• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bearded Dragon Just Lays there All Day

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
So I have my sons beardie about 10 Dubia Roaches with Repti-Calcium on them. Is this the correct calcium supplement to use or is there something better? A while ago, I set him underneath his UVB on the stuffed sock that I have in there. I watched him to see what he would do. Good thing I did. He fell over on his back!! I immediately turned him over gentIy. I know he is weak by seeing that happen!! Good thing I'm taking him to see a vet!!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I have my sons beardie about 10 Dubia Roaches with Repti-Calcium on them. Is this the correct calcium supplement to use or is there something better? A while ago, I set him underneath his UVB on the stuffed sock that I have in there. I watched him to see what he would do. Good thing I did. He fell over on his back!! I immediately turned him over gentIy. I know he is weak by seeing that happen!! Good thing I'm taking him to see a vet!!!
Does the calcium have D3? The dragon falling onto his back is NOT good --- it sounds like MBD w/ the non use of the back legs and neurological issues w/ the falling over on the back -- please keep basking decor low and NO hammocks for now - hes not going to be able to get up on the hammock if he cant use his back legs -- he needs a piece of decor under that UVB approx 6-8 inches that is flat and has wide width so he can fall off --- this is very disturbing --- please keep a close eye on him dragons cannot breath on their backs-- How long was the dragon w/ out proper UVB?

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
Does the calcium have D3? The dragon falling onto his back is NOT good --- it sounds like MBD w/ the non use of the back legs and neurological issues w/ the falling over on the back -- please keep basking decor low and NO hammocks for now - hes not going to be able to get up on the hammock if he cant use his back legs -- he needs a piece of decor under that UVB approx 6-8 inches that is flat and has wide width so he can fall off --- this is very disturbing --- please keep a close eye on him dragons cannot breath on their backs-- How long was the dragon w/ out proper UVB?
This particular calcium supplement does not. My oldest son who owns a crested gheco has a calcium supplement with D3. I will have to give him that instead! I'm not sure how long it's been without proper UVB. I will certainly keep an eye on him!!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This particular calcium supplement does not. My oldest son who owns a crested gheco has a calcium supplement with D3. I will have to give him that instead! I'm not sure how long it's been without proper UVB. I will certainly keep an eye on him!!!
What was in the tank before you got the T 8? And how long or old was the bulb? please dust the dubias w / calcium D3 --- what kind is the one for the Ghecko?

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
What was in the tank before you got the T 8? And how long or old was the bulb? please dust the dubias w / calcium D3 --- what kind is the one for the Ghecko?
I'm not sure about the light before the one we have now. It might have been a T8 as well. Not sure how long it had been in there. The calcium supplement that my other son has is Rep-Cal, pictured below

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm not sure about the light before the one we have now. It might have been a T8 as well. Not sure how long it had been in there. The calcium supplement that my other son has is Rep-Cal, pictured below
Yes that is good--- change the T 8 out in 5 months

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
Well, unfortunately I wasn't able to get an appointment for him until Saturday morning. I'm very eager to get him in and be seen by a vet!
While I've got it on my mind, I've heard and red where the UVB and the basking light need to be on the same side to help with the VitD. Is this true?

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
While I've got it on my mind, I've heard and red where the UVB and the basking light need to be on the same side to help with the VitD. Is this true?
Typically you would want the UVB tube to be in front of the basking light. I will attach some pictures of my setup.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That helps a lot!!!! That's what I thought!!! I'll have to change the location of where the light is now. Thank you!!!
As long as the dragon has access to the UVB and its in proper distance hes going to go to the light he needs - it is optimal to have them together but not always possible --- if you can get them together that is great if not make sure he has access to getting directly under it at the correct distance --

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
As long as the dragon has access to the UVB and its in proper distance hes going to go to the light he needs - it is optimal to have them together but not always possible --- if you can get them together that is great if not make sure he has access to getting directly under it at the correct distance --
Oh, I'll be able to place the UVB together with the basking light. That won't be an issue. I appreciate it!!!

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
That helps a lot!!!! That's what I thought!!! I'll have to change the location of where the light is now. Thank you!!!
Keep in mind I have a T5 UVB fixture and the Arcadia 12% T5 bulb. The T5 is stronger than the T8 which I believe you said you have. The T8 have to be mounted inside the enclosure

LittleGodzilla

Hatchling Dragon
I had this same problem with my last bearded dragon and unfortunately, he died I got a new bearded with a Basking light and a UVB light, and is much more productive but yours is older than mine so he might need a bigger bulb but the people before me are more helpful so I don't really know

Vanillablooos

Juvenile Dragon
I had this same problem with my last bearded dragon and unfortunately, he died I got a new bearded with a Basking light and a UVB light, and is much more productive but yours is older than mine so he might need a bigger bulb but the people before me are more helpful so I don't really know
A bigger bulb as in UVB you mean?

Latest posts