• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What did your dragon do today?

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
Lizard (our name for ours until we find out the sex) took a bath to aid in her shedding-it's almost done, just the tail is left to go. It tried some celery leaves, and pooped twice today! And it must have eaten more crickets than I originally thought b/c it is looking mighty fat. I measured it today as well and it's a smidge over 6 in. Is that normal for a 10 wk old beardie (born May 5th)?

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
Usually if Slice get's out of his window I figure he's ready to go back to his enclosure and put him back. Today he crawled out of his window and suddenly realized what he had done and started trying to get back in it. He was trying his hardest his little legs were just going like crazy trying to get up there before I put him back in his tank. It just reminded me of my friends two year old when she know's she's done something wrong and her momma is coming after her lol.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Today Fire and Mayoko got to have their first small supers :) I fed them by hand so that Mayoko would start taming a bit, and Elianna is out of town so I'm sneaking the opportunity. At first she open mouthed hissed at me until she realized I had treats. After two she was sold. Shhhh! Don't tell Ellie! She's been so sad that she can't seem to tame Mayoko.

Reactions: NLC

Demonatrix

Hatchling Dragon
This morning I saw a beetle in the viv, must have escaped last week when I first got him (I only put them in one day last week, now he gets hand fed his insects) and I am not a fan of big beetles so I got the feeding tongs and was trying to get at him. Mr Beard slowly climbs down from his basking spot and looks at me annoyed... Then looks at the beetle and eats it... Then looks back at me as if saying "you can stop freaking out now, it's gone" and turns around and goes back up to his basking spot. Lol he cracks me up.

He has also started this thing where when I am hand feeding him and he gets full he closes his eyes if I try to give him another one, once I take it away he opens his eyes back up. Such a silly guy!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The eye thing is the exact same thing Sandy does when being hand fed, her signal that she has had enough. :D What kind of beetles are you feeding? Don't often hear of beetles being fed, actually a first for me.

Demonatrix

Hatchling Dragon
Oops I forgot to say where the beetle came from! I meant to say a superworm escaped last week... And it turned into a gross beetle lol well gross to me but Mr. Beard seemed to enjoy it.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I found a small beetle that came with the crickets in Allie's tank one evening. Took it out before she could sample them.
This morning, Miss Allie ate a mixed salad of turnip greens and mustard greens. Then 8 crickets, had a bath two hours later because she hadn't gone to the bathroom like she usually did. Swam and pooped in her bath, cuddled up with me after her bath. :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie's in a growth spurt. She's eating more greens then usual! :) The other day, I've been thinking about German Giants. Almost everyone that's seen her tells me she's a monster (Bigger than a regular beardie.) She's 16 1/2 inches nose to tail. Oh yes, I almost forgot, she barely fits in her carrying case.

Pat B

Super Moderator
wow! she is a big girl. I don't think my little spike will every be a 'big' boy....lol. He seems to be in a growth spurt and jumped onto some vinery, which he has never done, and promptly fell off....too funny!! :D

Chantel

Bearded Dragon Egg
My Izzy came out of her tank today for a little while and even was calm while I showed her off to friends:) She even let my four year old son handle her. She has eaten like she is starving since we got her from PetSmart...I love watching her chace the crickets around...lol
i got my beardie sobe from petsmart also and it eats like crazy also!! Ill put crickets in and she goes crazy for them. Its so fun watching it go after them!! I love the arm waving thing she does.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here's what I did this morning: I woke up at 8 a.m this morning and figured I had time to wake up and eat breakfast because she sleeps late sometimes or waits for me to wake her up. So I went upstairs where she's at and I look into her tank. I saw one small 'amber-brown-black eye looking at me. She was lying in her bed-cave, looking at me and waiting for me. Next, I put on my robe and cuddle her up with me. Then I put her harness on and take her outside. What's neat is this: I put her down on the strip outside and she'll stand there to warm up. Then she goes to the bathroom. (She does her business outside and hasn't messed up her tank. :)

Later today, she wanted to come out so she climbed on one of her plants and waited for me to pick her up. Well, being the baby she is, she didn't want to leave her plant. So I was carrying around a plant and her together today. LOL! :) She had one claw clinging to the plant and the other claw to me. :) Haha! She wasn't stuck to her plant. :p

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Very cute Noella! Well my beardie still seems stressed out today because his beard is black but its funny, when he sleeps with me for a little bit at night it goes away. He is still trying to get used to his new tank. He ate a lot though today and I was so proud of him because he did a huge poop! LOL...I always look at him in the afternoon if he hasn't gone yet and say to him: "Baby, have you done your poopies yet?" Sounds dorky I know but I always get excited when he does because that shows hes still healthy even if he's a bit stressed! Also had to get a higher wattage basking light because I could not get the temperature past 95 but now it's all set and right now Baby is asleep on my neck and I am going to put him back to bed in a few minutes!!!:)

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
wow! she is a big girl. I don't think my little spike will every be a 'big' boy....lol. He seems to be in a growth spurt and jumped onto some vinery, which he has never done, and promptly fell off....too funny!! :D

Awww! Good job for Spike for jumping onto his vinery! Yay! Sorry he fell off, but at least he tried!

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
I'll start with yesterday... Yesterday Rocky/Roxy shed most of his/her skin and I saw it do the eye bulge for the first time, but it only lasted a couple of seconds. Then, today my beardie chased around his crickets like he hadn't had them in forever. I guess after the stress of shedding, he was eager to eat again. Though, his appetite doesn't wan very much while he's shedding, surprisingly. Anyway, he also showed his beard for the first time today, too. He's growing up so fast! :D

Demonatrix

Hatchling Dragon
Beard has started this new thing where he wants to be a dog. Wherever my dog is he wants to be right there with him. Lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343518421.922347.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343518443.558409.jpg

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Beard has started this new thing where he wants to be a dog. Wherever my dog is he wants to be right there with him. Lol View attachment 2559
View attachment 2560
OH MY GOSH....that is ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love these adorable types of pictures with animals where they are two totally different types of animals but they are friends! LOVE the pictures!!!!!! So happy they get a long!!!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! That's so cute! :) Well the other day, Allie decided to climb down off the chair from the side when I wasn't looking. I heard this scratching noise and looking down, I see Allie walking in front of a dog named Pongo. She was watching her while she walked toward the couch. Pongo was like, "Hey! Whatcha you doin? Shouldn't you be with your Mommy?" Allie's got a lot of guts! :)

Today, she went outside and did her business when an ant decided to climb up on her and go 'straight into her 'ear'? What the heck? I guess accidents happen. It was one of those piss-ants.

Latest posts