• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I need help. I cant tell if he is entering brumation or is sick.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah i'll just keep monitoring him and giving him the slurry. i'll update you if anything happens and my critical care is coming in soon. thank you for all the help i don't know if he would be alive without your help. i also plan on mounting that new uvb but ill do that this weekend and i'm looking into finding a table to put his cage on because i don't have anything to put his cage on currently
Check used furniture stores a old dresser works good w/ drawers good for keeping his stuff in - I got one for $40

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
If it's in range of what I told you it is- you would need to buy a solar meter and they are expensive - $250 watch his behavior-
he's still a little sluggish and laying under his hammock but it's good that he got something in his stomach

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he's still a little sluggish and laying under his hammock but it's good that he got something in his stomach
Yes go slow w/ the food- I would feed small amounts you don't want to overwhelm him

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Check used furniture stores a old dresser works good w/ drawers good for keeping his stuff in - I got one for $40
i don't notice any changes from the uvb light the cage is 21 inches tall so he is about 20 inches from it or so is that close enough to affect him or anything?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i don't notice any changes from the uvb light the cage is 21 inches tall so he is about 20 inches from it or so is that close enough to affect him or anything?
It needs to be no farther than 15 inches no closer than 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
is there anything else i should do? and what kind of hide should i get him
A big one - go look at PetSmart online or Amazon - I would stay away from wood ones they are hard to keep clean

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
A big one - go look at PetSmart online or Amazon - I would stay away from wood ones they are hard to keep clean
ok ive been working so my next paycheck i will get the hide and elevate his cage. money is a little tight after the medicine and the new terrarium hood.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ok ive been working so my next paycheck i will get the hide and elevate his cage. money is a little tight after the medicine and the new terrarium hood.
Medicine are you talking about the critical care? Start looking and see what you can find -- I am glad hes eating -- that is a good sign --

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Medicine are you talking about the critical care? Start looking and see what you can find -- I am glad hes eating -- that is a good sign --
yeah critical care and how much do you think i should try to give him everyday when it comes to the slurry? 2 ML or more?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yeah critical care and how much do you think i should try to give him everyday when it comes to the slurry? 2 ML or more?
No too much-- I would feed him 1 ml-- you dont want to overwhelm him --- feed 3 times per day breakfast lunch and dinner -- once he starts putting weight on try and get him back over to him eating on his own again -- keep him hydrated that will help push things out the other end

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
No too much-- I would feed him 1 ml-- you dont want to overwhelm him --- feed 3 times per day breakfast lunch and dinner -- once he starts putting weight on try and get him back over to him eating on his own again -- keep him hydrated that will help push things out the other end
alright sounds good. i'm gonna mount that light tomorrow when in the morning and give him some slurry and hopefully he starts looking better.

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
i was also wondering about the uvb light placement. am i allowed to have it pointed diagonally from the top or would that cause light to go directly in his eyes. i just want to know because i was planning on putting it diagonally so it covers his whole basking area with uvb.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i was also wondering about the uvb light placement. am i allowed to have it pointed diagonally from the top or would that cause light to go directly in his eyes. i just want to know because i was planning on putting it diagonally so it covers his whole basking area with uvb.
I would have it shining directly downward on him -- you dont want the light blinding him -- I wouldnt worry about trying to cover him completely w/ UVB -- they need to be able to be out in the tank w/ out having to constantly be under it or they will hide from it --- that is why I always recommend 24" fixtures for tanks 40-120 gallon anything longer would need a longer fixture/ hood

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
I would have it shining directly downward on him -- you dont want the light blinding him -- I wouldnt worry about trying to cover him completely w/ UVB -- they need to be able to be out in the tank w/ out having to constantly be under it or they will hide from it --- that is why I always recommend 24" fixtures for tanks 40-120 gallon anything longer would need a longer fixture/ hood
alright thank you so much for everything i will keep you updated on what i do and everything. i'm gonna keep giving him that slurry for a while until the critical care comes in. ill mount that uvb tomorrow and start looking for a table to put his tank on. thank you so much Sadie. if there is anything else i can do better please let me know. i won't be able to get the good digital thermometers until next paycheck but until then i'll keep a close eye on his temp with the gun and everything.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
alright thank you so much for everything i will keep you updated on what i do and everything. i'm gonna keep giving him that slurry for a while until the critical care comes in. ill mount that uvb tomorrow and start looking for a table to put his tank on. thank you so much Sadie. if there is anything else i can do better please let me know. i won't be able to get the good digital thermometers until next paycheck but until then i'll keep a close eye on his temp with the gun and everything.
Ok good the gun is better than nothing- just feed slowly you don't want him gaining a ton of weight all at once- I am glad he's eating out of the syringe - I would add some protein to the slurry as well if you haven't and a pinch of calcium

iLoveEarl20613

Hatchling Dragon
Ok good the gun is better than nothing- just feed slowly you don't want him gaining a ton of weight all at once- I am glad he's eating out of the syringe - I would add some protein to the slurry as well if you haven't and a pinch of calcium
i put crickets in it and some calcium aswell so i don't know if it was enough protein or not but i know the critical care has a lot of protein in it.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i put crickets in it and some calcium aswell so i don't know if it was enough protein or not but i know the critical care has a lot of protein in it.
They must be sending the Omnivore I am thinking the Herbivore is the greens - as long as hes getting some protein that is good --

Latest posts