• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello everyone! We need help..

sheath

Hatchling Dragon
uploadfromtaptalk1407467640727.jpg

We have a new beardie his name is Colt, and is doing really well. He eats about 30 crickets a day and occasionally snack on greens. He's active and poops daily. I'm so happy he seems to be healthy. He's a leather back and has already shed once since we have had him. :D

flynstone

Bearded Dragon Egg
The owner of pet shop I got mine, told me to to basically all the worst things possible... Use sand at bottom of aquarium, not giving him a bowl of water, 24 hours of lights, NO UVB... I got it for 4 days he hasn't eat since I got it. Just went on the internet today to notice all I did wrong... That pet shop owner kindof led me into killing it, I need help hes not moving I am worried he is dying, BTW I have changed all it habitate today to what ive seen its supposed to be but is there anything else I should do? I haven't tunred the UVB light on since its getting dark outside what is more important at the time being putting the UVB or turning the light off for the first time in 4 days? My bearded dragon is 2-3 months old..

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Four days shouldn't make a difference one way or the other. It's great that you did your research and you're on the right track. This forum has lots of good information and a lot of good people. Right now the UVB should be on now about 10 hours a day. It's probably a good thing to turn the light off too much lite can stress them. Moving from one home to another can also stress them. It can take a few days for them to settle in. You should be feeding 10 to 15 crickets small crickets three times a day. Give him his space. Keep us posted

SpikeDragon714

Hatchling Dragon
View attachment 9690

We have a new beardie his name is Colt, and is doing really well. He eats about 30 crickets a day and occasionally snack on greens. He's active and poops daily. I'm so happy he seems to be healthy. He's a leather back and has already shed once since we have had him. :D
How is Colt doing? We had the same thing happen to us (as your first situation) with one of our first dragons and I was devastated when he died! We now have two healthy dragons and I pretty much devour every bit of info I can find in my efforts to continue to keep them healthy and happy! I hope your new little guy is doing well!

sheath

Hatchling Dragon
How is Colt doing? We had the same thing happen to us (as your first situation) with one of our first dragons and I was devastated when he died! We now have two healthy dragons and I pretty much devour every bit of info I can find in my efforts to continue to keep them healthy and happy! I hope your new little guy is doing well!
He is doing awesome! We have had him almost 9 weeks and he was 6 in we we got him he is currently right at 13 in now. He eats about 50 crickets a day and snacks on his greens.

We just love him! :)

I too gather all the information I can.

uploadfromtaptalk1411521653023.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1411521725442.jpg