• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where'd everybody go?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
it's been a long month. Lemme tell ya...................................................

On May 27, I left North Carolina headed north to participate in a peaceful protest. Yep, that’s right……I am a hippy. After the 11.5 hours drive and a short spell of sleep, I joined the group I went to meet. Our protest was good, drew attention, but was peaceful. Unfortunately, there’s an idiot in every crowd. Some pissed off who-ha in a big 4WD SUV decided to shoot into the crowd blindly and I was one of 7 that got hit. None of us fatal.

On that Saturday, May 29, my brother also had a massive heart attack, kidney failure and went into a diabetic coma while I was unconscious in some hospital where they didn’t know my name. (baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea to not carry ID). When I woke up Sunday night and located a seriously over run message system on my phone I found out what happened. The next morning the doctors came in to talk to me about removing the bullet from my groin, and wanted to cut me from appetite to *******. Since they didn’t know beans about me, my immune system or apparently guns, I declined their services and checked myself out that evening with the minor infection that was setting up in the wound. Yeah me right!!!!!

Several hours into my trip back down south, I was instructed to go to where my family lives due to an emergency. This is where I spent the next 3 weeks dealing with some personal issues.

After a minor surgery and some heavy duty antibiotics I’m back on my feet and I suppose you could call this healing. Funny how the doc’s version of fine, and mine of “hurts like hell” have the same meaning.

While I was away for almost a month, I managed to sell off a lot of my stock or move it. I’m actually down a few hundred animals and only have a few left. Funny how things sneak up on you.

5 dragons
23 gex (of all species)
3 collards
3 pd frogs
5 balls
7 corns
4 boas

I gotta tell ya......it's been a h_ll of a ride.

Wow when you said you had been "dealing with some things" I didn't quite expect it to be that extent.
Glad you are healing, I never been shot directly, grazed once but thats a different animal entirely. Congrats on rehoming your animals.
I didn't notice any further info in regards to your brother. Has he come out of the coma?

I wish you all the best.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
GOOD GRIEF GINA!!! :eek:

I am speechless!! And that's saying something!! :eek:

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
oops. Yes Brian.
Kevin came out of the coma on the 5th and dialysis jump started his kidney function. He arrived back at my father's house on the 17th of June following some basic surgery for stints and stuff like that. He's far too young to be dealing with this now.

It's really difficult to watch my animals go. My brother took my giants over the weekend in order to continue my observations and testing data I've been working on so long. I couldn't fathom losing it.

thankx for the well wishes. it's all good.

Vesta
But you're not without !!!!!!!!! LOL
luvs ya hon

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
oops. Yes Brian.
Kevin came out of the coma on the 5th and dialysis jump started his kidney function. He arrived back at my father's house on the 17th of June following some basic surgery for stints and stuff like that. He's far too young to be dealing with this now.

It's really difficult to watch my animals go. My brother took my giants over the weekend in order to continue my observations and testing data I've been working on so long. I couldn't fathom losing it.

thankx for the well wishes. it's all good.

Vesta
But you're not without !!!!!!!!! LOL
luvs ya hon

Good just making sure
Sorry you had to move your giants out. I hope your brother is able to continue the work for you and hopefully continue the line as it would be ashamed to lose the only real giant line that I know of.

Good luck with everything hun.

Oh I went to the June Gilla show here and it was the smallest show I have seen. Going to another this saturday in Baton rouge, its the first time for this one we will see how it turns out.

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow Gina, just WOW! :eek:

I am glad that you are doing ok now, and are back here with us. (hugs)

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
With luck I'll import 2 males this year in September. Without the males, the line will end as I have raised it. I had issues producing males the last 3 years. I had 4 and sold them when they were only 6 weeks old.

I believe he'll continue the observations. Most of them are almost complete anyways. And they fit in nicely with his agamids.

Jiffy
Thanks hon. I think I'm never going up north again!!!!! lol

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow...well Gina I just don't know what to say other than "THANK GOD" you are okay. I KNEW something was up. I just knew it. I said it to Vesta, Donna and Laura when I spoke with them. I hadn't heard from you other than a few little blips, just not like you.

I am so glad that your brother is doing better and you are healing from the (I can't believe I am saying this) gunshot injury. ??? ??? Girl.......you need to stay at home, lol! Really though, very happy you are okay.

We will definitely need to chat real soon. Just let me know when it is good for you.

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
HOLY CRAP Gina,

I thought you might have been just having a long siesta when you disapeared. I would have never guessed anything that traumatic. I glad to hear everything is OK, and hope the recovery goes all well (for you and Kevin).

It might be a good thing down sizing as it would help give you some rest and heal quicker.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gosh Gina,

That was a lot to take in, glad everything is on the road to recovery.

Get well soon, and glad youre back here where its nice and safe

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow, Gina. What a life experience! I'm glad you muddled through everything and things are on the upswing. You've been in our thoughts.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks so much guys. There's much more that went on in those weeks......but it's a long story. Drama seems to plague me lately, and i really wish i could escape it. I'm the quiet, sit back and watch kinda person that is now thrown into the middle of the ring. yuck!

As for my cutting back..........I'll never be without reptiles. hehehehe........gears.......switch.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
Thanks so much guys. There's much more that went on in those weeks......but it's a long story. Drama seems to plague me lately, and i really wish i could escape it. I'm the quiet, sit back and watch kinda person that is now thrown into the middle of the ring. yuck!

As for my cutting back..........I'll never be without reptiles. hehehehe........gears.......switch.

Hows things sitting with the constrictor ban? Your guys still in canada or germany (can't remember where you sent em to)?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
they're in Canada, except for the 3 at my house. I honestly can't tell you anything about the ban right now. I know everybody and their brother has RTB's for sale around here.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Holy cow, Gina! I just saw this message. Geez.....you've been through a lot. I was just hoping you were really busy and hadn't had time to check in. Never expected anything like what you posted. Really glad to hear you're okay.

Oh....and if Bev's pregnant, she's got some 'splaining to do! LOL! I was "fixed" 13 years ago. And, no, neither of the twins are pregnant, either. And if one was, we'd be discussing me going to jail for killing a guy. Well....you guys would be discussing it. LOL!

About the only update I have is that I've had 5 spinal injections in the last 4 months....to no avail. I'm in more pain, now, than ever. I see the neurosurgeon next Wednesday. If it's anything like the previous 4 surgeries, he'll order a myelogram and I'll be in surgery within a few days after my appointment.

Got an update on my Mom yesterday....not that any of you knew. Evidently her stenosis is bad enough, now, that the docs are wanting to put a rod and some screws in her back to build it back up. I'm trying to encourage her to go through with it as it'll relieve the pain, but she's not wanting to go through the long recovery....and I can't blame her. I guess when the pain gets bad enough, she'll reconsider. I told her about Lisa having this done and has been so much better off, since. It encouraged her....just not sure it was enough to convince her.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, I'll be fine. aside from itching from healing, irritation from heat and a pissy attitude, I'm still kickin.......just not as high. ;D

h....and if Bev's pregnant, she's got some 'splaining to do! LOL! I was "fixed" 13 years ago. And, no, neither of the twins are pregnant, either. And if one was, we'd be discussing me going to jail for killing a guy. Well....you guys would be discussing it. LOL!
LOL...............I guess we would (how to break you out that is). Maybe we should make a future plan for stuff like that. j/k

Another surgery? I feel for ya.
Hope your mom does better. Age probably has alot to do with her decisiion. Just keep convincing her now is better than 10 years from now.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, another stinkin' surgery. ::)

Will keep encouraging Mom.