• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hatchling beardie Fluffy lethargic

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Also did not have colored lights and he always had clean bowl of water, at least twice everyday since day 1 offered water by dropping on nose. Misted tail multiple times to help with shedding (and baths a few days) I did not try to rub it off.
The proper thing wud have been to rush him to a Vet. This is a learning experience at the cost of a Life which is very sad. Baths are aways twice a week for 15min minimum and don’t get water in his ears and make sure water level is way below his chin and u do more baths when they are shedding but u need to use Reptisafe drops to remove the chlorine, which dries their skin. The tank was super congested and without proper UVb or heat they cannot walk, move or eat. The Reptisun 10.0 T5 UVB long light has to be ordered on Amazon or a fancy specialty pet store. Also u need a hideaway and a hammock behind the basking spot so he can relax and lounge away from the light as needed or go to a lesser temp area. And u can’t feed proteins until after a few hours of basking they need to be warm in order to eat or digest. Anyways sorry for your loss. Beardies are very high maintenance & need a lot of care, time and effort. Tank must be super clean they like the poop removed instantly.

Bchildree

Hatchling Dragon
U did not listen a while ago when you were instructed to get the Reptisun 10.0 T5 UVB long light and you want another beardie???? They CANNOT live without proper UVB & all UVB lights need replacing every 6mnths and never ever use coiled or colored bulbs because it burns their eyes and it needs to be 10 inches away minimum from them. ALSO, they need a Hideaway to get away from the UVB as needed. U need to invest money in order to properly care for an animal. Worst part is you didnt take him to a VET; Why??? U just let him suffer and die????

Bchildree

Hatchling Dragon
The proper thing wud have been to rush him to a Vet. This is a learning experience at the cost of a Life which is very sad. Baths are aways twice a week for 15min minimum and don’t get water in his ears and make sure water level is way below his chin and u do more baths when they are shedding but u need to use Reptisafe drops to remove the chlorine, which dries their skin. The tank was super congested and without proper UVb or heat they cannot walk, move or eat. The Reptisun 10.0 T5 UVB long light has to be ordered on Amazon or a fancy specialty pet store. Also u need a hideaway and a hammock behind the basking spot so he can relax and lounge away from the light as needed or go to a lesser temp area. And u can’t feed proteins until after a few hours of basking they need to be warm in order to eat or digest. Anyways sorry for your loss. Beardies are very high maintenance & need a lot of care, time and effort. Tank must be super clean they like the poop removed instantly.
Carol baskings (Julee) you are a idiot and have no clue what you are talking about. for one I was misting multiple time a day. There was a hideaway. I also ordered the recommended bulb and made adjusted bulb so screen not blocking 50%of UVB.

Bchildree

Hatchling Dragon
Carol baskings (Julee) you are a idiot and have no clue what you are talking about. You get off on trying to kick people while they are down. for one I was misting multiple time a day and giving baths properly every few days. There was a hideaway. I also ordered the recommended bulb and made adjusted bulb so screen not blocking 50%of UVB. I called/spoke to Vet and “beardlie experts”, plus reached out fee help here and did everything that was recommended.

Kfo86jr

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah Julee is a piece of work. Rude ass lady.. most of her posts are just screaming at and insulting people..

Bchildree

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah Julee is a piece of work. Rude ass lady.. most of her posts are just screaming at and insulting people..
What is really sad is all the pets that won’t get help, because someone that would potentially reach out for help on here will read post of hers l, and decide not to post

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
I'm coming late to this party, and I apologize for not being here to intervene.

@Julee1971 - there's a right way and a wrong way to offer advice. You're not talking to recalcitrant child. You're talking to a person who cares for their animal and came to us for help. We don't want to lose our members because they came here for help and got a tongue lashing instead. Please try to be polite and helpful.

It's good of you to come here and give us the benefit of your experience because of your "rescue and rehab" but you don't need to start every post with "I rescue and rehab. . ." We get it. You rescue and rehab. Good for you, and thank you for doing that. But please try to share your experience in a humble and polite manner. Our members don't need to to be talked down to. They came here for help.

And @Kfo86jr - Please don't call people names.

Everyone, please play nice.

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
The UVB is a T 8 or a T 5 I am gonna say its a T 8 please take the screen off of it T 8's cannot go thru screen make sure that hammock is 6-8 inches under it and please get the basking temp w/ a digital probe thermometer -- 105-110
I agree, I also recommend taking out that heat pad, I don’t recommend them for any reptile because they are a fire hazard