• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help. I cant tell if he is entering brumation or is sick.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it didn't stink awfully but i'm just confused how he could of gotten parasites. i do full deep cleans of his cage and he hasn't eaten bugs in a month. i'm just so confused
Dragons have parasites naturally - if surface basking temps and uvb are incorrect and crickets being fed are all causes of parasites- that is why we try and keep those things in check it will help the dragon keep them at bay--

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Dragons have parasites naturally - if surface basking temps and uvb are incorrect and crickets being fed are all causes of parasites- that is why we try and keep those things in check it will help the dragon keep them at bay--
his basking temps have been around 100 highest is 103 and his bulb is new. he stopped eating crickets over 3 months ago or so. should i order a fecal test mail in online? just so when he does poop i can mail it in.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
his basking temps have been around 100 highest is 103 and his bulb is new. he stopped eating crickets over 3 months ago or so. should i order a fecal test mail in online? just so when he does poop i can mail it in.
You can if you like- let me see if I can get some help on that

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm gonna schedule a vet appointment and see what they say. they'll test for respiratory infection and parasites
Do not let them do a enema---- they can end in disasterous results --- take a fecal in w/ you---- 24 hr sample - I have reached out to a vet tech that can help w/ mail in ---- is he showing signs of a RI ? Those can be diagnosed by a X ray and if hes having symptoms ---- mucous out of the nose mouth --- thick saliva --- clicking noises / heavy breathing -- also caused by improper UVB ---- incorrect surface basking temps---- humidity too high like over 70% or too low 20% or real low --- its usually the too low that will cause them

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Do not let them do a enema---- they can end in disasterous results --- take a fecal in w/ you---- 24 hr sample - I have reached out to a vet tech that can help w/ mail in ---- is he showing signs of a RI ? Those can be diagnosed by a X ray and if hes having symptoms ---- mucous out of the nose mouth --- thick saliva --- clicking noises / heavy breathing -- also caused by improper UVB ---- incorrect surface basking temps---- humidity too high like over 70% or too low 20% or real low --- its usually the too low that will cause them
He has been breathing somewhat heavy and when i had my ear on his chest i heard clicking. He probably got it from the humidity because it has been raining like crazy recently and at night it gets up to 55-60% in my room

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He has been breathing somewhat heavy and when i had my ear on his chest i heard clicking. He probably got it from the humidity because it has been raining like crazy recently and at night it gets up to 55-60% in my room
that is good humidity --- 40-50% --- that will not bother him --- its the really low humidity -- if your hearing clicking noise then get him into the vet ---- if he is sick I would get a ceramic heat emitter keep temps in the tank at night around 80- thats going to help w/ his immune system- make sure his surface basking temps are good --- and the UVB as well --- that will overall help him as well ---

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
that is good humidity --- 40-50% --- that will not bother him --- its the really low humidity -- if your hearing clicking noise then get him into the vet ---- if he is sick I would get a ceramic heat emitter keep temps in the tank at night around 80- thats going to help w/ his immune system- make sure his surface basking temps are good --- and the UVB as well --- that will overall help him as well ---
i have a ceramic heater already i just don't use it often. i will use it tonight and the soonest i can get him into the vet is October 20th but i'm trying to get a soon date.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i have a ceramic heater already i just don't use it often. i will use it tonight and the soonest i can get him into the vet is October 20th but i'm trying to get a soon date.
That is a long ways off -- I am not what else you can do for him other than to keep an eye on his behavior --- and keep the temps in the tank warmer than usual

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
That is a long ways off -- I am not what else you can do for him other than to keep an eye on his behavior --- and keep the temps in the tank warmer than usual
should i bump the temps to 105 or keep them at 100? i'll use the ceramic heater and i'm in contact with a different vet but idk if they are as reliable

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
should i bump the temps to 105 or keep them at 100? i'll use the ceramic heater and i'm in contact with a different vet but idk if they are as reliable
You need to keep them where he is most comfortable basking during the day - you dont want him not basking-
here is a website to find a reptile vet in your area ---- if your in a small town type in a bigger cities zip code
www.arav.org

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
You need to keep them where he is most comfortable basking during the day - you dont want him not basking-
here is a website to find a reptile vet in your area ---- if your in a small town type in a bigger cities zip code
www.arav.org
He hasn't been basking much only a little anymore and i haven't changed anything it's just been a slow decrease in basking.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i only use a 100 watt bulb but his tank is wood so it does keep the heat in better than glass. so i could go down to a 75 watt if needed and swap in between the two
And hes not basking now so drop the temp to 95 -97 if you can and see if that will help

Latest posts