• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings Everyone

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
iF i PUT A SMALL FAN IN THE TANK WILL THAT LOWER THE HUMITY ?? OOOPD CAPS..
That's ok- you do not want your humidity any lower - no fans in the tank-- optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing lower than 20%

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
OK so I have another question.. My Lizard Basking Temps.. I put a wood log in the tank that has real bark on it because I had an old fish tank rock that was smooth and she couldnt scrape her skin off. Shes molted twice since Ive done this. I can lay the log 2 ways - on the side its showing a temperature of 99 and if I turn it the other way its 105.5 .. I think shes about 6 months old and wondering what the ideal basking temps are as shes eating erradically.. Sometimes she eats everything I put in the tank , other times she wont eat at all for 2-3 days.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK so I have another question.. My Lizard Basking Temps.. I put a wood log in the tank that has real bark on it because I had an old fish tank rock that was smooth and she couldnt scrape her skin off. Shes molted twice since Ive done this. I can lay the log 2 ways - on the side its showing a temperature of 99 and if I turn it the other way its 105.5 .. I think shes about 6 months old and wondering what the ideal basking temps are as shes eating erradically.. Sometimes she eats everything I put in the tank , other times she wont eat at all for 2-3 days.
How are you getting the surface basking temps--

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
How are you getting the surface basking temps--
I have a digital thermometer that I lay down where she basks and let it sit there for about 5 mintes or until I notice the temperature not changing any longer.. Usually takes about 5-6 minutes...

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a digital thermometer that I lay down where she basks and let it sit there for about 5 mintes or until I notice the temperature not changing any longer.. Usually takes about 5-6 minutes...
Ideal temp would be 95-100

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
Ideal temp would be 95-100
Hmm OK - well the temps are fine - why does she not eat then ?? I have an Arcadia Pro t-5 Hood lamp that's less than 6 months old ...SHe still refuses to eat salad in any form. I even put dubia roaches or silkworms in with the salad and then I throw it out everyday ...

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmm OK - well the temps are fine - why does she not eat then ?? I have an Arcadia Pro t-5 Hood lamp that's less than 6 months old ...SHe still refuses to eat salad in any form. I even put dubia roaches or silkworms in with the salad and then I throw it out everyday ...
They are stubborn took my 5 year old to just start eating salads this year-- he now eats them more than ever before - I have been just putting them in his tank offering them-- I tried silkworms everything as well just be relentless - did we go over placement of the uvb

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
They are stubborn took my 5 year old to just start eating salads this year-- he now eats them more than ever before - I have been just putting them in his tank offering them-- I tried silkworms everything as well just be relentless - did we go over placement of the uvb
yea u told me already

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
And it finally happened - put a bowl of salad in today with some small mealworms and she was looking at me and the bowl. Then she jumped down and ate a worm and had at least 4 bites of the salad. So she seems to like the worms better than crickets now. She will also eat Dubia Roaches when I can find them...

Attachments

• 20230328_182616_HDR.jpg
    20230328_182616_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
And it finally happened - put a bowl of salad in today with some small mealworms and she was looking at me and the bowl. Then she jumped down and ate a worm and had at least 4 bites of the salad. So she seems to like the worms better than crickets now. She will also eat Dubia Roaches when I can find them...
Here is a website for roaches -- she looks to young to eat meal worms --- please dont feed -- exoskeleton is too harsh on babies stomachs
www.dubiaroaches.com
www.abdragons.com
www.reptilianarts.com
www.mulberryfarms.com
www.symtonbsf.com I would get her some BSFL also known as nutri grubs -- phoenix worms-- calci worms also you can feed super worms on the salad like 1-3 and horn worms they are a good hydration worm grow fast order small amounts and feed every day 1-2
some of the websites I posted have them --- you will need a dish that they cant get out of something like this
https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
Hi - yea so I tried the BSFLs - she didnt like them and I ended up dumping the rest in the flowers. Shes eating fine now including her salad that I put in every morning with a few wax worms. she still likes crickets and eats at least 20 a day. I just upgraded to bigger ones and she eats 10-15 of them a day. Pooping everyday and getting a lot bigger than when I got her. I think its all good. Now I havent taken her out of the tank for a few weeks and no bath for a while. She molted several times so far so how long do I wait to give her a bath ?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi - yea so I tried the BSFLs - she didnt like them and I ended up dumping the rest in the flowers. Shes eating fine now including her salad that I put in every morning with a few wax worms. she still likes crickets and eats at least 20 a day. I just upgraded to bigger ones and she eats 10-15 of them a day. Pooping everyday and getting a lot bigger than when I got her. I think its all good. Now I havent taken her out of the tank for a few weeks and no bath for a while. She molted several times so far so how long do I wait to give her a bath ?
Dragons don't need bathing unless they poop themselves or actually drink from the baths- I give my guys water by spraying their heads and have the water drip down their nose - less risk of the aspirating- they also get water from rinsing their greens - too many baths can cause their scales to dry out

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
Ok - I havent bathed her in a long time and she seems to finally enjoy her salads... I ended up getting Kale and she eats it every day now... Getting much bigger and shes molting again ...

Attachments

• 20230430_142751.jpg
    20230430_142751.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 20230430_142744.jpg
    20230430_142744.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok - I havent bathed her in a long time and she seems to finally enjoy her salads... I ended up getting Kale and she eats it every day now... Getting much bigger and shes molting again ...
Yes shes got a full body shed going on -- great you found something she likes and kale is good for her --

Eddie

Hatchling Dragon
Optimal humidity is 40-50% taken w/ a digital probe hygrometer on the back center wall of the tank -- heat combo light has a what in it? Colored bulb? Or a ceramic heat emitter ? If that UVB is a coil please get rid of it -- reptile light?? they sleep in the craziest places and positions -- please no more baths for now - its going to stress her out too much --- drop water on her nose about 2 times week for now --- she needs to adjust to her tank and surroundings and please NO more meal worms the exoskeleton is too harsh on babies stomachs --- please feed salads every morning http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale info it is outdated --- she needs to be started on salads now - you can get some BSFL from here www.symtonbsf.com and you will need a ceramic bowl to keep them in https://www.amazon.com/MACGOAL-Rept...uGQB&pd_rd_wg=tLkwE&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_d
let me know if you need more help --- the long tube fixture has certain placement and distance - screen on the tank determines this
Hi sorry when you say ignore the kale it’s outdated do you mean they can have it or they can’t ??

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi sorry when you say ignore the kale it’s outdated do you mean they can have it or they can’t ??
Yes its a good staple - they did a study on it and have found its better than collard greens so yes feed it

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
Danaerys is getting so big now - added some new decorations and a hammock. Shes all over the tank running, climbing, and eating...

Attachments

• 20231230_101333.jpg
    20231230_101333.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts