• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Just Lays there All Day

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
Please make sure your getting basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer -- place it on the spot where he basks for 10 min or so get temp --- for a juvie / adult dragon you want it between 95-110 NO hotter --- basking bulbs are trial and error --- did you get the UVB situated as I had posted earlier? How old is your son? If he is very young he will not be able to properly take care of the dragon -- they are too complex to take care of even some of us adults have a hard time w/ the care --- it is good you have taken over --- I always tell people when they have said they have bought a dragon for their child that its going to be their dragon so to speak and the care of it --- dragons are very good at hiding their illness until its too late for they are showing signs of illness --- temps at nite should not fall below 65 -- dragons like it cool and dark -- if you need heat at nite please get a CHE ceramic heat emitter -- we can help w/ that
Good morning Sadie. I have a question regarding heat pads that go under the terrarium. Is it you that suggested no heat pad or was it someone else? I thought about getting one for my sons beardie (his beardies name is Spike). I cant see a vet until Saturday but one good thing to note; Spike had a nice bowel movement!! YAY!! I fed him collards this morning but he hasn't eaten any yet. My name is Derek by the way.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good morning Sadie. I have a question regarding heat pads that go under the terrarium. Is it you that suggested no heat pad or was it someone else? I thought about getting one for my sons beardie (his beardies name is Spike). I cant see a vet until Saturday but one good thing to note; Spike had a nice bowel movement!! YAY!! I fed him collards this morning but he hasn't eaten any yet. My name is Derek by the way.
Hi Derek it could of been me suggesting no heat pads - dragons heat from the back not stomachs - if your tank is falling below 65 at nite then get a che ceramic heat emitter--- you will need a dome w/ ceramic socket

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
Hi Derek it could of been me suggesting no heat pads - dragons heat from the back not stomachs - if your tank is falling below 65 at nite then get a che ceramic heat emitter--- you will need a dome w/ ceramic socket
Sounds good!! I will have to check tonight and see where the temp is. Thank you!!

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
We do not recommend heat pads for two reasons, they can physically burn your dragon and they are a hazard

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is it necessary to gut load Dubia roaches? Right now, they are feeding on oats and collards
Yes - please also feed that will hydrated them like carrots or squash or water crystals - that will also keep your dragon hydrated as well -

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
Yes - please also feed that will hydrated them like carrots or squash or water crystals - that will also keep your dragon hydrated as well -
Sounds good!! Water crystals such as cricket quencher or something else in mind?

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
Good! I'll put that in there as well! The picture attached is how my sons terrarium looks now. Any suggestions are welcome!

Attachments

• 00DA0EB4-EC4B-4978-83D3-6565B402C9A7.jpeg
    00DA0EB4-EC4B-4978-83D3-6565B402C9A7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good! I'll put that in there as well! The picture attached is how my sons terrarium looks now. Any suggestions are welcome!
Your dragon needs more basking decor-- is your uvb the T 5 or T 8? He needs a hide- PetSmart has great decor for dragons

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
Your dragon needs more basking decor-- is your uvb the T 5 or T 8? He needs a hide- PetSmart has great decor for dragons
His light is a T8, which I placed inside of his environment this morning after cleaning it out. I did place a stuffed sock inside of there (just can't see it in the pic). I will get something for him to hide in. Can I use a piece of cardboard as a temporary hiding spot or no? I'm thinking he may try and chew on that.

Joesmom

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes in addition to somewhere to “hide” you should also get him something to climb on and a hammock - they love both. I’ll see if I can find a picture of ours to attach. They’re actually curious creatures and so need something for stimulating their minds and getting some exercise when they’re stuck in their enclosure.

Attachments

• DF2C17AB-FA2B-417C-A1E5-78EA51E460B1.jpeg
    DF2C17AB-FA2B-417C-A1E5-78EA51E460B1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
Yes in addition to somewhere to “hide” you should also get him something to climb on and a hammock - they love both. I’ll see if I can find a picture of ours to attach. They’re actually curious creatures and so need something for stimulating their minds and getting some exercise when they’re stuck in their enclosure.
My son actually had a hammock, but that for when his beardie was little. I'll have to get another one for him to climb upon.

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
Do he have a hide I would add two of them one on the hot side and the other one on the cool side. Also the like to climb so I would also add a hammock and a climbing branch

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
As far as a place to hide, should that be placed on the basking side or on the cool side?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
His light is a T8, which I placed inside of his environment this morning after cleaning it out. I did place a stuffed sock inside of there (just can't see it in the pic). I will get something for him to hide in. Can I use a piece of cardboard as a temporary hiding spot or no? I'm thinking he may try and chew on that.
Try and get him a regular hide but a shoe box would work -- please get a piece of decor directly under the UVB 6-8 inches --

Latest posts