• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help. I cant tell if he is entering brumation or is sick.

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
How is your dragon doing now? Have there been any changes?
He's eating a little bit of greens every other day or so. he's been a little in consistent but he's moving more and spending more time under his basking light. still hasn't eaten bugs and has only pooped once in the 2 weeks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He still hasn't started eating bugs yet. he eats greens about once a week and his poop looks healthy. no bad odor and it's solid logs still. i don't know what it could be.
As long as he's eating that is good are watching his weight? The pooping once every 2 weeks is normal for him not eating as much and he's basking are you rinsing the greens before serving so he's getting water?

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
As long as he's eating that is good are watching his weight? The pooping once every 2 weeks is normal for him not eating as much and he's basking are you rinsing the greens before serving so he's getting water?
Yes i washing his greens and spray them with water throughout the day just in case if he wants to eat some. His weight has been staying around the same spot. His fats pads are still good and he's not loose or gaining a lot of weight. He's been just laying under his hammock and comes out during the day but when it gets later he just stays under the hammock most of the time.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes i washing his greens and spray them with water throughout the day just in case if he wants to eat some. His weight has been staying around the same spot. His fats pads are still good and he's not loose or gaining a lot of weight. He's been just laying under his hammock and comes out during the day but when it gets later he just stays under the hammock most of the time.
Ok so he's fine - let him do his thing-

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The only thing i'm worried about is if i could be a respiratory infection. He doesn't wheeze and no mucus but he lays with him mouth slightly open when he's under his hammock
Post a pic I am thinking it's the same thing mine do- is it slightly ajar ?

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
He's been doing good and moving around more. I think i'm gonna order a respiratory antibiotic. His saliva has been thicker when he eats and it makes a slapping noise and everytime he breaths his beard moves in and out with his breaths. idk if those are signs of respiratory infection or i'm just overthinking.

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Update about Earl: I ordered an upper respiratory infection antibiotic because i help him up to my ear and could hear him clicking when we was breathing. so hopefully that comes in within a week. Other than that he has been acting the same and still eating critical care.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update about Earl: I ordered an upper respiratory infection antibiotic because i help him up to my ear and could hear him clicking when we was breathing. so hopefully that comes in within a week. Other than that he has been acting the same and still eating critical care.
You need to get a dosage on that antibiotic-- you do not want to over dose him- are you going to take him to the vet? where did you get the antibiotic?

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
You need to get a dosage on that antibiotic-- you do not want to over dose him- are you going to take him to the vet? where did you get the antibiotic?
I called the vet and they already have his weight and size on record so they are giving me the dosage and everything. he just pooped and it looks bad. idk if it's parasites or from only eating critical care but i know i won't be able to get any poop to the vet because he poops so rarely and the sample needs to be less than 24 hours old.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I called the vet and they already have his weight and size on record so they are giving me the dosage and everything. he just pooped and it looks bad. idk if it's parasites or from only eating critical care but i know i won't be able to get any poop to the vet because he poops so rarely and the sample needs to be less than 24 hours old.
Ok a fecal would be good- critical care is some good stuff- if you need him to poop feed him some baby food pumpkin add a drop of olive oil and a drop of honey- see if he will lick off a spoon first- or by syringe last resort- feed VERY SLOWLY - you don't want him to aspirate

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Ok a fecal would be good- critical care is some good stuff- if you need him to poop feed him some baby food pumpkin add a drop of olive oil and a drop of honey- see if he will lick off a spoon first- or by syringe last resort- feed VERY SLOWLY - you don't want him to aspirate
i'll try and get a fecal test done. his poop was pale and looked like it had musics or kind of slimy.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i'll try and get a fecal test done. his poop was pale and looked like it had musics or kind of slimy.
See the slimy/ mucous a lot-- if it's really runny and stink so bad it makes you leave the room that is a good sign of parasites- they can effect eating and activity if the count is really high

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
See the slimy/ mucous a lot-- if it's really runny and stink so bad it makes you leave the room that is a good sign of parasites- they can effect eating and activity if the count is really high
it didn't stink awfully but i'm just confused how he could of gotten parasites. i do full deep cleans of his cage and he hasn't eaten bugs in a month. i'm just so confused