• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A broader Spectrum

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
DragonMom
I pm'd you his info. I'm sure he'll be glad to tell you what he knows.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I order my supplies from Veronica, because i stand behind her rescue and I might as well donate to it vs. some retail chain. Either way i have to buy slides and coverslips.

I buy fecasol by the gallon from a specific site. And I purchase my scopes elsewhere. But her prices aren't unreasonable.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
veronica is who i order all my calcium multivitamins and cleaning supplies from (well most of it) for the same reason.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im just like you gina, always out to learn more and since im in school to be a vet assistant im learning so much on parasites and how to test for them (although i already know)....im amazed by all animals especially reptiles and luckily my classes get into specific animal types and the different aspects of them...i love it and i intend on buying those books you posted above (once money is a little better) and as far as genetics...one of the things i was always good with in school...i was/am such a science geek and i have no shame in admitting it :D

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I didn't mean to imply that there was no degree.........only that it's an advanced academic degree. Most are college professors or scientists of some kind. Museums, zoos, natural wildlife preservations and places like that employ them.

Those books are awesome. I've got a few more........but those are a must have.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Candice is one that could get her degree in animal science........then specialize in herpetology by her own personal drive.

I found my AA degree didn't much for me other than confuse me as to why I couldn't get the job I wanted. My BA cleared that up. I'll let you know when i accomplish my Masters. If we're all still kickin.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
Candice is one that could get her degree in animal science........then specialize in herpetology by her own personal drive.

I found my AA degree didn't much for me other than confuse me as to why I couldn't get the job I wanted. My BA cleared that up. I'll let you know when i accomplish my Masters. If we're all still kickin.
eventually i would LOVEEEE to specialize in herpetology...my ultimate dream other than owning my own reptile shop thats run correctly in the animals favor

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ultimately i want to run a animal rescue (after i get out of the military) right now i have two associates degrees, one in sociology and one in computer graphics. My bachelors is human resources management, and my masters will be healthcare admin but thats all because its the path i need to take for the officer program i want to pursue in the navy.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL........that's ok. A little obsession in all of us is good.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
LOL........that's ok. A little obsession in all of us is good.
agreed! an obsession/addiction to knowledge and a good hobby is much better than a bad one

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
back when i was in high school i attributed my ability to avoid trouble and most drugs was due to my extreme facination and love of car audio. (a hobby that i still dabble in to this day).
Hobby obsessions are a wonderful thing to have.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Whatever the hobby, as long as it's good for you......then it's good for the mind, the body and the spirit.
My hobbies started simply enough.......animals..........all animals. Then I became more and more curious as to why some animals were different to others both in nature, and the way their bodies functioned.
My family rescued igs for years.....and we had constrictors, and you know what a HUGE difference that was compared to horses, cows, chickens and pigs. From that it took on a scientific approach as i questioned everything i saw.
My inquisitive nature as a youngun was endless, and i must've drove my parents insane. I had microscopes and equipment I knew how to use at 15. Kewl to me...........quite geekish to the people that came over tho.

Try to remember, this was loooooooooooong before the days of forums and internet.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Candice............
out of curiousity, have you ventured into necropsy at all?

Latest posts