• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where is everyone located ??

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
sara said:
Found this picture already in photobucket,hope you all like it.
007-1.jpg

Very cool, Sara! 8)

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jiffy said:
Very cool Sara. Me likey!! :)
Figure I will post my Bronco too
(this picture was actually in Bronco Driver magazine, with an article about me and the Bronco, for a special Women and Broncos issue)
289422870_953f702fd0.jpg

Very nice, Jen! VERY nice! And how cool is it to be in Bronco Driver? How long ago was the article printed? What issue? I might have to go look for it on the Bronco Driver site.

Here's my Jeep. Just got done with about $1600 in mods since an accident two days before Christmas (a guy ran a stop sign and hit me while on the way to work). New tube fenders, flare eliminators, tire carrier, seats, and cargo net. It's all ready for the trails....just wish I could ride on them again.

The 33s are looking rather small. I'm wanting to regear to 4.88s and throw some 35s on there.

Jeep1resized.jpg

Jeepresized.jpg

Seats3.jpg

TireCarrier.jpg

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
High and wide on those tires, eh Craig ?
Pretty cool all around... Maybe you can live vicariously through the girls mudding around in that!
Hope this helps !
Janie

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Craiger! I really like my old Bronco. Here is a link to the issue that it was in. It was issue 23, about 3 years ago or so.
http://www.broncodriver.com/contents.html#23

Here is a picture of what the Bronco looked like when I got it.
291893632_651146d867.jpg

And me and the Bronco. I think this is also one of the ones that was in the article (along with the before pic from above)
291901339_1e9453c246.jpg

Jeep looks great! And fun! Looks like you have got all kinds of cool mods done to it.
That sucks that someone hit you. Have you not been able to ride trails because the Jeep was messed up, or because you got hurt?
I had not driven my Bronco in over a year until 3 weeks ago. I hurt my knee and had surgery last year, and couldnt bend my knee enough to push in the clutch. (3 speed on the column). I finally got to drive it to a cruise in the 2nd Friday in April. I was so happy! I had missed it.
(yeah, I know, I am such a girly girl!) ;)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jen. your lateral get mucked up ?
I've driven standards my whole life up until this year... I still "look" for the darned clutch !
Did I mention I am fond of red heads.. even strawberries ? *grins*.
Looks good... even for a "girly" girl type :D
Janie

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I KNEW I shouldn't have sold that burb... Vintage almost even ! And .. Big ? ;)
Janie
too kewl !

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
High and wide on those tires, eh Craig ?
Pretty cool all around... Maybe you can live vicariously through the girls mudding around in that!
Hope this helps !
Janie

LOL! The twins can't even drive a stick shift. Besides, they want NOTHING to do with it. They'd get their hair messed up. ::)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
oh... Girls... jeese don't they realize guys like gals with wind blown hair ? Whadda ya mean they don't know how to drive standard ? Isn't that what each kid should learn first when wanting to drive ? *sowwy.. couldn't resist.. This seems to be happening more often.. hmmm.. might need to back off the chai perhaps ?*
Janie

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jiffy said:
Thanks Craiger! I really like my old Bronco. Here is a link to the issue that it was in. It was issue 23, about 3 years ago or so.
http://www.broncodriver.com/contents.html#23

Here is a picture of what the Bronco looked like when I got it.
291893632_651146d867.jpg

And me and the Bronco. I think this is also one of the ones that was in the article (along with the before pic from above)
291901339_1e9453c246.jpg

I definitely like the new look. Wheels, tires, and all. Good job!

Jeep looks great! And fun! Looks like you have got all kinds of cool mods done to it.

Thanks. I've had it for 7 years. Here's what it looked like when I got it.

Wrangler1.jpg

That sucks that someone hit you. Have you not been able to ride trails because the Jeep was messed up, or because you got hurt?

Well...yeah, because I got hurt, but I was hurt for a few years before the accident. Since October 2006, I've had 5 disc herniations, 4 bulging, 4 spinal surgeries (3 lumbar, 1 cervical), and a pretty hefty shoulder surgery (torn rotater cuff, several cartilege tears (one was 2 inches long) and a detached ligament). My shoulder had dropped more than an inch and a half and I'd lost a lot of strength and started dealing with atrophy. It was smaller than my left arm. I still don't have all my strength back, but it's definitely better. Don't know that I'll ever be back to 100% with it.

I'd had my last back surgery just 7 weeks before this guy hit me. The doctor ordered another MRI and told me it looks like some of the disc has been broken away and is now wedged into the L4 nerve....and is because of the accident. He hit my back right wheel squarely and spun me around more than 180 degrees. Did a lot of damage to my suspension components and no body damage other than a flare. The guy didn't have insurance...so I'm on my own 'til it's all over. My insurance company's taking care of me, though. They're taking him to court to recover all my costs.

I've had 14 spinal injections in the last three years (three in the last 8 weeks). They're rather painful in and of themselves.

I had not driven my Bronco in over a year until 3 weeks ago. I hurt my knee and had surgery last year, and couldnt bend my knee enough to push in the clutch. (3 speed on the column). I finally got to drive it to a cruise in the 2nd Friday in April. I was so happy! I had missed it.
(yeah, I know, I am such a girly girl!) ;)

That's cool! Cruise-ins are about all I get to look forward to these days. It's okay, though. Still a lot of things to do with the Jeep club. I've got some really close friends in it.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
oh... Girls... jeese don't they realize guys like gals with wind blown hair ? Whadda ya mean they don't know how to drive standard ? Isn't that what each kid should learn first when wanting to drive ? *sowwy.. couldn't resist.. This seems to be happening more often.. hmmm.. might need to back off the chai perhaps ?*
Janie

That's what I've tried to tell them.....that guys actually LIKE that. But they won't have any of it. LOL!

I also tried getting them to learn to drive my Jeep, first, but they don't even want to consider a standard.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
*shakes head* Kids these days... Don't they realize all the mischief.. I mean fun they are missin out on ?
Janie

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
*shakes head* Kids these days... Don't they realize all the mischief.. I mean fun they are missin out on ?
Janie

We'll keep that on the down low! ;)

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
UMMMM!!! Craiger!!! I don't think those girls need any help in anyway getting noticed!!! It might be a good thing they are not into your jeep. If you get my drift!!!!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta said:
UMMMM!!! Craiger!!! I don't think those girls need any help in anyway getting noticed!!! It might be a good thing they are not into your jeep. If you get my drift!!!!

Oh, I get it alright! ;)

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Janie, now my hair is kind of violet though! (at least until this color fades, I get bored easily and change my hair color) :)

Northface,
Very nice!

Craiger, oh my gosh, I am so sorry about your back. That sounds painful just reading it. I have only had a pinched nerve in my back a couple of times, and that hurt like heck. I cannot even imagine how you must feel. I hope that they can get you some relief for your back that lasts a while.

I dislocated my kneecap in April 2009, and had surgery in June. They cut the tendon, and shaved down bone, and put in some screws and moved some stuff around. So I was stuck in the house all summer. And I still walk like a pirate half the time (like a peg leg)

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks, Jen. Honestly, though, it's starting to become just a part of life for me. I won't lie and say it's easy, because it isn't. I'm just coping with it. Some days are pretty hard, but I have a very loving wife who supports me and tries to make things easier. Not sure where I'd be without her.

Your knee surgery sounds a bit similar to my shoulder surgery. Shaving some cartilege and bone, cleaning up a bunch of arthritis, re-attaching the tendon. Very painful and was a long recovery.

Latest posts