• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hatchling beardie Fluffy lethargic

Bchildree

Hatchling Dragon
It does look like there is shed coming on -- I dont see anything that would cause concern -- rinse them w/ some saline as I posted and see if she opens them up --- did you get the Reptisun bulb that I posted a while back -- even the Zilla would not cause eye issues but its a better strength bulb -- did you get the distance of 6-8 inches?
The distance is good but I have not yet got the reptisun, I did adjust so not over screen. The tail shed almost completely done. There is small spot under eye and on side that is pictured that looks like it might be starting shed. I’ve never seen this ravenous appetite. I’ve only seen him give a cricket a second look once. I tried another feeding with no success.

Bchildree

Hatchling Dragon
51F5676D-96BF-40ED-A686-BFD506DE24FB.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The distance is good but I have not yet got the reptisun, I did adjust so not over screen. The tail shed almost completely done. There is small spot under eye and on side that is pictured that looks like it might be starting shed. I’ve never seen this ravenous appetite. I’ve only seen him give a cricket a second look once. I tried another feeding with no success.
Ok the dragon is going to go thru relocation stress which is going to effect the appetite along w/ shed -- keep trying to feed him -- as long as your surface basking temps are good along w/ that UVB he should come around --- please get the bulb its like $20 at Pet Smart or Petco -- 10.0 T 8 -- this will help believe me! the ravenous appetite is going to come after he acclimates to his tank and surroundings and the shed is gone -- at least your getting food into him -- when they stop eating all together that is a real concern -- they wont last long if they dont eat because he doesnt have any belly fat to sustain him that is why I said start w/ the slurrys -- plus being dehydrated does not help -- keep offering the food ---

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aww I am so sorry- I thought we had maybe gotten off to a start of recovery- I hate hearing this- it's heartbreaking when you try so hard to help them - he was so little :( -- please don't let this discourage you- no telling what was going on w/ him health wise- if and when you decide to get another dragon please get your tank disinfected w/ F10 a vet disinfectant or zoo meds wipeout - we don't know exactly what the cause was- if you need help again please ask - again my heart aches for you and fluffy

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh my goodness what is going on here?? We rescue and rehome. U need the Proper UVB asap it’s the Reptisun 10.0 T5; it’s a long tubular bulb the length u order should cover 79 prcnt if the tank & he needs Proper heat; it should be 100-105 with a Clear zoomed basking bulb. Never ever use colored or coiled bulbs. It burns their eyes. Both heat and uvb need to remain on for 12-14 hours everyday and turn them off at nite and remove all food and water from tank at bedtime. Also he needs a hideaway and a comfy fleece blanket or teeny pillow get a hammock or a cave basking rock. His eyes are squinting prolly from burns please raise the light also he shouldn’t be closer than 8 inches to the heat light and 10 inches or more away from the uvb. Also dO not feed him superworms at this age only crickets and Dubia roaches along with the veggie plate. Also NO spinach. Do mustard & collard greens, yellow squash and butternut squash and kale and blueberries and papaya 1-2 times a week as treats. Never feed anything bigger than the space between his 2 eyes and get a cave si he can hide from the uvb when needed or rest. Here is a pic of what tank should look like. Remove any sand they ingest it use only paper towels or white terry cloths. Baths twice a week In dechlorinated water ans mist him a times a week. Order the cave basking rock so he can hide under it. Get some small cushions also and remove a lot of the junk in the tank. Place a small food and veggie bowl on the cold side

Attachments

• 88E189DD-D1F2-4895-B0B8-1FD0EF8A7BD3.jpeg
    88E189DD-D1F2-4895-B0B8-1FD0EF8A7BD3.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 9
  • 480E2829-D718-47D7-91D9-458C5DDE53EE.jpeg
    480E2829-D718-47D7-91D9-458C5DDE53EE.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 488A8578-044B-4C64-86E3-22036BDF2CC1.jpeg
    488A8578-044B-4C64-86E3-22036BDF2CC1.jpeg
    686 KB · Views: 9

Bchildree

Hatchling Dragon
Aww I am so sorry- I thought we had maybe gotten off to a start of recovery- I hate hearing this- it's heartbreaking when you try so hard to help them - he was so little :( -- please don't let this discourage you- no telling what was going on w/ him health wise- if and when you decide to get another dragon please get your tank disinfected w/ F10 a vet disinfectant or zoo meds wipeout - we don't know exactly what the cause was- if you need help again please ask - again my heart aches for you and fluffy
Thank you for your help I really appreciate it. We tried are best. I think he was to sick for his size and age by the time I reached out on here. Was very sad actually watched him take his last breath. My son also took it pretty hard. I will be buying again from a reputable breeder (not pet store) also not as young, and I will surely disinfect everything and listen to your recommendations. RIP Fluffy

