side beach is good for landings and marine needs. Entomology hmmmm. Go with what your gut says... Important I think... say... for honey ?
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lots of research to be done where bugs are concerned. Edibles should be raised outside of testing areas, and typically in hives for bees. Type, species and variety would be indigenous to the island or mainland. You might research that and incorporate a more detailed outline to your scenario.

I played with alot of legos and lincoln logs when i was a kid...................can ya tell?

Twobeardieguy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm loving the way you ladies are thinking this up! It is good that yous already did this cause when I hit it this week I will be calling both of you and maybe a few others! ;)

Latest posts