• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Emergency bearded dragon broken back

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so did you get it set up ? You want it unobstructed 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece -- how is he doing is he walking -- doing any climbing ? eating?
Also, I won’t be able to keep an eye on him when he’s awake due to me having a night job. I’m still worried about the possibility of him flipping, what should I do to limit the risk of that as much as possible?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also, I won’t be able to keep an eye on him when he’s awake due to me having a night job. I’m still worried about the possibility of him flipping, what should I do to limit the risk of that as much as possible?
Ok so hes awake during the day ---- keep your basking surface low so hes not having to climb this will reduce the risk of him flipping over -- please show me your screen from the top --- in one of the pictures it looks like its a wide hole type- then we can go from there -- please get your tank off the floor if its sitting on the floor- -- I would use one dish towel roll it up and place under the UVB and your basking light- you may haft to take the screen off to let the UVB rays in but I need to see the screen first

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so hes awake during the day ---- keep your basking surface low so hes not having to climb this will reduce the risk of him flipping over -- please show me your screen from the top --- in one of the pictures it looks like its a wide hole type- then we can go from there -- please get your tank off the floor if its sitting on the floor- -- I would use one dish towel roll it up and place under the UVB and your basking light- you may haft to take the screen off to let the UVB rays in but I need to see the screen first
Why should I take it off the floor? And here’s the screen, I’m about to reorganize the tank to it’s smooth for him, he likes moving and being closer to the light

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 7

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Your screen is a wide hole -- it can stay on top have the rolled up towels directly under it 8-10 inches -- I would go closer to 8--

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon
Your screen is a wide hole -- it can stay on top have the rolled up towels directly under it 8-10 inches -- I would go closer to 8--
I was sleeping and flipped :(. He’s fine but before we was pulling down the corners causing him to flip so I taped it but he still flipped, I’ve even seen him do it on total flat when he’s trying to glass surf. Is there something I could put on him to stop him from flipping?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was sleeping and flipped :(. He’s fine but before we was pulling down the corners causing him to flip so I taped it but he still flipped, I’ve even seen him do it on total flat when he’s trying to glass surf. Is there something I could put on him to stop him from flipping?
I have no idea we need to get some medical advice on this ---- I am gonna send your post to Tracie shes the vet tech- lets see if there is something else you can do --

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

If he is flipping when trying to climb or turn around, you can try removing all furniture in there right now &
just have a soft blankie on the bottom. If you do that, you will need to be sure the basking light & UVB are
at the proper distance so he still gets the warmth needed.
How often does he flip himself over, is he doing well otherwise?

Tracie

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

If he is flipping when trying to climb or turn around, you can try removing all furniture in there right now &
just have a soft blankie on the bottom. If you do that, you will need to be sure the basking light & UVB are

Tracie
Sorry for late replies. Yes he’s doing well aside from the flipping, he doesn’t do it often thankfully, but he’s done it a couple times, maybe 3 since last post

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Tracie
I’m also still concerned about his pooping, as well today he may have eaten a brown recluse :(

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Oh no, well that probably isn't the greatest. Can you get some activated charcoal into him? If not, you
can give cilantro, parsley, basil & mint mixed up to help with detoxing, also.
Please keep us posted on him. I hope he is doing better.

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Oh no, well that probably isn't the greatest. Can you get some activated charcoal into him? If not, you
can give cilantro, parsley, basil & mint mixed up to help with detoxing, also.
Please keep us posted on him. I hope he is doing better.
Hi,

Activated charcoal? I can definitely get him everything else and give it to him tomorrow. That’s a very big concern of mine since he potentially hasn’t had fresh poop, only old. I’ve been giving him a lot I can find about helping them poop, and he’s doing well now in terms of demeanor and such

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
So about him eating a venomous spider...venom and toxins are two similar but very different things. Just because something is venomous does not make it toxic to consume, it is about how it get introduced into the system. In general venom molecules would be too big to be absorbed so they are injected to be effective. Now that doesn't mean you need to eat venomous spiders, but he should be fine.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi,

Activated charcoal? I can definitely get him everything else and give it to him tomorrow. That’s a very big concern of mine since he potentially hasn’t had fresh poop, only old. I’ve been giving him a lot I can find about helping them poop, and he’s doing well now in terms of demeanor and such
Feed him some baby food pumpkin that will make him poop