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Fluffy didn’t make it :(
PLEASE DO NOT GET ANOTHER BEARDIE!!!! We rescue and rehome and U need alot of learning and schooling before getting another one. Look at the tank and what you were feeding him!! Superworms?? U cannot feed huge items like that to a baby, U are not to feed anything bigger than the space between his 2 eyes. He punctured his tummy & was impacted with the large items u fed. Also, u cannot feed till he has been baskign for at least a few hours. And the best proteins to feed are crickets and dubia roaches; if he's a year old or more u can add superworms & some hornworms as treats but in moderation cuz they are high in fat. Never ever feed mealworms, bottled food or spinach or carrots. Dust the Proteins in calcium 2-3 times per week and only once per day; sprinkle it like salt on fries. And everyday for life u also give a plate of greens & Veggies to munch on, place it on the cold side and replace when it gets wilted. Mustard and collard greens, yellow squash, butternut squash, endives are very good Do 2-3 of each and dice it up to size. Also, The tank is not set up properly, its congested, don't use sand, clean the poop rite away and u don't have the correct lighting. Did you read anything of what I wrote to you?????
Lights: U need a Zoomed CLEAR basking Bulb & a UVB Light which needs to be changed out every "6" Mnths religiously. The Best & most recommended for UVB is the REPTISUN 10.0 T5. The length u order needs to cover 70 percent of the tank and placed. Make sure hes at least 10inches or more away from the UVB and the heat and all UVB lights need replacing religiously every "6" Mnths or the beardie wont be able to move, walk or eat. Also, He needs a Hideaway to get away from the Uvb when necessary. All lights off at night for bedtime; they like it dark and quiet like humans. REmove all food and water bowls at nite and any food scraps in the tank. Leave theTv on during the day on soft mellow shows or cartoons they love to watch things. Baths twice a week and more when shedding in DECHLORINATED water. Buy reptisafe drops., chlorine dries their skin!! Please don't get another beardie till u have all this stuff. Also digital thermometer and hygometer and you need a 40-120 gallon tank for a beardie over 6mnths old. Temps for a beardie 7mnths or younger should be 100-105 as they get older they like it around 95-97. Please refrain from getting another one at this time. its not fair to the animal.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
U did not listen a while ago when you were instructed to get the Reptisun 10.0 T5 UVB long light and you want another beardie???? They CANNOT live without proper UVB & all UVB lights need replacing every 6mnths and never ever use coiled or colored bulbs because it burns their eyes and it needs to be 10 inches away minimum from them. ALSO, they need a Hideaway to get away from the UVB as needed. U need to invest money in order to properly care for an animal. Worst part is you didnt take him to a VET; Why??? U just let him suffer and die????

Bchildree

Hatchling Dragon
PLEASE DO NOT GET ANOTHER BEARDIE!!!! We rescue and rehome and U need alot of learning and schooling before getting another one. Look at the tank and what you were feeding him!! Superworms?? U cannot feed huge items like that to a baby, U are not to feed anything bigger than the space between his 2 eyes. He punctured his tummy & was impacted with the large items u fed. Also, u cannot feed till he has been baskign for at least a few hours. And the best proteins to feed are crickets and dubia roaches; if he's a year old or more u can add superworms & some hornworms as treats but in moderation cuz they are high in fat. Never ever feed mealworms, bottled food or spinach or carrots. Dust the Proteins in calcium 2-3 times per week and only once per day; sprinkle it like salt on fries. And everyday for life u also give a plate of greens & Veggies to munch on, place it on the cold side and replace when it gets wilted. Mustard and collard greens, yellow squash, butternut squash, endives are very good Do 2-3 of each and dice it up to size. Also, The tank is not set up properly, its congested, don't use sand, clean the poop rite away and u don't have the correct lighting. Did you read anything of what I wrote to you?????
Lights: U need a Zoomed CLEAR basking Bulb & a UVB Light which needs to be changed out every "6" Mnths religiously. The Best & most recommended for UVB is the REPTISUN 10.0 T5. The length u order needs to cover 70 percent of the tank and placed. Make sure hes at least 10inches or more away from the UVB and the heat and all UVB lights need replacing religiously every "6" Mnths or the beardie wont be able to move, walk or eat. Also, He needs a Hideaway to get away from the Uvb when necessary. All lights off at night for bedtime; they like it dark and quiet like humans. REmove all food and water bowls at nite and any food scraps in the tank. Leave theTv on during the day on soft mellow shows or cartoons they love to watch things. Baths twice a week and more when shedding in DECHLORINATED water. Buy reptisafe drops., chlorine dries their skin!! Please don't get another beardie till u have all this stuff. Also digital thermometer and hygometer and you need a 40-120 gallon tank for a beardie over 6mnths old. Temps for a beardie 7mnths or younger should be 100-105 as they get older they like it around 95-97. Please refrain from getting another one at this time. its not fair to the animal.
U did not listen a while ago when you were instructed to get the Reptisun 10.0 T5 UVB long light and you want another beardie???? They CANNOT live without proper UVB & all UVB lights need replacing every 6mnths and never ever use coiled or colored bulbs because it burns their eyes and it needs to be 10 inches away minimum from them. ALSO, they need a Hideaway to get away from the UVB as needed. U need to invest money in order to properly care for an animal. Worst part is you didnt take him to a VET; Why??? U just let him suffer and die????

