• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

not eating/unusual behavior

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Id recommend pinkys instead of fuzzies if you can. Once you can see hair on a mouse their bones are usually fully developed which can greatly increase the likelihood of impaction and other stomach issues. Bones are even hard for us to digest so just keep an eye out for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codycr6

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have always done pinkies, just moved him up to fuzzies... guess I can move him back and give the fuzzies to my blue tongue as a snack! How often should he have pinkies right now? Trying to reverse as much damage as I can.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I personally do not give them to my girl due to the high amount of fat and risk of impaction, though I think it will be fine especially in your situation. I really don't know an exact number to recommend for a dragon? Someone with more experience feeding pinkies to them should jump in soon and answer that for you.
In the mean time bsfl is great. I'd give him as many of those as he wanted

Anthony Radford

Bearded Dragon Veteran
As far as "reversing" or reducing MBD damage, BSFL are your best friend! They are basically living calcium... Let's say dubias, crickets, and other feeders have an average of 140ppm of calcium. BSFL have approx 8400ppm calcium!!! 8400 vs 140... that's a major difference.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Adding boiled egg white to their salad is a good trick that PatsyB told me about. BSFLs are great if you can get them, calcium dusting your feeders and outside time for some good old sunshine is unbeatable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

codycr6

Bearded Dragon Egg
He basically won't hardly eat at this point, so I have to make judgement calls on how much to feed him. We thought he was trying to Bru mate at first, which was why his lack of appetite and laziness didn't concern me at first. Now trying to fix that!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He basically won't hardly eat at this point, so I have to make judgement calls on how much to feed him. We thought he was trying to Bru mate at first, which was why his lack of appetite and laziness didn't concern me at first. Now trying to fix that!
You want to make sure you get him checked by a vet if you think they are trying to brumate as if they have parasites they will become overloaded with them and in some cases they sadly don't wake up.. It may just be a depletion of vit/minerals and needs a boost to get to eating again.. Have you tried giving him a slurry of supplements and proteins? When my female was under a year she got super sluggish and not wanting to eat she was trying to brumate but I knew she just wasn't fat enough/ healthy enough so I did slurries for awhile to get her thru.. She's still not a big eater and now she is trying to brumate, at a year and 4 months she's finally 400gr! Now my male is 10 months and 500gr!!!

codycr6

Bearded Dragon Egg
Waiting on my supplies from beardeddragon.com to do a slurry, currently alternating between baby food with calcium added, bsfl's, and pinkies right now.

codycr6

Bearded Dragon Egg
Oh, bought this

Attachments

• 20160915_064623.jpg
    20160915_064623.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 25
  • 20160915_064655.jpg
    20160915_064655.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Those strips are good but make sure you take the plastic shield off as it can block uv's from getting to your dragon. I have no idea why they put them on the lights but they do. I have three of them myself.

codycr6

Bearded Dragon Egg
Those strips are good but make sure you take the plastic shield off as it can block uv's from getting to your dragon. I have no idea why they put them on the lights but they do. I have three of them myself.

Thanks, didn't think about that!

codycr6

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes, that IS normal. If you read their shipping/order policy, they state to allow 3 business days for the order to process before shipping. If you ordered on Thursday the 8th, then Friday is business day #1, Monday is #2, yesterday is #3. You should get an email from them this afternoon...
Still no word from beardeddragon.com

Anthony Radford

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok, first- technically, there is NO such site named "bearded dragon.com". It is actually "bearded dragon.co"...

As for your emails, check your bulk/junk folder, as they sometimes end up there. Also, the email will come from Reptile Central or something like that, and NOT beardeddragon.co...

If you're concerned about the order, simply go to the website, login, and under your My Account. Click on "Order History". This will show you all your orders, and their current status.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
For some reason I was thinking about beautiful dragons.com. I have not ordered from bearded dragon.co yet so I'm unable to state how long it takes them ship. I have however heard great things about that company. I just looked at the web page and in large blue print it says "in the midst of hurricane hermine please take note that shipping may be delayed to some areas"

codycr6

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok, first- technically, there is NO such site named "bearded dragon.com". It is actually "bearded dragon.co"...

As for your emails, check your bulk/junk folder, as they sometimes end up there. Also, the email will come from Reptile Central or something like that, and NOT beardeddragon.co...

If you're concerned about the order, simply go to the website, login, and under your My Account. Click on "Order History". This will show you all your orders, and their current status.

I received an order confirmation in my email the first day, and have checked their site daily and it has been stuck on "processed". I just checked when I got off and it shipped today. And the email was from beardeddragon.co

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Awesome! Glad to hear they finally shipped it. I know your dragon will be happy once it arrives :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Still no word from beardeddragon.com
They are kinda slower in deliveries but a great company so you can always call them or check your order online, I get all my stuff from them... Just remember they don't have the m in .com

Anthony Radford

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They are kinda slower in deliveries but a great company so you can always call them or check your order online, I get all my stuff from them... Just remember they don't have the m in .com

I agree, they are pretty good, and excellent with order accuracy and customer service. Like you, we get most of our supplements and some other stuff there. But, we get the majority of our supplies from Drs. Foster and Smith (www.drsfostersmith.com). They have some prices that are unbelievably low!

Latest posts