• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new bearded dragon

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
it is true like the one girl i met that had hers on rabbit pellets she said one of hers died on repti-carpet i was wondering how that could happen maybe she only picked the poop up and didnt replace it or clean it boots is a smart little curious fella but i would pick the poop up daily or every other day when i see 1-3 poops i pick it up i wash thinki ng of washing it out with just plain water to get rid of the residue from the poop and pee and just do that every 2 weeks or so or maybe weekly if needed noone informed me when or how to clean these it says to clean in dishwasher but that dosent seem right chemicals from dishsoap lol the answer to how often and how much i should clean the repti-carpet and what to use to clean it would be nice :)

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Repti-carpet can house bacteria if it's not rinsed out. Think about it. If a dog craps on the floor, HOPEFULLY it gets cleaned up. No brown smudges anywhere, not on tile or carpet.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Repti-carpet can house bacteria if it's not rinsed out. Think about it. If a dog craps on the floor, HOPEFULLY it gets cleaned up. No brown smudges anywhere, not on tile or carpet.

Now thats Funny:eek:

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
LOL yea that is true he is still pooping like a champ im putting him on repti carpet but how often should i rinse it out with water

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well i was wondering when i bought the uvb i bought one with a desert tube 18 up to 100 mw 4", up to 50mw 12", up to 25mw 18", up to 5 mw for 24" is that fine cause he gets right up their thats the light that wakes him up in the morning lol his night temps are fine day temps are perfect as basking temps are all correct :) just need repti-carpet

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It depends on what he pushes out. You don't want 2 let any bacteria build up, dealing with parasites can be costly. You might have to rinse it 1, 2, maybe 3 times a week.

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
lol yea thats true i will wash it out that much just to be sure lol but yea the uvb question is the desert tube fine for him

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As long as you are providing him with UVA/UVB he will be fine. There are bulbs available that may benefit your Dragon more. Ultimately, it is best 2 see how your Dragon reacts to the light you have provided & take notes. In a few months, a new bulb may be needed, maybe try something else.

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
he ate his first greens today besides the lettece he first ate i hand fed him about a half a big leaf of collard greens and he ate it right up seeing as he has no crickets today lol i ran out but i will have more later and repti carpet !!! :) he loved the greens tho i prepared him a salad but didnt eat it yesterday i will give him another later with crickets to

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
he still dosent drink from his water bowl from what ive seen but he loves being misted when hes thirsty he get nice and wet close his eyes and open his mouth as drops go in lol after a min or so he stops liking it and runs from the water lol but he does prefer the mist over his bowl or a bath lol last night he like the warm bath but still was like okay this is out their now lol i dont like this much water lol

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Warm 2 the touch. No steam when the water is running.

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well yea but like last night it was warm not steamy at all and he jumped to the edge of the bowl to get out but he chilled for a min lol probally means to warm

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you think it's too warm, it probably is.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
IMG_0034.JPG chillin

Latest posts