I bought a sick bearded dragon from a pet store, he never ate any worms, and probably not any crickets either. You are absolutely zero help and have no idea what your talking about. You have no idea what stuff I bought and corrected. I would literally be a felon if I took your advice. I will get another one when I feel like it or whenever I’m ready. Your posting way to late to help fluffy anyway. I don’t you’re attempt at a guilt trip

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I bought a sick bearded dragon from a pet store, he never ate any worms, and probably not any crickets either. You are absolutely zero help and have no idea what your talking about. You have no idea what stuff I bought and corrected. I would literally be a felon if I took your advice. I will get another one when I feel like it or whenever I’m ready. Your posting way to late to help fluffy anyway. I don’t you’re attempt at a guilt trip
READ what I posted In detail paragraphs ago. Even when another blogger asked u if u got the Reptisun u said no. And if someoen is sick u take them to the vet!! Beardies cannot eat superworms as babies/hatchlings because it’s bigger than the space between their 2 eyes. Only small crickets and small Dubia roaches and they need to be fed proteins 4-5 times a day till they turn 4 mnths then u feed proteins 3 times a day. Get medium crickets as they get older then large crickets when he’s about 7mnths or so. Lights and temp need to be correct or they can’t digest food or absorb vitamin D. Both Lights on for 12-14 hours then off at nite and u need a 60watt ceramic heater for a hatchling to use when he is sleeping cuz temp should be between 80-84 till he turns 7mnths of age then u use the ceramic heat emitter only at nite in the winter mnths when he’s older if the temp in the tank drops below 70. We have saved 1000’s of Beardies u are talking to a rescuer. Again u read Nothign if u are talking about worms. He has no water; u did not bathe or mist him 2-3 times a day, wrong temperatures, incorrect UVB and tail rot from shed not being removed. Shed/skin needs water to get moist and fall off. U cannot use colored or coiled bulbs is the Sun red or blue??? No; it’s CLEAR. Poop needs to be cleaned up asap or the get Coccidia google it; it’s like love i. The tummy that spreads all over the tank. Look at my tanks and look at yours. Substrate u need whire terry cloth towels. He needs a hammock behind the basking spot and a shady area/a hideaway. Calcium and vitamin powder which are given on different days. Calcium once per day 3-4 times per week and the vitamin powder called herptivite once per day/week on a noncalcium day. Always change the long UvB out every 6 mnths religiosity. Here are pics a Beardie needs comfort and also digital thermometer and hygrometer Amd an infrared gun u buy at Home Depot and shine an inch away from basking spot to see the exact temp. It’s a lot of work the temps fluctuate depending on your house temp. Never place a Beardies tank under an AC vent. There are lots of rules and it’s a lot of work. Here are photos the Beardie with the fluffy cloth basking spot had MBD, brittle bones from a jerk who didn’t give her UVb she’s alive and happy and has brittle bones so I make it soft proof so she doesn’t injure herself.

