• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help. I cant tell if he is entering brumation or is sick.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Sadie i was wondering how long until earl starts eating bugs again. i offered him some hornworms and he looks at them and gets a little tempted by slight opening his mouth and looking at them, but he won't try and eat them or go near them. hornworms used to be his favorite he woudl run across the room to get them
Keep offering him the insects and the worms- how's the eating going?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he's been eating critical care and he doesn't mind it. he always eats about 1.5 MLs every serving. but still no bugs and he sometimes eats greens.
Offer the food salads and the insects before you feed him --- I am wondering if hes getting lazy

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Offer the food salads and the insects before you feed him --- I am wondering if hes getting lazy
ive been trying to offer the insects but the salad is always in his cage. Could he have mouth rot or anything similar to that where he won't eat solids?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ive been trying to offer the insects but the salad is always in his cage. Could he have mouth rot or anything similar to that where he won't eat solids?
I dont know are his gums black or discolored ? Can you get a pic of the inside of his mouth please-- he should have fresh salads every day - I take my dragons bowls out every afternoon and wash the bowls -- throw the salad --

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
I dont know are his gums black or discolored ? Can you get a pic of the inside of his mouth please-- he should have fresh salads every day - I take my dragons bowls out every afternoon and wash the bowls -- throw the salad --
i replace the salad every morning and spray it down when it starts looking dry. i also wash the bowls everyday. how can i get a pic of inside his mouth?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i replace the salad every morning and spray it down when it starts looking dry. i also wash the bowls everyday. how can i get a pic of inside his mouth?
Probably gonna take two of you- or try pulling his bottom lip down and get a pic of his gums- you can use a qtip and go in on the side of his mouth and see if he will open

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Probably gonna take two of you- or try pulling his bottom lip down and get a pic of his gums- you can use a qtip and go in on the side of his mouth and see if he will open
im gonna be taking him to the vet in 2 weeks so they are gonna do a fecal test and examination.

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
No enemas- take a fecal w/ you 24 hour sample- enemas can end in disaster -
Do you know anyway i can fatten Earl up? his fat pads on his head seem fine but i can feel the points of his spine when i pet his back. should i give him more critical care or should i make some type of slurry since he isn't eating bugs?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you know anyway i can fatten Earl up? his fat pads on his head seem fine but i can feel the points of his spine when i pet his back. should i give him more critical care or should i make some type of slurry since he isn't eating bugs?
You dont want to put weight on him too fast --- keep feeding him the 3 times per day and maybe some treat worms in between like super or a few wax worms- a good balanced diet is going to put his weight back on -- but you want to do it slowly

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
You dont want to put weight on him too fast --- keep feeding him the 3 times per day and maybe some treat worms in between like super or a few wax worms- a good balanced diet is going to put his weight back on -- but you want to do it slowly
It looks like on the back of his head that between his fat pads looks sunken in. I don't know if that means his fat pads are just that big or if that's a health concern

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks like on the back of his head that between his fat pads looks sunken in. I don't know if that means his fat pads are just that big or if that's a health concern
Not sure either take a pic of him I will have someone take a look at him

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Not sure either take a pic of him I will have someone take a look at him
F46210FE-7E96-408E-81CD-A30E4A3629AC.jpeg
EE11AC84-CBE1-4E71-84BF-55C5D3486EE0.jpeg
FA91CCFC-646F-41A3-860C-7D1463B448B4.jpeg