• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Site Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Please use this thread to post any feedback about the site. We'd love to hear your ideas for subforums, moderator nominations, and feature requests. It always helps to know how we can improve the site!

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Josh I like it its simple and easy to navigate just change the colors:D

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmmm. Okay. Ill see about getting a theme that's easier on the eyes. Maybe a slick new logo and a custom color scheme...

Duecej

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello,
I am new to the bearded dragon thing, not the forums ( I'm on a jeep forum ;) ) I would like to say thank you, I think this I a great place to be, everyone has great feedback! I love looking at all the vivs, a pics of the bd's ....I am reading every chance I get! SO THANK YOU you guys/gals make it easy for us newbies...

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello,
I am new to the bearded dragon thing, not the forums ( I'm on a jeep forum ;) ) I would like to say thank you, I think this I a great place to be, everyone has great feedback! I love looking at all the vivs, a pics of the bd's ....I am reading every chance I get! SO THANK YOU you guys/gals make it easy for us newbies...

Its Great having you here

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That's what brought me to this forum also. Everyone is real down to earth here and eager to help out.

Brianna

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i like the fact i know im learning more and helping others you know oppurtunities like these(stuff i know about at least...) dont come up every day :)

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What is the reason for encouraging them to use the like button

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
dont know, maybe just so that people know you like or agree with what they have said. Plus if you dont want to put an answer you just like/thanks, it keeps that particular post alive rather than leave it without an answer to fade away.
For me its always nice to see that someone agrees or likes what you have said in a post instantly. But thats my opinion :)

The problem is that we don't want to be like the rest of the forums where people are treated badly if they ask the wrong questions and honestly the like buttons and the thanks buttons are used more like a popularity thing on other forums, do I use the one on this forum if I like it many people do on hear but maybe it should go away to and we can just post that we agree or just pm the poster that we do ..and I'm not a big fan of the little titles under the avatars to many people just post a bunch of short little post with no meaning just to increase there post amounts so they can move up but that's just me and my opinion.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have to agree with you Bill. This site is super friendly and is why i come here. Ive been a member of allot of forums in that past and have quit them cuz people where rude or made fun of new member. The reality is we all started out as a newbie at some point and time and the whole reason for a forum is to educate and bring people with like interest together to share. I know the forum is getting world wide now which is great i just hope it doesn't tarnish the friendly atmosphere.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think the like button gives a good opportunity to show appreciation for someone's post. There is a fine-line between that and popularity contests. It's all up to the community and how the community uses it. So far it hasn't been used frivolously which means its still real useful

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I like what this site offers, simplicity & friendly, knowledgeable people. For those that think it's a popularity contest, I guess, let them do their thing. I get on here 2 learn, pass on what I've learned & talk with a few other members. I've met some really good people on hear & I am thankful for that. Don't change a thing, maybe the colors.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Lol i hear ya Ya Jeff and you to are right but i can also see Bills point. Like a saltwater forum im a member of you cant view the buy and sell trade until you have at least 50 meaningful post. The reason they do that is to encourage good helpful information that contributes to the forum and not just Blah also so peaple dont join just for the buy and sell portion of the forum. Don't get me wrong this site is awesome and its why i'm here because of all the things you mentioned above.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice to see the new titles, think personally its great as the titles are part of beardie life.
On all forums world wide there are idiots and people that just post toot, its life! There are also some people that think they know everying - including kids - and believe me i had a run in with a 12 yrs old who thought he knew more about reps that breeders of 20 + yrs experience - all coz he googled lol! There will always be someone that puts someone down but you have to learn to live with the good and the bad.We are all here for 1 reason our love of Reptiles, this forum Beardies in particular No one is perfect and we all learn ( hopefully) from each other. I have yrs of experiance But does not make me any better that breeders or new owners etc. I have personal experiance with my own animals as well as ones in shops But they are all different - just like forums.
This page is for suggestions and feedback - which i think we have all given No one is saying its right or wrong its our own opinions! Ultimately its the owners who decide what to do for the best!

And that is the reason we strive to not be like other forums, this is the most active Dragon forum on the net at this time that I know of, because we stand apart on how we do things.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You have got to be kidding me LMAOF I think I just choked on my coffee

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Are u laughing at the same thing I am? I just saw some funny sh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.