• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice for caring for horribly neglected babies.

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Unfortunately the dragon will not live long w/ out the proper temps and UVB -- at this point the dragon is suffering and will continue to get worse - it may end up having seizures from lack of UVB/ calcium as that is what happens w/ dragons who have insufficient calcium and w/ no UVB to help absorb / synthesize the calcium its pretty much not going to live - w/ this type of situation it saddens me deeply
Yes it really does. they have had the dragon for 1 or 2 years i cant remember but it is very sad... His tank is small and dirty. I dont know if he has UVB but i think its a coil one. Definitely no tube. :(

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes it really does. they have had the dragon for 1 or 2 years i cant remember but it is very sad... His tank is small and dirty. I dont know if he has UVB but i think its a coil one. Definitely no tube. :(
He is suffering --

Zukarin

Hatchling Dragon
Update: My mom asked her coworker how long she had them... 8 months. I’m in shock, these beardies are at least 10 months old. (To rub salt in the wounds, this woman felt no remorse when my mom told her how awful they were. Also, the names were my ideas since she didn’t even have names for them.)
I hope they can at least double in length and become at least half a healthy weight (They’re both 15/16 grams, and 7 1/2 inches) Only time will tell.

On the bright side: Goblin's eyes are open! It looks like the eye had some sort of stuck she'd on it, and he can open it! He has this depressed look to his eyes, but that better than before!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update: My mom asked her coworker how long she had them... 8 months. I’m in shock, these beardies are at least 10 months old. (To rub salt in the wounds, this woman felt no remorse when my mom told her how awful they were. Also, the names were my ideas since she didn’t even have names for them.)
I hope they can at least double in length and become at least half a healthy weight (They’re both 15/16 grams, and 7 1/2 inches) Only time will tell.

On the bright side: Goblin's eyes are open! It looks like the eye had some sort of stuck she'd on it, and he can open it! He has this depressed look to his eyes, but that better than before!
Did you rinse them w/ the saline? I am glad his doing better at least he can see now-- :)-- 10 months old? That is pathetic! And the names are cute I like goblin the best! Keep us posted please---

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Did you rinse them w/ the saline? I am glad his doing better at least he can see now-- :)-- 10 months old? That is pathetic! And the names are cute I like goblin the best! Keep us posted please---
10 months??? there is no way

Zukarin

Hatchling Dragon
Not yet. My mom will be bringing some from her work when she gets home midnight where we live. I may stay up to clean the eye as soon as my mom brings it home, but, if not, I’ll give it in the morning. I don’t want to mess with the eye until I can clean it right after.
10 months??? there is no way
I hope that that woman was wrong, but she said she had them 8 months.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not yet. My mom will be bringing some from her work when she gets home midnight where we live. I may stay up to clean the eye as soon as my mom brings it home, but, if not, I’ll give it in the morning. I don’t want to mess with the eye until I can clean it right after.

I hope that that woman was wrong, but she said she had them 8 months.
I thought they were babies but if she got them at 2 months they are really stunted- it does not matter she neglected them and had no business w/ them-- there have been a couple of rescues on another forum one was 3 she got it from the rspca and the dragon didn't make it--- the other rescue seems to be pulling thru- it depends on how far gone they are- I am hoping you can pull both of them thru

Zukarin

Hatchling Dragon
I thought they were babies but if she got them at 2 months they are really stunted- it does not matter she neglected them and had no business w/ them-- there have been a couple of rescues on another forum one was 3 she got it from the rspca and the dragon didn't make it--- the other rescue seems to be pulling thru- it depends on how far gone they are- I am hoping you can pull both of them thru
Considering how far they’ve gone without care and how much they’ve improved in the day I’ve had them, I have high hopes for them... especially Mako. Especially with the things I’ll be doing with the advice I’ve been given, I hope they’ll have a fighting chance.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I have... the little girl who owns it is 8 and is my sisters friend and i tell her tips on how to take care of it and im trying to get a babysitting job with them so when im at their house and i can help out. Its extremly hard though bc i rarely go over there bc she is a little kid and our parents relationships with each other arent great
This is when you go over to their house and the beardie just magically "escaped" somehow...

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm really hoping for Goblin, I know he's in horrible shape but he deserves so much love after what he's been through. and I love the misfits dragons, they truly are my favourite

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Also I just wanted to let you know, be extremely careful with how much you feed them. You don't know how much they've eaten or when the last time they were fed either, because of this their organs are very sensitive and can easily shut down if they get a lot of nutrients really fat. This is the only example I know so I hope i don't offend anyone and I apologize in advance if I do, but basically when the jews were rescued from the concentration camps after the holocaust many died because they ate nutritious foods and their bodies couldn't handle it. Same thing with the beardies. I suggest starting slowly with the baby food, give them a mouthful 3 times a day for the first 2 days than increase it to maybe 2 mouthfuls and so on until you get to around 1 ml. After that then I suggest going to the critical care starting at 1ml and slowly increasing it until they are full. maybe 2 weeks on critical care, maybe longer for goblin, after that you can introduce solid food such as crickets and veggies. This is extremely important for goblin especially because we don't know what his organs are looking like with his mbd.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Also I just wanted to let you know, be extremely careful with how much you feed them. You don't know how much they've eaten or when the last time they were fed either, because of this their organs are very sensitive and can easily shut down if they get a lot of nutrients really fat. This is the only example I know so I hope i don't offend anyone and I apologize in advance if I do, but basically when the jews were rescued from the concentration camps after the holocaust many died because they ate nutritious foods and their bodies couldn't handle it. Same thing with the beardies. I suggest starting slowly with the baby food, give them a mouthful 3 times a day for the first 2 days than increase it to maybe 2 mouthfuls and so on until you get to around 1 ml. After that then I suggest going to the critical care starting at 1ml and slowly increasing it until they are full. maybe 2 weeks on critical care, maybe longer for goblin, after that you can introduce solid food such as crickets and veggies. This is extremely important for goblin especially because we don't know what his organs are looking like with his mbd.
Very good advice

Zukarin

Hatchling Dragon
I hate to say it, but we’ve fed them a good bit in the past couple of days. They pooped for the first time since we got them (which is great!), but I think we’ll wait until they poop again to feed them again.
Also, Goblins eye gunk is out! Hes not opening his eyes often though...
38B46B3A-76E5-412E-9AF2-BF11BC256865.jpeg

I’m unsure, but I think Mako is shaking less.
84F09437-D059-4C80-80E6-075A6EB8587C.jpeg

Latest posts