• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help. I cant tell if he is entering brumation or is sick.

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
alright sounds good i have started to get his new decorations ready and they should be in tomorrow morning. hopefully he starts basking again. he's been sitting under the basking bulb for about 5 minutes but still not basking quite yet
I ordered a rock hide that will be easy to clean and sa arise and i set his new hammock and bridge up. So far he's been trying to avoid them but he keeps getting a little more familiar with them.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I ordered a rock hide that will be easy to clean and sa arise and i set his new hammock and bridge up. So far he's been trying to avoid them but he keeps getting a little more familiar with them.
Yep it will take a little bit - dragons do not like change

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Yep it will take a little bit - dragons do not like change
A729AF1F-58B2-4293-9127-C06360C0AB78.jpeg

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Ok that's ridiculous!
He has already started to poop and eat more so i'm thinking it was just a little bit of brumation. i'm getting him his favorite bugs tomorrow to see if he is ready to eat a little bit of bugs. He ate about 5 bites of greens which is really good for him recently.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He has already started to poop and eat more so i'm thinking it was just a little bit of brumation. i'm getting him his favorite bugs tomorrow to see if he is ready to eat a little bit of bugs. He ate about 5 bites of greens which is really good for him recently.
Ok so now we need those surface basking temps taken --- the UVB should of sparked his appetite --

Earls MUM

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
He hasn't been leaving from under his hammock at all really and i don't know where i could find a clear white basking light please let me know
Sounds like he is in brumation if all his heating and lighting is in order. Its the time of year for them to stay in the cool end and not to eat. It's all normal behaviour.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
his basking temps have been around 100 highest is 103 and his bulb is new. he stopped eating crickets over 3 months ago or so. should i order a fecal test mail in online? just so when he does poop i can mail it in.
The vet tech got back w/ me about the fecal test question
she has asked this
Did they need just a general worm/parasite test done?

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
The vet tech got back w/ me about the fecal test question
she has asked this
Did they need just a general worm/parasite test done?
He needs a parasite test and i took a video of him breathing because i got the respiratory infection meds today but i'm worried that he doesn't have one. I don't want to give him meds he doesn't need.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He needs a parasite test and i took a video of him breathing because i got the respiratory infection meds today but i'm worried that he doesn't have one. I don't want to give him meds he doesn't need.
I don't want to give him meds he doesn't need. Exactly---- can you post a video of him and his breathing -- record on youtube post link --- I can have a vet tech help on this along w/ the parasite test --

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
I don't want to give him meds he doesn't need. Exactly---- can you post a video of him and his breathing -- record on youtube post link --- I can have a vet tech help on this along w/ the parasite test --
this is how he has been breathing for the past 2-3 weeks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
this is how he has been breathing for the past 2-3 weeks
I cant hear anything or see anything out of the norm --- does he have any mucous or thick saliva going any clicking when he breaths? I have posted your video to the vet tech

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
I cant hear anything or see anything out of the norm --- does he have any mucous or thick saliva going any clicking when he breaths? I have posted your video to the vet tech
no mucus but when he eats his saliva sounds a little thicker and sometimes he clicks when i put him up to my ear. the only problem is i cant tell if it's his muscles and joints moving or his breathing.

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
So do bearded dragon's beard normally move when they breathe?