• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

not eating/unusual behavior

codycr6

Bearded Dragon Egg
I checked on Beardeddragon.co again, and it is still sitting on "shipping label created", so maybe it will ship sometime!

Anthony Radford

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I checked on Beardeddragon.co again, and it is still sitting on "shipping label created", so maybe it will ship sometime!

Yeah, that obviously means the order was processed, packed, and shipping label was processed and printed... just waiting for the carrier (USPS/UPS/FedEx/etc) to pick up the shipment, probably this evening or Monday.

(Also, on their website, it mentions that due to hurricane hermine, there may be a slight delay in shipping to some areas.)

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Havent had to make slurries yet but all that you have mentioned sounds like the recommended ingredients. I know you can mash up any greens, vegetables, and insects that you would normally include and also add a pinch of calcium and vitamin powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Suggestions for a slurry mix? I have Pedia lite, bee pollen, dandelion, and egg whites

Slurry's are fun to make because you can switch them up. Whatever you would give in a salad is perfect. The last slurry I made for Dolly was collards, mustards and dandelion with a bee pollen, probiotic and some calcium mixed with pedialyite and a bit of water. You want to dilute pedialite when you use it. Another great thing to use instead of that is plain coconut water. It has all the good nutrients and electrolytes, doesn't need to be diluted AND it's much cheaper.

Bearded dragon.co does take some time to ship their stuff. I ordered syringes for Dexter, I think it was the 9th or 10th and I'm finally getting them today. I'm learning with the important stuff to order it before you really need it. I'm going to be ordering another batch of syringes today!

The Zilla UVB bulb isn't the best bulb itself but the fixture is okay. The first chance you get, order a ReptiSun 10.0 bulb to replace the one that came in the fixture but save the other bulb to have as a backup.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
When I had to make slurries I found it difficult to get a decent consistency without a base, so I used organic butternut squash baby food as the base, through in some supplements, greens, and roaches (I felt bad about the roaches) and a bit of Pedialyte. It worked well for me. And like PatsyB said, you can switch it up.

I'm going to second the bulb swap. The reptisun 10.0 is the way to go. I just bought all new fixtures and bulbs myself, because I wanted the reptisun 10.0 T5 HO, and previously had the T8 bulbs. You want to make sure that you have a good UVB bulb, especially with it cooling down outside. We won't be able to supplement natural sunlight here soon.

PatsyB- I'm loving the coconut water idea! Has anyone ever told you how brilliant you are?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
@Eavlynn I can't take credit for the coconut water thing. I have a friend that has ADV dragons and that's what she uses to make their slurries. I have never put bugs in mine, I would feel bad blending them up in a blender. I make mine because Dolly eats is usually good about eating the bugs, it's the greens she won't eat but she will drink them if I make a thin water like slurry for her.

Latest posts