• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Considering a dragon.... Questions.

magpie

Hatchling Dragon
Thanks! I’m super excited! I get him Tuesday.

I have a digital temp gun coming
From amazon. Everything else I’m going to wait and see.

I’ll start a thread for him and I guarantee I’ll have questions! ;)

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
This forum has been such a great resource for me! I always find forums the most helpful when it comes to getting real information from real people no matter what the topic is. What did we do pre-internet??
I agree [emoji817]%

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
Is this the correct Arcadia T5 bulb?
http://www.pangeareptile.com/store/arcadia-12-uvb-t5-reptile-bulb.html

And it should work with this fixture, correct?
https://www.petmountain.com/product...eptisun-t5-ho-high-output-terrarium-hood.html

AND the UVB should be the entire length of the enclosure ideally, right?
That looks like the correct lighting to me. And I think it should work with the fixture, I didn't figure out much off the information but it does look like it'll work

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
There's also this hood, which is quite a bit cheaper, but it seems like it should match with the bulb...
http://www.reptilebasics.com/t5-light-fixtures/t5-ho-single-bulb-light-strip-48/

Same company has the Arcadia bulbs..
http://www.reptilebasics.com/arcadia-desert-12-uvb/arcadia-d3-12-uvb-t5-bulb-46/
The first one specifically says no uvb so you'll have to compensate for that, the second one looks about the same as the other lamps from your previous post honestly. As long as they are getting a good source of uvb then it's a good lamp. And the UVA is just so that basically they aren't colorblind to their environment lol

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
T5 fixtures should fit any T5 bulbs. Arcadia bulbs are good bulbs!
I have the Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 set up and yes it comes with a 5.0 bulb that i use for emergency usage in case 1 of my 10.0 bulbs break.
Yes you want the UVB to span the length or min of 2/3rds.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Hdrydr31 beat me too it! Yes those are good fixtures and the Arcadia bulbs are amazing. I've had mine for a year now and still giving off good UVB even through mesh. I like the ZooMed Slim fixture because it's flat and Zoomed has real good customer service. When I bought my fixture one of the ballasts blew about a month later and I called them and emailed them a copy of my online receipt (I bought it from Dr. Foster Smith) and they sent me a whole new one.

The UVB light should cover at least 2/3's of the tank but I like the look of it covering the whole tank. I have a hide on the cool side of the tank and they also hide under their Lizard lounger. UVB doesn't penetrate hammocks or decor so if they are under something, they aren't getting UVB.

magpie

Hatchling Dragon
Awesome, thanks for the info!

So they like the Lizard Loungers? I like the looks of those aesthetically.

I already have a vet appt set up for him Wednesday evening. :) Really hoping that he's baseline healthy, but just needs a bit of a boost in care to flourish.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awesome, thanks for the info!

So they like the Lizard Loungers? I like the looks of those aesthetically.

I already have a vet appt set up for him Wednesday evening. :) Really hoping that he's baseline healthy, but just needs a bit of a boost in care to flourish.
Mine Love their loungers!

magpie

Hatchling Dragon
I had a fever yesterday, so I didn't go over as I didn't want to get everyone sick.

Calvin date has been moved to Saturday.

Latest posts