• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new bearded dragon

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well I got a new bearded dragon, and I'm not entirely sure if this is the right place for this, please correct me no behavior category, the little guy was calm and normal the first two days Ive had him but i tried to let him run around on the carpet in my living room, but long story short he just would take off is it because he needs to get used to the habitat more or if he was jumpy from eating, but im feeding him baby crickets i fed him about 15-20 yesterday and maybe 10 today he seems healthy I also feeding him pellet like food, its for baby bearded dragons, I put some in their he hasant eaten to much of it but he has eat some. please any questions are fine I haven't had a bearded since I was so little and I dont really even remeber what I did really I think my mom did it personlly, lol ty

http://www.fixpicture.org/medias/1306197540_tmp_brandons_pic_004.jpg

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
good looking dragon he is just scared he will calm down

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
ty for the info I have one other thing I just started a feeding schedule 10 crickets with calcium 3-4 times a week the rest the week the pellets with lettuce they need to be moistened anyway I chage his water daily

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i feed crickets everyday and collard greens with calcium 5 days and vitamins 2days for all my young dragons dont feed lettuce it gives them runs

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
oh well thank you he seems tense around me he has stress marks on his belly all the way up to his chin I was able to hold him 2 the first two days then he got jumpy so Im going to let him be and settle in but what I was wondering is I have him in a smaller cage for now it was at petsmart were i got him they were taking care of him fine, but the tank is plastic lik 1.5ft length almost a ft tall and like 8 inch wide

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he needs a uvb light and a basking spot and room to cool down there is lots of info on hear just keep reading and asking questions

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well Im a little limited on money for right now Im going to try for a 30 gal tank in two weeks and I have a 50w basking light the branch you saw is all over the cage he has a tunnel and I have a 50w night light all with 6-8 inches of rays from boots it gets cooler at night around 72-75 and during the day 75-83

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
if funds are tight use a big plastic tote you can get at walmart for cheap

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I might just do that get a 55 or a 30 gal get some good playsand and cut out a square in the totes lid and find a way to have a half plastic half mesh lid

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
use paper towels and you dont need a lid i will take a pic of my totes for our babies

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Im going to try ad put in a 18" uvb bulb with a week or two and the tote this week he seems fine digesting with my basking lamp hes been pooping lol so he should be fine till i get a uvb light right?

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes, sorry i cant type much my dog spilt my drink in my laptop and the keyboard is fried so im using the screen keyboard what a pain Fliehigh can you help him with his setup my fingers are hurting :mad:

bish109

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
he might get stressed again but when i hold him now he just chills and his stress marks go away but he seems happier already and i only changed his cage lol he didnt seem to mind ill find out tonight when he feeds he loves eating crickets tho he gets so energetic he bolts around like a rocket all stood up on all fours and tail up its so cute

Latest posts