• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help. I cant tell if he is entering brumation or is sick.

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
The tank - put it on a dresser or stand
should i make some type of purée of collard greens and bugs to syringe feed him? i saw that online and was wondering if it could help. he might be malnourished even though i dusted all his bugs it might not have been enough

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
alright i'll elevate it when i get home i'm going to get the T5 now
Yes feed him a slurry- see if he will lick off the spoon if not syringe feed very slowly w/ some water in it and I would feed around 1 ml for starters

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Yes feed him a slurry- see if he will lick off the spoon if not syringe feed very slowly w/ some water in it and I would feed around 1 ml for starters
I got the T5 10.0 and a hood for it should i put the hood inside the tank or on top of the mesh? also how much slurry should he eat today?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got the T5 10.0 and a hood for it should i put the hood inside the tank or on top of the mesh? also how much slurry should he eat today?
Feed 1 ml slowly - screen on the tank is it a fine mesh or wide hole type

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no i just put it on after he ate a little he is looking better already though he's walking around i think it's because he got some water in him
Ok good offer more later how much did he eat and how did he eat spoon ? syringe? Where is he at ? Under the uvb or lamp

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Ok good offer more later how much did he eat and how did he eat spoon ? syringe?
he ate about a full syringe and about half of another so 1.5 ML or so but i cut a whole in the top of the wire. is there anyway i can test if the UVB is reaching?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he ate about a full syringe and about half of another so 1.5 ML or so but i cut a whole in the top of the wire. is there anyway i can test if the UVB is reaching?
If it's in range of what I told you it is- you would need to buy a solar meter and they are expensive - $250 watch his behavior-

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
If it's in range of what I told you it is- you would need to buy a solar meter and they are expensive - $250 watch his behavior-
yeah i'll just keep monitoring him and giving him the slurry. i'll update you if anything happens and my critical care is coming in soon. thank you for all the help i don't know if he would be alive without your help. i also plan on mounting that new uvb but ill do that this weekend and i'm looking into finding a table to put his cage on because i don't have anything to put his cage on currently