• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help. I cant tell if he is entering brumation or is sick.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also i called my vet and they are sending me something called critical care that will hopefully bring his appetite back
Critical care is good- you can water it down so he's getting hydration - another reason they will not eat- see if he will lick off a spoon before force feeding- please get those surface basking temps and uvb in check and see what he does

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Flukers - Exo Terra intense or zoo med repti basking or a Arcadia halogen - you must have a digital probe thermometer to get accurate surface basking temps-- you can look at Petco or PetSmart or any reptile shop-
is the zoo med 150 watt white? because that's what i ahve but it seems yellowish to me

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
is the zoo med 150 watt white? because that's what i ahve but it seems yellowish to me
Zoo Med Intense bulbs are white -- please post a pic of the bulb your using -- Flukers is a good brand and very reasonable --

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
It's this brand but 150 watts instead of 100
image.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it's a hammock that i put a black cloth over so it's darker for him because i thought he was gonna brumate. should i take it for?
I am not sure- you can see what he's behavior is like after- but we need that uvb and surface basking temps up to par-

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
I am not sure- you can see what he's behavior is like after- but we need that uvb and surface basking temps up to par-
ill go get a new UVB light tomorrow morning. Also he is definitely losing weight his fat pads are smaller and his spine is poking through more

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ill go get a new UVB light tomorrow morning. Also he is definitely losing weight his fat pads are smaller and his spine is poking through more
Not good - you don't need a new uvb bulb unless it's a year old- is the uvb bulb in a fixture what length?

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Not good - you don't need a new uvb bulb unless it's a year old- is the uvb bulb in a fixture what length?
it is on the opposite side of the tank from the basking light but i don't know how i could change that because the light is hot enough from above and the uvb needs to be closer than the top of the tank

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
18 inches it covers half the tank
Please post a pic of your tank- a 18 inch fixture is a T 8 meaning they are not as strong as a T 5 and if it's in the tank and approx 8 inches above the basking decor it's good- they do expire in 5 months- so we need to look at getting him into your vet-- dragons will go to the light they need- him losing weight and lighting and temps are good something else is going on- have a parasite test done- feed him some canned plain pumpkin w/ a little olive oil like a drop of two w/ a drop or two of honey - you may haft to force feed but we need him to go poop before you take him in+- no enemas at the vet-- thru often end in disaster - they want a poop sample of 24 hours

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Please post a pic of your tank- a 18 inch fixture is a T 8 meaning they are not as strong as a T 5 and if it's in the tank and approx 8 inches above the basking decor it's good- they do expire in 5 months- so we need to look at getting him into your vet-- dragons will go to the light they need- him losing weight and lighting and temps are good something else is going on- have a parasite test done- feed him some canned plain pumpkin w/ a little olive oil like a drop of two w/ a drop or two of honey - you may haft to force feed but we need him to go poop before you take him in+- no enemas at the vet-- thru often end in disaster - they want a poop sample of 24 hours
image.jpg

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
i can get a T5 tomorrow morning and a new fixture if need.

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
the weird thing is he started acting like this before i even moved him into his big tank so i don't know what started it because he's been acting the same in tow different tanks with two different lighting systems

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
the weird thing is he started acting like this before i even moved him into his big tank so i don't know what started it because he's been acting the same in tow different tanks with two different lighting systems
Please get him off the floor and please go and get 2 digital probe thermometers - that UVB fixture is different to me does not look like ones I have seen before- and yes please upgrade to a T 5 - if you cant find one where you live then I can post some websites for you to order one- also please get him a hide and some more decor pieces to put in his tank for climbing- do you have a PetSmart where you live? Please show me the bulb thats in the UVB fixture -- I am thinking its a long coil type? Or is it a solid long tube ? Dragons will go thru relocation stress when getting moved into different tanks but it should not stop them from eating all together- upgrading the T 5 you will need a whole new fixture you want a 24" Zoo Med or a Arcadia Pro T 5 12% bulb - PetSmart has started carrying those - please keep me updated

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Please get him off the floor and please go and get 2 digital probe thermometers - that UVB fixture is different to me does not look like ones I have seen before- and yes please upgrade to a T 5 - if you cant find one where you live then I can post some websites for you to order one- also please get him a hide and some more decor pieces to put in his tank for climbing- do you have a PetSmart where you live? Please show me the bulb thats in the UVB fixture -- I am thinking its a long coil type? Or is it a solid long tube ? Dragons will go thru relocation stress when getting moved into different tanks but it should not stop them from eating all together- upgrading the T 5 you will need a whole new fixture you want a 24" Zoo Med or a Arcadia Pro T 5 12% bulb - PetSmart has started carrying those - please keep me updated
i'm going to get the T5 today and the fixture i'm moving his uvb to his basking side and the one he currently has is a solid long tube. what do you mean by get him off the floor?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i'm going to get the T5 today and the fixture i'm moving his uvb to his basking side and the one he currently has is a solid long tube. what do you mean by get him off the floor?
The tank - put it on a dresser or stand