• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Worried about Ziggy ... not eating greens, trouble moving

ZiggysDaddy01

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes that is what I just posted but I think the one I posted was a $3 cheaper or so but that is what you want
I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but would you maybe be able to post a picture - if you have one - of the light fixture hanging, so I can see what you mean? If not, I understand. Thanks.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you. Do you know the best way to get the light and hood we need? I am looking on PetSmart.com now, and it's confusing - they don't really say whether a bulb is T5 or T8 - they only say it's 10.0.

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but would you maybe be able to post a picture - if you have one - of the light fixture hanging, so I can see what you mean? If not, I understand. Thanks.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Blazes tank

Attachments

• Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    Blaze tank 12-29-2020.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 12

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
Blazes tank
I'm still confused on how you get a basking spot under both lights. My hood is towards the back with varied height of basking spots but the main spot he uses is 111 degrees basking & having the "rays" of the uvb since it is directly under the bask bulb & not the hood.
Your pic shows blaze Will either bask or be under uvb but not both at the same time. So that works? (Nice setup btw)
Why does Ziggy need t5 inside tank? I was told on this site that my t5/10 is too strong inside tank & should be above large holes screen. Am I doing it wrong?
THERE IS SOO MUCH TO LEARN...

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm still confused on how you get a basking spot under both lights. My hood is towards the back with varied height of basking spots but the main spot he uses is 111 degrees basking & having the "rays" of the uvb since it is directly under the bask bulb & not the hood.
Your pic shows blaze Will either bask or be under uvb but not both at the same time. So that works? (Nice setup btw)
Why does Ziggy need t5 inside tank? I was told on this site that my t5/10 is too strong inside tank & should be above large holes screen. Am I doing it wrong?
THERE IS SOO MUCH TO LEARN...
You can have the UVB on top.of screen if you have wider holes but w/ ziggy having the issues he is I would recommend getting it inside the tank and since he's not climbing he needs to be accomadated for that - it does not haft to be next to the basking area if you can't get it next to it try and get it set up as close to the basking light as possible- 111 seems a little too hot for his age most older dragons like it between 95-100- yes blaze goes back and forth between the two lights- so does my other one hiccup

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
You can have the UVB on top.of screen if you have wider holes but w/ ziggy having the issues he is I would recommend getting it inside the tank and since he's not climbing he needs to be accomadated for that - it does not haft to be next to the basking area if you can't get it next to it try and get it set up as close to the basking light as possible- 111 seems a little too hot for his age most older dragons like it between 95-100- yes blaze goes back and forth between the two lights- so does my other one hiccup
Hiccup-I like that! I've been stressing trying to get both lights over where mine basks so thanx for clarifying!
My bask spot is ugh. Can't get a good temp. I'm using 75 watt with 8" away & get that 111 temp. Anything lower watt prob not gonna be high enuf temps. Tried putting a lower basking branch but he likes the one mopani branch & then isn't under the bulb. He moves on it so I'm assuming he is regulating it but don't know what else to get a better temp. I got him early Jan. so figure he's 3 to 4 months. He wasn't real small like I've seen in pet stores so 7/8 weeks early jan
Can you answer a question? What size Dubai? The small I get is 1/4 to 1/8" & kinda tiny now. Some are a good size but they mostly ship tiny. My next order I'm thinking med but it's 1/2 to 3/8". He has 1/2" or so between the eyes but will they be too big?
Trying to research breeding em but not sure on heat cable, versus, tape or pad & what size/watt etc. Just not enough time in a day to look it up. Damn expensive lil buggers..
Hey thanx!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hiccup-I like that! I've been stressing trying to get both lights over where mine basks so thanx for clarifying!
My bask spot is ugh. Can't get a good temp. I'm using 75 watt with 8" away & get that 111 temp. Anything lower watt prob not gonna be high enuf temps. Tried putting a lower basking branch but he likes the one mopani branch & then isn't under the bulb. He moves on it so I'm assuming he is regulating it but don't know what else to get a better temp. I got him early Jan. so figure he's 3 to 4 months. He wasn't real small like I've seen in pet stores so 7/8 weeks early jan
Can you answer a question? What size Dubai? The small I get is 1/4 to 1/8" & kinda tiny now. Some are a good size but they mostly ship tiny. My next order I'm thinking med but it's 1/2 to 3/8". He has 1/2" or so between the eyes but will they be too big?
Trying to research breeding em but not sure on heat cable, versus, tape or pad & what size/watt etc. Just not enough time in a day to look it up. Damn expensive lil buggers..
Hey thanx!!
Ziggy is a year old--- is he having issues chewing? If not he should be eating roaches 1 inch- if not a little bigger- I am confused on age- at begining of post you said he was a yr? Are you using a digital probe thermometer to get basking temps? The size your feeding is for a 4 month old or so

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
Ziggy is a year old--- is he having issues chewing? If not he should be eating roaches 1 inch- if not a little bigger- I am confused on age- at begining of post you said he was a yr? Are you using a digital probe thermometer to get basking temps? The size your feeding is for a 4 month old or so
Mine is 3 or 4 months old. Mine has no issues & I'm hoping to keep it that way. Yes I use a vivarium electronics probe to get the temps.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Mine is 3 or 4 months old. Mine has no issues & I'm hoping to keep it that way. Yes I use a vivarium electronics probe to get the temps.
Ok so post a pic of him and the roaches your feeding please

2Pacalypse

Juvenile Dragon
Ok so post a pic of him and the roaches your feeding please
I took this yesterday, he was fascinated by a stinkbug on the outside glass. The roaches in feeding are 1/4" to 1/8"
They are small & he always wants more. Wondering if the next size
1/2" to 3/8" is too big?
Don't have a pic of them (they are sleeping)

Attachments

• 03352C9C-0EC8-4E3C-B7AB-FA95D41429C3.jpeg
    03352C9C-0EC8-4E3C-B7AB-FA95D41429C3.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I took this yesterday, he was fascinated by a stinkbug on the outside glass. The roaches in feeding are 1/4" to 1/8"
They are small & he always wants more. Wondering if the next size
1/2" to 3/8" is too big?
Don't have a pic of them (they are sleeping)
He's big enough for 1/2 inch for sure- the insect should not be bigger than the space between his eyes length wise

ZiggysDaddy01

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah - Ziggy is my dragon, and he's a little over a year old now. We've been hand/syringe feeding him, and he seems to be doing a little better. Got the new light to set up, so now we just need to get some zip ties to hang it. I'm hopeful.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah - Ziggy is my dragon, and he's a little over a year old now. We've been hand/syringe feeding him, and he seems to be doing a little better. Got the new light to set up, so now we just need to get some zip ties to hang it. I'm hopeful.
What light did you get so I can help place it?

ZiggysDaddy01

Bearded Dragon Egg
What light did you get so I can help place it?
It was the one I mentioned before - T5 10.0. I think we were talking about how I should hang it down from the top of the tank, since he isn't able (yet) to climb up on things to get the full benefit of the light.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It was the one I mentioned before - T5 10.0. I think we were talking about how I should hang it down from the top of the tank, since he isn't able (yet) to climb up on things to get the full benefit of the light.
Ok so get it inside the tank and get it to the 12-15 inches directly below a piece of decor -- one he can easily get on -- or make it low enough he doesnt need to climb on anything and he can sit under it w/ the distance I gave -- use this to hang it w/ this I think would work the best https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
This would work great as you can easily lower or raise the fixture this is like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around your hood

Latest posts