• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New member and new Beardie

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ruth is healing up well. I'm hoping to get her back to the vet on January 14th to get her sutures looked at and removed. Chance will probably be going along to get his tail situation re-evaluated.

The babies got beds for christmas! I'll have to get some good photos of their new cozy beds to post :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Glad to hear all is going well with the babies. Ruth is a tough girl I knew she would heal just fine :) Merry Christmas to you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Glad to hear all is going well with the babies. Ruth is a tough girl I knew she would heal just fine :) Merry Christmas to you guys

Merry Christmas to you guys too!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ruth goes to get her sutures out this Saturday! Everything seems to have healed up perfectly. It also seems like Ruth is slowing down for the season. She's still eating here and there, and is awake, but spends her days lounging on her bed that I made her for christmas. At least one of the kids enjoy their gift!

d4fd8b42f88e1c931629fda63cfa5c85.jpg

3edbb45426b8aa52d60abb24902e0a95.jpg

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yaaay Ruth! It's been a long time coming for this little sweetie. I'm so glad she is finally healed up and moving forward now :) that bed looks very comfy by the way. I can't think of a dragon that deserved a nice Christmas gift more

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Glad she's doing good!

I hate the winter slowdown. Dexter tried to slow down but with her issues, I really need to keep her awake. She slept for a week and when she came out she looked so thin and frail. Dolly has been LAZY for 4 months now. She's been out and awake for 2 weeks now but she just lays on her basking log all day long unless I take her out to feed her a slurry, then she picks up and runs around a bit.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Glad she's doing good!

I hate the winter slowdown. Dexter tried to slow down but with her issues, I really need to keep her awake. She slept for a week and when she came out she looked so thin and frail. Dolly has been LAZY for 4 months now. She's been out and awake for 2 weeks now but she just lays on her basking log all day long unless I take her out to feed her a slurry, then she picks up and runs around a bit.
Ruth lounges on her pillow all day. She'd probably sleep if I put her box back in, but I wanted to keep her awake for the healing process after her surgery. She'll bask after she eats, but that's the extent of it.

What's going on with Dexter? She had parasites a little while back, didn't she?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Dexter still has a little tiny amount of the swelling in her mouth but it is look much better. She's showing more signs of MBD, shaking, hump by tail, folding her feet over. She wasn't eating much so I was upping her liquid calcium and she aspirated a few times. Now she seems on a steady track, all her food is dusted. She's eating supers again and I've been sneaking in some endive when she's chewing (endive is high in calcium). I haven't seen her shake in a few weeks and she walks pretty good. I just have to be real dilegent in her care.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You could give her a slurry of stage 1 baby food with calcium and multivitamin mixed in. I found that my kiddos are less likely to accidentally aspirate a thicker slurry, over liquid calcium and water. They also really enjoy the slurries :) Mushu gets them even though he has no issues. Since I switched him to red runners, I haven't been able to dust the roaches. They're so quick!

I'm sorry that Dex is having so many issues. If anyone is able to get her on the right path, it's you.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
i haven't done slurries with her yet. She refuses to open her mouth for anything. I had injected her bugs with her supplements, it's very hard to inject super worms LOL! I'm trying to get her to eat dubia but so far she's not interested in them.

I tried red runners once, it climbed up the glass and almost ran out of the tank! I have a funny dubia story. I put a cup of 6 in my chameleon tank and the next day they were gone. A week later I was cleaning and noticed dubia poop, thought it was strange but didn't see anything. The other morning I found a skeleton and looked around and found they were all hiding behind his temp gauge!!!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i haven't done slurries with her yet. She refuses to open her mouth for anything. I had injected her bugs with her supplements, it's very hard to inject super worms LOL! I'm trying to get her to eat dubia but so far she's not interested in them.

I tried red runners once, it climbed up the glass and almost ran out of the tank! I have a funny dubia story. I put a cup of 6 in my chameleon tank and the next day they were gone. A week later I was cleaning and noticed dubia poop, thought it was strange but didn't see anything. The other morning I found a skeleton and looked around and found they were all hiding behind his temp gauge!!!
Ruth is the same way! I have to push her lower jaw down slightly so she gets a taste of whatever I'm trying to give her, and then she usually becomes more cooperative.

I have to smash the heads of the red runners so Mushu can eat them. They run so fast that he gets frightened! Lol. Poor baby. I had some dubia hide in his cage once as well. They hid under his half log. Now he eats under supervision so I don't have escapees. Everyone eats from tongs or in a feeding container so I can supervise everything. It's time consuming, but I don't mind spending extra time with my little loves.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I hand feed my 5 frogs, it's so time consuming because they are all jumping and then want to sit on my hand! But I do it to make sure each get enough to eat

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I hand feed my 5 frogs, it's so time consuming because they are all jumping and then want to sit on my hand! But I do it to make sure each get enough to eat
Aww, that's so sweet :) I feed Chance on my lap and place dubia into his bowl in front of him. They usually don't make it off the tongs before he grabs them up. He's such a good boy. Mushu's get their heads smashed and dropped into a glass bowl. He absolutely refuses to eat from tongs. It's crazy how different they all are.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Dexter refuses to eat from tongs too. The worm has to be either on a glass plate or the ground. She won't eat anything where she can see my fingers. She bit me once, I think she has bad memories from it. Luci will eat anything from anywhere, he doesn't care!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ruth is suture free and healing up wonderfully. Despite slowing down for the winter, she's only lost 4 grams in the past 45 days since her last weigh in. She's a healthy girl!

Nubs

Hatchling Dragon
I love it! I just got a rescue lizard from petco missing a hand. She's 4 months old now!

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I love it! I just got a rescue lizard from petco missing a hand. She's 4 months old now!
Poor baby, she probably lost it in a feeding accident. Does she get around alright?

Nubs

Hatchling Dragon
Fortunately, Nubs gets around great! She's so sweet. She can climb and jump. Every now and then she slips. What do you mean a feeding accident? Like an aggressive one bit her hand off? Petco said it was a bad shed. I didn't really believe that.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Fortunately, Nubs gets around great! She's so sweet. She can climb and jump. Every now and then she slips. What do you mean a feeding accident? Like an aggressive one bit her hand off? Petco said it was a bad shed. I didn't really believe that.
Lots of beardies lose toes and tail tips in pet stores. You've got a bunch of babies in one tank and when the employees drop crickets in, they go nuts.

It's also possible that she lost her hand because of stuck shed. If she didn't get the shed off of her hand, and it restricted the blood flow, it could have caused tissue death, and eventually she would have lost the hand. It would have taken a while to happen, though. A scenario like that would speak strongly to the level of that store's neglect with the animals.

I'm glad it doesn't slow her down at all :) Nubs is lucky to have found you.

BrookeE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My girl has no shame showing me her full beard when she's outside in that natural sunlight running around and I approach her. She's like "No no mom, I'm not ready to go back in yet." What a brat! Wont bite. Just speaking her mind. :rolleyes:

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
My girl has no shame showing me her full beard when she's outside in that natural sunlight running around and I approach her. She's like "No no mom, I'm not ready to go back in yet." What a brat! Wont bite. Just speaking her mind. :rolleyes:

Mine is the same way. She gets a little overly stimulated when we go outside and if I stand up or move she gets pretty upset about it lol. I always have to pet her and talk to her like a baby in order to calm her down before we go back inside.

Latest posts