• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Welcome to BeardedDragonForum.com!

barb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi, I'm from Kelowna BC Canada, I am writing on behalf of my sister, whose has had a bearded dragon for a yr now, was givin to her, he's about 5 yrs old, loves to run amuck in the house, my nephew gave my sister his dragon, he's alot younger, an smaller, I think 2 yrs old, he's a fiesty little thing, dosen't eat greens, cause nephew just fed him baby mice or rats, an odd cricket, we are tryin to convert him to vegggies an crickets only, he does happy dances, my sis thinks he's angry cause his throat is always black, an is worried about puttin them together, she really dosen't want 2 tanks, tank 1 is big enough, about 2 1/2 x 4 ft, sand,pool,rocks n all proper lightnin, can they go together. ta babs

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Its not good to house dragons together one will dominate the other and cause unneeded stress which can lead to not eating or basking properly

barb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Okay, my nephew made a see threw divider, so one large tank two areas, is this okay, they will be able to see each other

barb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Im babs sister. Is there a way you can tell if they are male or female? When first the two meet my 5yr old was ok didn't get upset or anything now that has changed. She didn't eat for 5 days, eating now. I put light colored blue
construction paper on the big glass cage so that when my older beardy is running around they wont see each other and fight thru the glass. My son thinks this is mean. I take them out at different times and a different room. I wash my hands after so they wont smell each other on me. Is this mean? The younger one eats fine but is always got a black beard and is jumping and doing alittle dance is this normal or is he upset?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
2 members have already advised against housing dragons 2gether & with a see through divider. Some breeders & collectors do have success with housing dragons 2gether but more often than not, dominance is an issue often resulting in injury.

barb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
okay, they are not in the same tank. i have had to cover the large tank that sits on the floor with blue construction paper, so the other bearded dragon will not see the little bearded dragon,Is there a way you can tell if they are male or female? When first the two meet my 5yr old was ok didn't get upset or anything now that has changed. She didn't eat for 5 days,but is eating now, that the larger cage is papered off, so that when my older beardy is running around they won't see each other and fight thru the glass. My son thinks this is mean. I take them out at different times and in a different room. I wash my hands after so they wont smell each other on me. Is this mean? The younger one eats fine but is always got a black beard and is jumping and doing alittle dance is this normal or is he upset?

Read more: http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/welcome-to-beardeddragonforum-com.3726/page-6#ixzz1VSZLc4pE

Read more: http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/welcome-to-beardeddragonforum-com.3726/page-6#ixzz1VSYyghTd

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
yes you can sex your dragons here is a ling on how. http://www.dachiu.com/sexing.html No it is not mean to have a visual barrier so they cant see each other it will cause less stress if they cant see each other. A black beard is normally a sign of stress or agression.

barb

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi, my name is Shannon Babs sister. My older Beardie Lizzy is 5yrs old. I got her when she was 4yrs old.
About 2in on her tail is hard and dark. Now I've noticed its moving more up. What is the cause of this and
what can I do about this? Is it her diet? Lizzy is eating fine and running around the living room. Also, what watt should the UV bulb be? I have a 15watt is this good? Spike my 1yr old is getting better, not such a black beard all
the time. When I download some pictures I will send them in. Thanks

Eric sachranienkow

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
just about the housing together thing- its alot better if you house them as baby's because they'll figure it out and can live together..., i've never housed 2 middle aged beardies, but at that point it is bad because they can show dominance and get stressed out.. barb, ( post above me ) if you feed crickets.. and if she doesnt eat them, are you leaving them in over night? sometimes the crickets will bite the dragon and it can rot the part that they bited on. is it the whole tail, or just the tip of it? and how close do you have their log to the light? when they get older they wont need as much light as babies. i dont know what watt i have, its either a 10watt or 15watt, im sure its 10... i through out the package lol!

and get those pictures up! :p

Limabeanie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone!
I am new here. I have a 3 month old Beardie (who is huge) but who I don't think likes me very much. He often gets dark (his beard) and I notice him puffing out his neck a lot. edit: Here I am assuming it's a 'he,' when I haven't been able to sex him/her as of yet.

Anyway, I joined so I can get some advice! I will definitely post questions when I am slightly less busy!

Looking forward to exploring the forums. :)

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We
Hi everyone!
I am new here. I have a 3 month old Beardie (who is huge) but who I don't think likes me very much. He often gets dark (his beard) and I notice him puffing out his neck a lot. edit: Here I am assuming it's a 'he,' when I haven't been able to sex him/her as of yet.

Anyway, I joined so I can get some advice! I will definitely post questions when I am slightly less busy!

Looking forward to exploring the forums. :)
Welcome

KevJam

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everyone

I am a new Bearded Dragon owner. I just bought two one year old beadeis from a gentleman who had them from babies. He said one if a female (Lilly) and the other is male (Severus). Not to hard to tell that my wife, who named them, is a Harry Potter fan.
Is it normal for males to be larger the females? When I picked them up the previous owner mentioned that he had to make sure that the male didn't eat all of the crickets and that is why he is so much larger than the female. I am going to pick up another tank today to separate them after reading the above posts.
Will post pictures up later, the only ones I have right now are with my kids and I don't want to post pictures of them on the Internet.