• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help. I cant tell if he is entering brumation or is sick.

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Ok post a pic of your tank now please
7644AA78-715B-41AF-BCF5-738B7412668E.jpeg

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Please get him some more decor- what is the distance from the uvb to the floor? Are you using a digital probe thermometer to get surface basking temps-- he really has nothing to sit on except the hammock -
The probe is in the mail now and i've been waiting for him to get better before i start making big changes for him. His uvb is about 15 inches from the bottom

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The probe is in the mail now and i've been waiting for him to get better before i start making big changes for him. His uvb is about 15 inches from the bottom
Ok you need that probe -- adding decor will help you get temps etc- please get him some--- your dragon needs a hide- PetSmart has nice decor for dragons- did you see my tank - I just put the black mat in today- hiccup was giving me the stink eye but he will get over it

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Ok you need that probe -- adding decor will help you get temps etc- please get him some--- your dragon needs a hide- PetSmart has nice decor for dragons- did you see my tank - I just put the black mat in today- hiccup was giving me the stink eye but he will get over it
I have a new hammock and hide and bamboo bridge that i can install in just trying to figure out where i should put them

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
during the day
Get a regular house hold bulb and place on the cool side 40-60 watt no LED's they wont work - or set up a second basking spot in the middle of the tank - 90's --- that will keep the cool side around 80's --- you want a 50-75 watt bulb --

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Get a regular house hold bulb and place on the cool side 40-60 watt no LED's they wont work - or set up a second basking spot in the middle of the tank - 90's --- that will keep the cool side around 80's --- you want a 50-75 watt bulb --
alright sounds good i have started to get his new decorations ready and they should be in tomorrow morning. hopefully he starts basking again. he's been sitting under the basking bulb for about 5 minutes but still not basking quite yet