• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New member and new Beardie

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Mine is the same way. She gets a little overly stimulated when we go outside and if I stand up or move she gets pretty upset about it lol. I always have to pet her and talk to her like a baby in order to calm her down before we go back inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ruth does really well outside now. Our porch is walled, so that she helps to avoid over stimulation. Mushu, on the other hand, needs to be held every second he's outside. He may be getting bigger, but he's still easily spooked. I look forward to this coming summer so our little guy, Chance, can experience some natural UV light.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ruth does really well outside now. Our porch is walled, so that she helps to avoid over stimulation. Mushu, on the other hand, needs to be held every second he's outside. He may be getting bigger, but he's still easily spooked. I look forward to this coming summer so our little guy, Chance, can experience some natural UV light.

Just as Spyra was beginning to do well summer came to an end. I'm looking forward to seeing how she does this year. She was a lot like Mushu I had to hold her pretty much the entire time.
Chance is in for a surprise :) you will have to let us know how he does

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Just as Spyra was beginning to do well summer came to an end. I'm looking forward to seeing how she does this year. She was a lot like Mushu I had to hold her pretty much the entire time.
Chance is in for a surprise :) you will have to let us know how he does

I definitely will let you know how everyone does. Warm weather can't come soon enough! Spyra is such a sweetie, I look forward to hearing more about how she does this summer as well :)

Thyde

Bearded Dragon Egg
Question guys. I have a Bd I thought was a male but at a vet visit I found she was a female and gravid. She started laying last night and it went on through the night I thought she was done this morning. I gave her a bath her appetite came back she ate and then she began laying again this afternoon. Now she is lethargic and not moving at all. We are up to 34 eggs total. Is this a normal behavior? And when will she be done laying how long can she go?

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Question guys. I have a Bd I thought was a male but at a vet visit I found she was a female and gravid. She started laying last night and it went on through the night I thought she was done this morning. I gave her a bath her appetite came back she ate and then she began laying again this afternoon. Now she is lethargic and not moving at all. We are up to 34 eggs total. Is this a normal behavior? And when will she be done laying how long can she go?
34 eggs is a lot for one clutch. Hopefully she's gotten them all out by now. Keep offering food and give her some extra calcium to compensate for what she lost. It's not surprising that she's lethargic, that was a big clutch, and she's gonna need some time to recover. Keep an eye on her over the next few days. If her activity doesn't increase, she should be taken in to a knowledgeable exotic vet to make sure all eggs have been passed and there are no complications.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran

I know laying eggs can take a lot out of them and 34 is a lot. There are some users on here that can give you much more advice in this area than I can as I have not experienced this yet.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sorry I did not see where Eavlynn replied. She was actually who I was thinking of when I said there are other members with more experience in this area. I would definitely listen to her suggestions

Thyde

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for asking! I believe she has laid her last two today. ( I can't feel any more) this has been a three day process and we're up to 37 eggs in one clutch. She seems to be feeling great at the moment but it's been an up-and-down ride,so we'll see.I put her in a warm Bath to help along the process and did stomach palpitations, that seems to have done the job in helping her with the last few she had. after she finished laying she took a nice long soak and begin to swim around and drank a lot of water for her normal intake. The vet visit gave me liquid calcium that she has been on for the past 14 days so she's getting plenty of calcium. I'm hoping she's passed this and I can begin to start getting weight back on her she is so skinny.
I can't tell you how much the site has helped me through all of this process as I'm a new mother to my little beauty.
Thank you all for your help !

Thyde

Bearded Dragon Egg
For future reference for the people who have not had eggs yet laid by their females. This has been my experience:
Roxy started six weeks prior to laying with Laying behavior...(scratching and digging in her environment and stopped eating solid food). Since I thought she was a he, I began to do research trying to get info on what was wrong. Since she wasn't eating One of the articals here talked about a slurry ( a blended mixture of protein veggies vitamins calcium and water made into a liquid form with a blender) I fed her with an eyedropper and could only get 150 mL at a time into her stomach. I would apply it to her nose and wait for her to start licking, when she started licking I would add more to her mouth each time and get most of the dropper into her stomach, this process took several minutes . after the vet visit when I found she was a female and gravid I then added probiotics for (human) babies that you can find at a health food store and liquid calcium from the vet. I believe since her gustation period was longer than normal and now knowing her clutch was bigger than normal it saved her from being scarily emaciated. I have recently learned liquid vitamin D and fish oil can also help.
Those elders on here will confirm this info if they believe this all is right or not! And believe me these caring people helped out a lot!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I really appreciate you sharing your girls situation with this. I have a female who is about 11 months old so I know that time is coming. I like to hear all the feedback from those with experience in this area that I can so that I know what is ahead. Thank you.

Did did baby probiotic seem to help her? I was always under the impression that different species carried different bacteria in their digestive tracts and therefore I've always looked for probiotic that is designed for reptiles. I could be wrong here, either way it certainly wouldn't harm her just may not be as helpful as it could be? Eavlynn would probably be helpful in this area.

I'm so glad to hear your girl is doing better. She has certainly been through a lot over the past few days. Keep us updated on how she is doing

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I really appreciate you sharing your girls situation with this. I have a female who is about 11 months old so I know that time is coming. I like to hear all the feedback from those with experience in this area that I can so that I know what is ahead. Thank you.

Did did baby probiotic seem to help her? I was always under the impression that different species carried different bacteria in their digestive tracts and therefore I've always looked for probiotic that is designed for reptiles. I could be wrong here, either way it certainly wouldn't harm her just may not be as helpful as it could be? Eavlynn would probably be helpful in this area.

I'm so glad to hear your girl is doing better. She has certainly been through a lot over the past few days. Keep us updated on how she is doing

I've been waiting 4 years for Dexter to lay eggs! I know that Dolly is going to be the one though. Just because I don't know her history and she is completely different than Dexter.

I have a friend with 2 ADV positive dragons and her vet actually recommended the baby probiotics for her dragons. He recommended the Culturelle unflavored with sugar or anything added.

Thyde

Bearded Dragon Egg
I don't know for sure if the probiotics help or not as there were no other reason for her not eating other than the laying behavior. It sure didn't hurt. I did buy probiotics with no flavour sugar or additives.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you Patsy for clearing that up. I would definitely trust the vets wisdom over my assumption. And Thyde probiotics are wonderful I'm sure it was helpful for her. This is just something I thought but wasn't sure of. Repta boost is also good stuff.