• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help. I cant tell if he is entering brumation or is sick.

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
They must be sending the Omnivore I am thinking the Herbivore is the greens - as long as hes getting some protein that is good --
He's already starting to look better. he came out from under his hammock on his own for the first time in a while. i was wondering if i should remove the T8 uvb fixture from the other side of his tank. i looked it up and it said they like to have some area without uvb.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He's already starting to look better. he came out from under his hammock on his own for the first time in a while. i was wondering if i should remove the T8 uvb fixture from the other side of his tank. i looked it up and it said they like to have some area without uvb.
Yes remove it

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thats good - is that what the critical care said or the vet? You could feed the critical care to get him on the way to being healthy again and feed as recommended
He also already started to eat greens again. he just took about 3 bites of it.

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Thats good - is that what the critical care said or the vet? You could feed the critical care to get him on the way to being healthy again and feed as recommended
that's what the vet said so i guess that's what i'll do. he's been more active but he went back under his hammock so i don't know if it's just a spot he likes or what

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
that's what the vet said so i guess that's what i'll do. he's been more active but he went back under his hammock so i don't know if it's just a spot he likes or what
As long as hes coming out now and eating and basking dont worry about him ---

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
As long as hes coming out now and eating and basking dont worry about him ---
i just fed him again and he's had about 2 MLs of critical care today and a ML of slurry so he should be hydrated and full decently. he's already starting to put weight back on and looking more healthy. he has rubbed his face on his carpet like twice so far so idk if that a good or bad thing it might be from the critical care getting on his face a little

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i just fed him again and he's had about 2 MLs of critical care today and a ML of slurry so he should be hydrated and full decently. he's already starting to put weight back on and looking more healthy. he has rubbed his face on his carpet like twice so far so idk if that a good or bad thing it might be from the critical care getting on his face a little
Or shed coming on- did he come out to eat on his own? You can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner for his tank - cut to the size of it - clean w/ vinegar and water 50/50 it would be easier to keep clean than the carpet

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Or shed coming on- did he come out to eat on his own? You can get some textured NON adhesive shelf liner for his tank - cut to the size of it - clean w/ vinegar and water 50/50 it would be easier to keep clean than the carpet
i will get that next time i'm at lowe's. do you know what thr best basking bulb for 21 inches away? should i use a 100 or 150?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i will get that next time i'm at lowe's. do you know what thr best basking bulb for 21 inches away? should i use a 100 or 150?
Your going to need to use your probe thermometer- basking bulbs are trial and error- start with a 100 then go from there

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
He came out and ate greens but i had to grab him out of his tank to feed him the critical care. he's acting better and eating some food. he's already starting to put some weight back on. and he's basking a little bit but i'll let him settle back into his flow.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He came out and ate greens but i had to grab him out of his tank to feed him the critical care. he's acting better and eating some food. he's already starting to put some weight back on. and he's basking a little bit but i'll let him settle back into his flow.
Get the temp to 95-100

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ok i'll move his lamp high up and shoudl i stop making slurry and just giving him critical care? also should i add calcium to the critical care so he gets some of that in him?
It should have it in it look on the label- check your temps then watch his behavior -

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
It should have it in it look on the label- check your temps then watch his behavior -
alright i'll keep an eye on him. i'm gonna make a different slurry tomorrow and see if he likes it more. ive been using the slurry to get him hydrated.

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
I have one more question does the critical care dehydrate him at all? because i want to make sure he doesn't become dehydrated anytime soon.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have one more question does the critical care dehydrate him at all? because i want to make sure he doesn't become dehydrated anytime soon.
If your watering it down make it like a slurry then no --- if its really thick then possibly but I would make sure its runny -- watch his poops they will tell you if hes dehydrated --- urate will be white formed and moist - poop dark formed and moist

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
If your watering it down make it like a slurry then no --- if its really thick then possibly but I would make sure its runny -- watch his poops they will tell you if hes dehydrated --- urate will be white formed and moist - poop dark formed and moist
Hi Sadie i was wondering how long until earl starts eating bugs again. i offered him some hornworms and he looks at them and gets a little tempted by slight opening his mouth and looking at them, but he won't try and eat them or go near them. hornworms used to be his favorite he woudl run across the room to get them

Latest posts