• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Emergency bearded dragon broken back

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon
Outside time is good - laying on you in direct sunlight for as long as you can - get him out everyday for 30 min or so - who did you order from? The ones I posted are all good uvbs
What if I move his tank outside during the day so he can be getting as much natural light as possible before the lights arrive?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What if I move his tank outside during the day so he can be getting as much natural light as possible before the lights arrive?
No!!!- it's glass and will get too hot - you need to supervise him if you put him in a plastic tote w/ no lid -- you can place him in partial sun/ shade but you need to watch him predators!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He’s doing well, acting very energetic like he usually does, sleeping peacefully, and seeming happy throughout the day. Biggest concern is that he hasn’t pooped still
That is good to know --- if you need him to poop get some baby food pumpkin feed till he poops - update on UVB this is crucial

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon
Hey, update, i was giving him outside time, then I brought him in for a bit so I could get water and he pooped, but then I think he almost pooped out some of his insides :(. It got sucked back in now but I’m worried

Attachments

• 2EB8F1AC-EA51-4545-872E-A0984A196BF8.jpeg
    2EB8F1AC-EA51-4545-872E-A0984A196BF8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 21

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, update, i was giving him outside time, then I brought him in for a bit so I could get water and he pooped, but then I think he almost pooped out some of his insides :(. It got sucked back in now but I’m worried
Ok I need help w/ this -- let me get back w/ you - they usually recommend sugar baths- but I need to check

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok I need help w/ this -- let me get back w/ you - they usually recommend sugar baths- but I need to check
Hers what she has recommended
That's his hemi-pene [ penis ] It went back in so that's good, it happens with them sometimes. If it ever happens again + doesn't go back you can do a short soak in sugar water or slather some honey on it. Keep him hydrated so he doesn't have to use a lot of force to push out his poo.

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon
Hers what she has recommended
That's his hemi-pene [ penis ] It went back in so that's good, it happens with them sometimes. If it ever happens again + doesn't go back you can do a short soak in sugar water or slather some honey on it. Keep him hydrated so he doesn't have to use a lot of force to push out his poo.
Okay thank you! I’ve been giving him stuff to help him poop, I’m really glad it did since it had been over a week. I’ll keep an eye on him, but in terms of demeanor and everything he’s doing better and better!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay thank you! I’ve been giving him stuff to help him poop, I’m really glad it did since it had been over a week. I’ll keep an eye on him, but in terms of demeanor and everything he’s doing better and better!
Keep him hydrated and it will help w/ the poops -- older dragons do not poop as often it is not uncommon for them to not poop for weeks- but hes got to stay hydrrated -- feed him some horn worms 1-2 it will help w/ hydration

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon
Keep him hydrated and it will help w/ the poops -- older dragons do not poop as often it is not uncommon for them to not poop for weeks- but hes got to stay hydrrated -- feed him some horn worms 1-2 it will help w/ hydration
I have been making sure to keep him hydrated, and I’ll get him some horn worms.
Unfortunately Pangea reptiles refunded the hood . I reordered and I’m making sure to give him lots of sunlight.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have been making sure to keep him hydrated, and I’ll get him some horn worms.
Unfortunately Pangea reptiles refunded the hood . I reordered and I’m making sure to give him lots of sunlight.
you reordered from where? and yes outside time is great till the other UVB comes -- are you still using the towels you set up for him?

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon
you reordered from where? and yes outside time is great till the other UVB comes -- are you still using the towels you set up for him?
Yep! I have readjusted the setup so there’s less chance of him falling. And I reordered the same hood from lllreptiles

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep! I have readjusted the setup so there’s less chance of him falling. And I reordered the same hood from lllreptiles
Ok make sure you get the reptisun 10.0 bulb I posted as well- the 5.0 is more for aquarium use

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok so did you get it set up ? You want it unobstructed 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece -- how is he doing is he walking -- doing any climbing ? eating?

Stonetoady

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so did you get it set up ? You want it unobstructed 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece -- how is he doing is he walking -- doing any climbing ? eating?
Sorry for late reply, been busy. How do I have it unobstructed? I’m laying it on top of the cover. I don’t know how else I would set it up + lamp without it. He’s been eating, walking, climbing, all of it!