• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings Everyone

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
Well she's got tooooo big - I ordered a 120 gallon Vivarium 48x24x24

She's really liking it so far and has so much more room ....

Attachments

• 20240119_164735.jpg
    20240119_164735.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well she's got tooooo big - I ordered a 120 gallon Vivarium 48x24x24

She's really liking it so far and has so much more room ....
Tank looks good ---- is your UVB unobstructed?

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
Some bad news for today as my little baby dragon left the planet and rose to the stars. I have no idea what happened but she was dead on arrival when i got home. She hadn't eaten for the last 2 days but I didn't think anything was wrong because of that because sometimes they wont eat. But she was very lethargic the past few days and didnt move much at all.. The temperature is currently 97 degrees and has been stable, she was eating up until the last 2 days.. I think Compaction may be the culprit, she was struggling to even breath and her stomach was contorting. Rest with the Dragons Daenarys !!!

Attachments

• dead lizard.jpg
    dead lizard.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Some bad news for today as my little baby dragon left the planet and rose to the stars. I have no idea what happened but she was dead on arrival when i got home. She hadn't eaten for the last 2 days but I didn't think anything was wrong because of that because sometimes they wont eat. But she was very lethargic the past few days and didnt move much at all.. The temperature is currently 97 degrees and has been stable, she was eating up until the last 2 days.. I think Compaction may be the culprit, she was struggling to even breath and her stomach was contorting. Rest with the Dragons Daenarys !!!
I am so sorry to hear about your dragon---- that is a shock to come home and find them like that and not know what is happening-- was there any black bearding going on and when was the last time she pooped? Why do you think it was compaction?

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
I am so sorry to hear about your dragon---- that is a shock to come home and find them like that and not know what is happening-- was there any black bearding going on and when was the last time she pooped? Why do you think it was compaction?

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
Yea she had black gills and half of her tail turned black, I assumed compaction because she was struggling to breath but I honestly don't know. She just appeared to be having a very hard time breathing, she ate some crickets and salad about 2 days before she died.

She pooped or puked the day she passed away, I picked her up to clean out her cage that's when I noticed she had the black tail and gills. When I got back home she was gone.

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
So she has now been returned to the earth and in the flower garden - gone but not forgotten, I'm cleaning out the tank in hopes I can get a new Dragon today.

Attachments

• rip.jpg
    rip.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea she had black gills and half of her tail turned black, I assumed compaction because she was struggling to breath but I honestly don't know. She just appeared to be having a very hard time breathing, she ate some crickets and salad about 2 days before she died.

She pooped or puked the day she passed away, I picked her up to clean out her cage that's when I noticed she had the black tail and gills. When I got back home she was gone.
So her beard was black? Distress or pain is what causes that- black tail? Was it shed or did she have an injury on the tail?

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
So her beard was black? Distress or pain is what causes that- black tail? Was it shed or did she have an injury on the tail?
no injury I was aware of but I googled it and read that it was from stress, which she definitely had signs of that.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
no injury I was aware of but I googled it and read that it was from stress, which she definitely had signs of that.
That is so strange for her to just kill over like that--- I am floored -- and so very sorry too -- it makes my heart break to see her like that -- I have no idea of what would of caused that --- w/ her having a hard time breathing that could of been a RI but I dont think it would of caused death -

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So sorry to hear about your loss. What a shame. They are resting easy now <3
Sending hugs and thoughts

Latest posts