• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello everyone! We need help..

sheath

Hatchling Dragon
Well that's nice that you check up on them. But you wishing you can take all of what they have doesn't help. They will just continue to get more in.. U can't save them all.. But u can make great lives for the ones you already have.

Have you eve heard of giving a pedialyte bath??? To perk them up..

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yep. Of they are dehydrated but they do need to drink it.... Beardies can't absorb water threw there vents.... Only iguanas can.... Warm baths help with shedding and passing hard poops

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Welcome to the forum. Petsmart just doesn't do alot of extra learning anymore. The store I go to love when i'm there because I help with alot of animal knowledge. I've managed to convince people to just get the 40 gallon to save themselves the trouble of getting another tank in a year.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yea doesn't it turn your insides when your there and hearing someone interested in buying a beardie or another herp and just get given all the wrong advice..... I've intervened many times also.

Devildoc

Hatchling Dragon
Petsmart has the t8 for $27 reptisun 10.0 just bought on 20 minutes ago with the dual light zoomed set up go for the $46 dollar uva/uvb/heat flood lamp 100watt made by zoomed sold at petsmart/Petco

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Petsmart has the t8 for $27 reptisun 10.0 just bought on 20 minutes ago with the dual light zoomed set up go for the $46 dollar uva/uvb/heat flood lamp 100watt made by zoomed sold at petsmart/Petco
You can use the t8 for sure. Only issue is on top of the screen you loose 50% or more of the UVB exposure so the beardie must be able to get within 6 inches of it..... If the t8 is on the INSIDE of the enclosure than beardie needs to get within 12 inches of it...... Which is why I recommend the t5 as in top of the screen they are better even though you still loose UVB u don't loose as much.

Either on are fine..... Just also keep in mind when choosing UVB it also plays a role in what calcium you use, and how often you use it.......

Example

t8 10.0

Dust with calcium with d3 everyday and multivitamin 2 times a week. Especially if you don't take your beardie outside everyday to soak up natural rays.

t5 high out put 10.0

Dust with calcium phosphorus free and WITHOUT d3 daily.
Dust calcium WITH d3 twice a month
Dust multivitamin twice a month

Devildoc

Hatchling Dragon
Agreed that's why I also stated use the zoomed uva/uvb/heat flood lamp in conjunction being she had the zoomed fixture that would work with the 100 watt lamp being a 20 gallon tank that's all that would be needed.. I guess I should have stated I use the t8 more for viewing then I do the uvb the megaray 220 watt is what I have on my 40 gallon breeder tank. Which with ceramic bottom makes no need for heater at night..

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Agreed that's why I also stated use the zoomed uva/uvb/heat flood lamp in conjunction being she had the zoomed fixture that would work with the 100 watt lamp being a 20 gallon tank that's all that would be needed.. I guess I should have stated I use the t8 more for viewing then I do the uvb the megaray 220 watt is what I have on my 40 gallon breeder tank. Which with ceramic bottom makes no need for heater at night..
Sounds good.... Shouldn't need night heat though unless it drops below 65 degree.
And with the high uvb out put I use calcium w/o d3
You still need to dust with d3 couple times a month still.... Unless your beardie spends alot of time outdoors.

Devildoc

Hatchling Dragon
It has no drop below 78 at night do to the ceramic bottom (ceramic,slate, concrete all conductors if its cold stays cold if its warm they stay warm), yes d3 is needed dust with reptical every other day (d3 reptical twice a month) and minerals every 2 weeks

sheath

Hatchling Dragon
Well we ran out and bought the things we needed. Talk to a girl that gave us more great info..
We managed to get him to eat 3 meal worms and a cricket and he licked baby food chicken off his face. He soaked in pedialyte. He's back in his cage, I sure hope it helps. And he becomes active and eats on his own with in the next day..

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
DO NOT FEED MEALWORMS.

They she'll is way to hard to digest for the beardies. Especially one that is weak.... Feed small silk worms, horn worms what would be extremely good is pheniox worms.

sheath

Hatchling Dragon
She only gave us 5 to get her to eat . I had heard they were bad and she said just a few would be OK.. She seemed to have knew quite a bit about them said she has 3 and she also takes ones in that people bring to the store and she nurses them back to health before bringing them back to the store.

Devildoc

Hatchling Dragon
Mealworms can be feed but they are a timely food best is to feed when they shed their shell they turn black and almost feel like a worm (red wrangler/night crawler) but like luv said they can cause impaction but remember once they shed they are about to die and turn into Beatles which I would never feed..(IMO) ..
The Pedialyte will help along with the new light you should see an amazing recovery over the next few days.. Also if you have time and means order your crickets and worms by far cheaper hungrylizard.com 500crickets $15 usually ships 2days buy 500 they add extra to cover the ones that die in shipment you usually get about 700 sounds like a lot but its not really.. Hope he gets better keep us updated

Latest posts