Attachments

• 0597A237-9BDB-4849-A242-21901CF9C95A.jpeg
    0597A237-9BDB-4849-A242-21901CF9C95A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • 1DFDA635-D47E-4427-8C04-2CA2979896B8.jpeg
    1DFDA635-D47E-4427-8C04-2CA2979896B8.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • D42E6954-B226-4922-8F79-5E79CABE3B6A.jpeg
    D42E6954-B226-4922-8F79-5E79CABE3B6A.jpeg
    791 KB · Views: 5
  • 11196EF6-587D-4364-A75C-ABC7AF4D4A96.jpeg
    11196EF6-587D-4364-A75C-ABC7AF4D4A96.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 5
  • F92C0DBC-B2D0-4B87-AF98-6F3FCF3BC0BA.jpeg
    F92C0DBC-B2D0-4B87-AF98-6F3FCF3BC0BA.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • 401757EA-8F32-4296-A6CD-7A3DFC1DB70A.jpeg
    401757EA-8F32-4296-A6CD-7A3DFC1DB70A.jpeg
    338.1 KB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
READ what I posted In detail paragraphs ago. Even when another blogger asked u if u got the Reptisun u said no. And if someoen is sick u take them to the vet!! Beardies cannot eat superworms as babies/hatchlings because it’s bigger than the space between their 2 eyes. Only small crickets and small Dubia roaches and they need to be fed proteins 4-5 times a day till they turn 4 mnths then u feed proteins 3 times a day. Get medium crickets as they get older then large crickets when he’s about 7mnths or so. Lights and temp need to be correct or they can’t digest food or absorb vitamin D. Both Lights on for 12-14 hours then off at nite and u need a 60watt ceramic heater for a hatchling to use when he is sleeping cuz temp should be between 80-84 till he turns 7mnths of age then u use the ceramic heat emitter only at nite in the winter mnths when he’s older if the temp in the tank drops below 70. We have saved 1000’s of Beardies u are talking to a rescuer. Again u read Nothign if u are talking about worms. He has no water; u did not bathe or mist him 2-3 times a day, wrong temperatures, incorrect UVB and tail rot from shed not being removed. Shed/skin needs water to get moist and fall off. U cannot use colored or coiled bulbs is the Sun red or blue??? No; it’s CLEAR. Poop needs to be cleaned up asap or the get Coccidia google it; it’s like love i. The tummy that spreads all over the tank. Look at my tanks and look at yours. Substrate u need whire terry cloth towels. He needs a hammock behind the basking spot and a shady area/a hideaway. Calcium and vitamin powder which are given on different days. Calcium once per day 3-4 times per week and the vitamin powder called herptivite once per day/week on a noncalcium day. Always change the long UvB out every 6 mnths religiosity. Here are pics a Beardie needs comfort and also digital thermometer and hygrometer Amd an infrared gun u buy at Home Depot and shine an inch away from basking spot to see the exact temp. It’s a lot of work the temps fluctuate depending on your house temp. Never place a Beardies tank under an AC vent. There are lots of rules and it’s a lot of work. Here are photos the Beardie with the fluffy cloth basking spot had MBD, brittle bones from a jerk who didn’t give her UVb she’s alive and happy and has brittle bones so I make it soft proof so she doesn’t injure herself.
The dragon has passed away --- please quit heckling her -- the dragon was not well when she got him and we did all we could to save the little guy---

Bchildree

Hatchling Dragon
I literally did everything you said on here. I never put in super worms and the ones I did put in bowl not superworms he did not eat and we’re removed. Temperature and humidity spot on. It was monitored and verified with precise thermal imaging equipment and accurate thermometers and Psychrometer. I hadn’t got it because they asked the next day and I hadn’t at that time got that specific brand though I was still providing UVB with Brand new bulb. After first 3 days of not handing just attempting to feed calcium dusted crickets I started giving him baths. His condition still worsened and I tried everything to get him to eat but he didn’t have the strength and showed no interest.
Stop assuming you know everything I did.

Bchildree

Hatchling Dragon
I literally did everything you said on here. I never put in super worms and the ones I did put in bowl not superworms he did not eat and we’re removed. Temperature and humidity spot on. It was monitored and verified with precise thermal imaging equipment and accurate thermometers and Psychrometer. I hadn’t got it because they asked the next day and I hadn’t at that time got that specific brand though I was still providing UVB with Brand new bulb. After first 3 days of not handing just attempting to feed calcium dusted crickets I started giving him baths. His condition still worsened and I tried everything to get him to eat but he didn’t have the strength and showed no interest.
Stop assuming you know everything I did.
Also did not have colored lights and he always had clean bowl of water, at least twice everyday since day 1 offered water by dropping on nose. Misted tail multiple times to help with shedding (and baths a few days) I did not try to rub it off.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The dragon has passed away --- please quit heckling her -- the dragon was not well when she got him and we did all we could to save the little guy---
Sadie STOP u offer info as if u are a rescuer or knwk but u are not. She never even sprayed the Beardie and u don’t even beleive in baths for a Beardie that’s insane. U need to spray the shedding skin and moisten the shed around eye area and everywhere to help it fall off or easily help it carefully and bathe them. There were many thigns she didn’t do like example she never got the Reptisun long uvb bulb that we all told her to get

Latest posts