• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Back to the doctor...

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have my next appointment with the neurosurgeon this Wednesday. I can't take this much longer, so I'm about 99% sure I'll be back in surgery in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you guys updated with what I find out.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good luck Craig, hoping this will be the one that works.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Craig, I hope that they are able to help you, and give you some relief from the pain. GOod luck and keep us updated.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey...make sure you let me know. Is this for the disks?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aw, geeze, Craig. Hope all goes well and you can get fixed up ASAP!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hope you can get relief soon...keep us updated.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks guys. Yeah, it's more disc related issues. My right leg has been numb below my knee for quite some time, now. The pain's getting worse to where it's constant with some pretty intense nerve pain thrown in for good measure. The nerve pain can come and go and catches me by surprise. It feels like somebody's stabbing me in the back....and my reaction is pretty close to something like that. I just can't take it much more...and the pain pills are only helping so much.

This will be my 6th surgery since February 2007. Needless to say, I'm rather tired of doctors and hospitals by now.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry to hear about all your pain. Saying it sucks is an understatement. I hope this is the 6th and final surgery you'll have to endure.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks Renee.

I guess surgery was pretty much guaranteed. Seems there's a rather large object protruding into the center of my spinal canal. Doc says the only thing that can fix it is surgery. So I'm currently scheduled for July 27th. I'm going to tell them today, that if somebody happens to cancel between now and then, I'd be more than happy to bump mine up.

Just hoping this is the last time. And if not, at least for a long time.

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey Craiger

I know what you are going through.

2 Back surgery's (Anterior Fusion, Anterior-Posterior Fusion), 3 Brain Surgeries (Shunt at 16, Surface Bleed removal, Ventriculostomy) and 1 one shoulder surgery (scope that really didn't do anything) with a shoulder replacement to come at the end fo the year.

Oh ya and I forgot to mention that I am 34! :)

Keep your head up and your attitude postitive (I know it is hard sometimes) and you will heal faster, better, stronger ;D. Yes I remeber the million dollar man even though I am young.

Fliehigh

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm just 6 years older, dude. ;)

I had a major shoulder surgery last year, too. Torn rotater cuff, several cartilege tears (one was 2 inches long), and a tendon that needed reattached. Surgery was like 3-1/2 hours. Now THAT was a painful recovery.

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yup it is painful.

My first surgery on my solder was supposed to help until doctor actually got there in realized what was going.

He did try and cleanup the socket and the ball head but there is no cartilage left in either location. he also had to reattach both tendends that run down the back of your shoulder as both where completely torn.

The whole issue is that my shoulder never grew properly when I was a baby and now the socket is only half formed and facing the Wong way (Backwards), and the rotater cuff is facing the opposite way (forwards). Every time I move my right arm (I am right handed by the way) to the left side of my body I pop it out of joint backwards. So the ball pops out toward my should blade and it keeps chipping the bone away causing more arthritis.

But I am my own worst enemy as well, I don't stop doing things. Even though I was in a sling after the shoulder surgery, I only took 2.5 days off work. Since I am a PC consultant I am able to type even with one hand and I can work from home.

They told me though that I will be off for at least 3 weeks when they do the complete shoulder replacement this fall/winter. I should actually get the dates next week when I go see the surgeon.

Fliehigh

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like you and I are a lot alike. I'm my own worst enemy as well. Hard to keep me down....and I'm always getting in trouble for overdoing it.

Hate to hear that about your shoulder. That stinks!

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Craiger!!! :mad: Sure hope this is the one that does it for you!!! Missed all of you guys while I was away but thought of you quite often because I had not talked to you in some time!!

Let us know if they do get a chance to bump you up!! Only a few more weeks until your scheduled surgery and then hopefully, relief!!

Latest posts