• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advice for caring for horribly neglected babies.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree oxbow herb/carnivore care is great stuff but it is very thick you need to really water it down so it does not plug the syringe and you might need to snip the end of the syringe off

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you! I'll make sure to order some critical care, go out today and get some butternut squash baby food too, and give them baths. (Water will also be a good place to begin physical therapy for them)
On ya water should help them a lot bath and mist them. Are they basking normally

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
My mom's coworker got a couple baby Beardies and never gave them any light (heat or uv). We took them, and they look really bad. A vet gave us calcium supplement since we want to try to raise them(0.01 ml everyday twice a day). On top of that, we bought some food (tiny crickets, freeze dried roaches, and duck/sweet potatoe cat food)
Goblin:
View attachment 25891View attachment 25892
I'm worried about his eye since it's always cracked. I think it has something on it which I don't know if I should remove or not. Also, he's in a constant sleeping state. He barely moves. He's very flaccid. I don't know if he'll eat anything without being force fed.
Mako:
View attachment 25893
He is shaking but also gaping and moving around. I haven't tried feeding him, but I have high hopes for him.

My question:
Is there anything I can do for them beyond just feeding them what I have?
What should I do Goblins eye?

Any advice welcomed.
Omg, the poor babies :( they are adorable, though. I would recommend just flushing out goblin’s eye.

Zukarin

Hatchling Dragon
Wow they are really improving can you send me pics please I love these guys lol
They keep sliding down a bit from the basking area
IMG_20210218_115349973_HDR.jpg

I moved them up:
IMG_20210218_115443229_HDR.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are your basking temps 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- hammocks are hard to get actual basking temps -- I would get goblin in his own tank - he's going to do better by himself

Zukarin

Hatchling Dragon
Are your basking temps 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- hammocks are hard to get actual basking temps -- I would get goblin in his own tank - he's going to do better by himself
The temperature is 108, and Mako can climb up higher if that isn't enough. I'm a little nervous to put Goblin too close to the basking light since I don't know if he can gape, but he is still in an area of probably about 105.
Once they start showing improvement, we will seperate them, especially when they can move around with less issue.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The temperature is 108, and Mako can climb up higher if that isn't enough. I'm a little nervous to put Goblin too close to the basking light since I don't know if he can gape, but he is still in an area of probably about 105.
Once they start showing improvement, we will seperate them, especially when they can move around with less issue.
Ok sounds good - they are going to need those temps for sure since the health isn't good- definitely keep them hydrated and are managing to get any food on goblin?

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok sounds good - they are going to need those temps for sure since the health isn't good- definitely keep them hydrated and are managing to get any food on goblin?
Great advice. Like when you walk into a pet o you se bearded dragon with no uva and only uvb the things are at about 80 degrees in the entire enclosure

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Sadly my new neighbors have a beardie... and the tank is super cold about 68 degrees F. Its super dirty and his poop is liquid :( Its so sad

BeardieLover<3

Juvenile Dragon
Have you tried to help the, out please
I have... the little girl who owns it is 8 and is my sisters friend and i tell her tips on how to take care of it and im trying to get a babysitting job with them so when im at their house and i can help out. Its extremly hard though bc i rarely go over there bc she is a little kid and our parents relationships with each other arent great

Zukarin

Hatchling Dragon
With both of them, if I open their mouths and put something soft on the tip, they lick it up. Mako wasn’t hungry for crickets today, but he licks anything soft up quickly. Goblin has only had baby food, water, and calcium, so I’m gonna mix some cat food with water for protein. I’ll cut up freeze-dried roaches to tiny pieces and put those in, too.
Both of them are, on and off, avoiding the basking area, but I think they’re tired (they have had 10 hours of sleep). There’s uv in their entire enclosure, too, so they’re getting the uv no matter where they go.

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I have... the little girl who owns it is 8 and is my sisters friend and i tell her tips on how to take care of it and im trying to get a babysitting job with them so when im at their house and i can help out. Its extremly hard though bc i rarely go over there bc she is a little kid and our parents relationships with each other arent great
Hu looks like your doing everything you can that would a great to get babysitting job over there though

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
PLease No catfood- get some of the canivore or herbivore or chicken baby food

Zukarin

Hatchling Dragon
Lease No catfood- get some of the canivore or herbivore or chicken baby food
Ok, my mom and I bought it per the vets suggestion, but I really didn’t like that vet (I’m never going back to that vet again because of how careless they were- they seemed more interested in what was easiest for them than what was best for the animals)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, my mom and I bought it per the vets suggestion, but I really didn’t like that vet (I’m never going back to that vet again because of how careless they were- they seemed more interested in what was easiest for them than what was best for the animals)
Baby food is best over the catfood- the oxbow cc is really good over the baby food :). www.arav.org to find a reptile vet

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Have you tried to help the, out please
Unfortunately the dragon will not live long w/ out the proper temps and UVB -- at this point the dragon is suffering and will continue to get worse - it may end up having seizures from lack of UVB/ calcium as that is what happens w/ dragons who have insufficient calcium and w/ no UVB to help absorb / synthesize the calcium its pretty much not going to live - w/ this type of situation it saddens me deeply

Latest posts