• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Back to the doctor...

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hang in there, Craig. You had some major surgery. It takes the body time to heal. Take it day by day. I'm hoping the lower back pain will subside as you are compensating for your shoulder.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm actually feeling a little better everyday, now....so I'm getting some hope back.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You have to keep thinking positive. Cuddle with the animals some too. There is proof that animals aid in healing. Of course there are animal haters out there that do not believe this but its true.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Sandra.

With going back to work on Monday, I'm starting to get my mind on things other than recovering (especially since we get the announcement of who's buying our company today and where we go from here.....making me rather nervous about my job). Getting back to a normal routine will certainly help.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh no, I understand all to well about company buy outs and they are very stressful. Hope all is ok on the job front.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ew, a merger/acquisition/buy out. Good luck with that!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Got an eMail from my boss at 3:50pm (hours are 7:30 to 4:00)....and he said there were no announcements today. So I guess I gotta wait 'til next week to hear any news. I'll keep you all posted.

donnab

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Craiger, don't want you to think I forgot about you...I spoke with my boss, the Neurologist, and he has not heard of your place or your doctor. That really doesn't mean anything, except that he is familiar with the doctors in this area. If you ever want to go for another opinion, please let me know, and I can find some names for you. Also, can always run some questions by my boss. He's a good guy and very well informed. Take care of yourself.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
donnab said:
Craiger, don't want you to think I forgot about you...I spoke with my boss, the Neurologist, and he has not heard of your place or your doctor. That really doesn't mean anything, except that he is familiar with the doctors in this area. If you ever want to go for another opinion, please let me know, and I can find some names for you. Also, can always run some questions by my boss. He's a good guy and very well informed. Take care of yourself.

It's okay....no problem. I really appreciate you checking for me!

Honestly, I know I'm going to be getting another opinion at some time in the future. So I may be talking to you about that. My surgery pain is gone, but I'm not free of pain. I'm hurting pretty bad, still, and not all that encouraged. Don't get me wrong, the surgery was necessary as my right leg had been numb for quite some time from a piece of disc that had been wedged into my spinal cord. It's no longer numb...so I'm trying to use that as the silver lining in all of this. I think the spinal stenosis and osteoarthritis are hurting me more than I realized. Sometimes just taking a step is pretty painful....and I'm so tired of it. One wrong move and I'm finding my way to the nearest couch or chair so I can take the pressure off my spine.

I don't know what the next step will involve, but I do know it'll involve more doctors. It's quite evident to me, now, that I'm not getting the resolve I need.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Craig, I am so sorry that you are still not feeling great. Hope that you can get another opinion and maybe they can get you the help that you need.
Hugs
Jennifer

donnab

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Let me know if there is something I can do. Don't hesitate to use my e-mail. I check that daily. I so wish you were feeling better. Take care and keep in touch.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sends gentle big hugs to the giant lummox of a darling...
Hope you hurt less and less soon !

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Eh....it's not like I'm not used to it. LOL!

I'm getting ahold of my old college and asking them if it's okay to use their pool for therapy. Just 5 minutes away from home....and it's Olympic size. Should do well for me....and hope to build some strength with it.

Thanks, though, Sandy. :)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The pool is the best thing Craig. I swam for 3 years. Was in my best shape and my back was great. Got out of it though, big mistake.

I hope that helps you.

Feel Better Soon!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Lisa.

Found out that I could join the Alumni Association and get free access to the pool....so I joined. Should get my card today. If so, I'm going to head down and check it out.

Lots of other benefits in joining, too. Glad I did.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pooooool Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarty !

Seriously though, water therapy is one of the best I personally have dealt with, as both an assistant to a physical therepist, and as a patient.
Good deal for you, Craig !

Latest posts