• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New member and new Beardie

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You guys are in my thoughts. Let's us know when you hear something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yaaay!!! I knew she was going to be just fine. So glad it's all over and went well for her. I know you will be happy to see her

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She's home! She's super groggy but she opened her eyes and looked at me when I put her under a heat lamp. No luck getting her to take her pain meds, so we'll have to start on that tomorrow. She goes back in January 14th to have her stitches removed. I'm so relieved! It's good to have her back home safe and sound.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I made some banana oatmeal craisin muffins while I waited to go pick her up. They're delicious :)

8b53824e2044075a8e9175839b40a310.jpg

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I transported her in a cat carrier with a bath towel as padding. I figured she would want something soft after her surgery. I was so afraid to pick her up that I placed the towel along with her on top, inside of her enclosure. I put her under her heat bulb so she didn't have to move to warm up in the morning. And put another towel in her box in case she musters the motivation to go in her hide. I feel so bad, but in the long run having the surgery should benefit her a lot. No more depleting her calcium stores, no shortening her life span by laying slugs year after year, and a potentially lower risk of cancer in the future.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Those muffins though! Lol. They look amazing.

Wishing Ruth a fast, healthy recovery. She's a strong little girl and this was definitely the best thing for her. But even with that in mind I know it has to be hard to see your baby in pain :/ in a few days I'm sure she will feel like a new woman

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Soo glad to hear that things went well now recovery time and lots of TLC..

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Wow, she is full of energy today, I'm really surprised! The surgery didn't slow her down one bit after the anesthesia wore off. Got her to take her pain meds for the day, which she fought, of course. She gave me a nice post surgery poop and proceeded to climb up on top of her box. So much for taking it easy!

She has these odd muscle spasms. I've noticed them in her belly by her rear right leg and at the tip of her tail. I'm going to keep an eye on it. It may go away as she heals up.

2032c4a2ee051245d1885d534967b4df.jpg

aace1494fd152b76d6629e91dafdeede.jpg

c9e6f03748fc70d83f31c2f2bb576759.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well do your best to keep her Calm so she doesn't tear anything.

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Soooo happy for you both. I'm glad you baked that day away. Beautiful muffins are they bran with fruit ? They look good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Well do your best to keep her Calm so she doesn't tear anything.
Easier said than done. The little turd is being quite rebellious today. But she looks great and doesn't seem to be having any issues. I might take her box out for a bit if she keeps climbing around. That way she'll be forced to take it easy.

Soooo happy for you both. I'm glad you baked that day away. Beautiful muffins are they bran with fruit ? They look good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
They're banana oatmeal craisin muffins :) and they're quite tasty. I might have to make muffins more often for a quick and easy breakfast option!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She's a good girl! How is she doing today? Muscle spasms could have still been from the anesthesia wearing off.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The spasms seem to have stopped. We helped vend at a show today and ran into the vet haha. Talked to him for about an hour about all sorts of things. He said her blood work was perfect :) She's a healthy girl!

She's starting to eat more each day. And her colors are more vibrant than they have been in a while. I think she's going to do well after she heals up.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ruth is healing up well. I'm hoping to get her back to the vet on January 14th to get her sutures looked at and removed. Chance will probably be going along to get his tail situation re-evaluated.

The babies got beds for christmas! I'll have to get some good photos of their new cozy beds to post :)