• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Where'd everybody go?

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A body disappears for a month or so and ya'll ain't nowhere to be found. <looks around sheepishly> ::)

So...........................what's every one up to?

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
WELLLLL.....We were waiting for you!!!! ;D How dare you have a life that does not include us!!! ;D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Haha! We've been here acting all wild chatting about everything under the sun. And trying to keep cool.

Glad to see your body reappearing. Let's see...I think Tom has new babies or eggs or something. ;D We've separated a few babies. We've found feeders in the UK and US for some folks. We're assisting in the making of a new viv. Craig's daughters have graduated. Some others have graduated too. Umm, some are thinking of getting prego again. We've discussed different UV lights and have chatted about different quit smoking methods....

I think that sums it up. If I left anything out (memory is not what it used to be), feel free to chime in.

Welcome back and hope everything worked out as best it could.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like you've covered sex and drugs....................no rock n roll?

Congradulations Graduates!!!!!..................Finish college.

Whos pregnant...............*looks at Craig* :-X :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Arthropod news........................oh that's not going well. But glad to hear you were able to locate feeders.

Smoking.............there are worse things to do. For all those who quit.........you have my full respect.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, Well...looked what the cat (i mean reptiles) dragged in.

Good to hear (or should I see see) you.

All's good here! We need to do some hefty catching up Lady!

Oh and yeah...glad you mentioned Craig and pregnant in one sentence and not anywhere near my name. Craig...anything for you and Bev to tell us, lmao!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome back.
Everyone seems to have summed it up and boy have we had a hard time staying on topic...LOL We have had girl chats on the quitting smoking thread. And its me who is thinking about having the 3rd and final baby. OH and Brian has been sight seeing in LA and has posted some great pics.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey welcome back. Seems a few people are quite busy lately and are a bit scarce around here.

Haven't been up to much, just managed to finally get all the stuff for P's enclosure. And got a digi scale to properly weigh her with.

Oh yeah, like I mentioned a while back, Hubby had a bike accident in May and totaled his old bike, well the insurance FINALLY came through and he got his new bike last week and we went on our first brekkie with it on Sunday ;D ;D ;D , my ass still hurts LOL.

Also trying to get some ideas for this saturday on how not to freeze me ass off :-\ :-\ :-\, going on the FROZEN BUTT RUN, starts at 9:30PM . . . . and yeah its called the frozen butt run for a reason, they choose the coldest night / right in the middle of winter. ::)

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow..............everybody has been busy. I saw Brian's great pictures. So awesome. Just wait till he discovers real black water. *evil grin* those will be some kewl and outstanding photo shoots.

Bike accident Pogie? Hope he wasn't hurt.

A baby Sandy? whoot!!!!! My second grand daughter was born on June 9. Maddyson Rae. 7 lbs .02 oz. Poor kid is gonna have my height.

Francis...........yes, I did get my magazine. I'm embarrassed to admit i've only gotten about 4 or 5 pages into the whole thing tho. I've been a bit busy and those highway patrolmen get a little uppity when you try to read and drive around here. As if they never heard of multi tasking. lol

Smoking, babies, menopause..........................ya'll really gotta include the guys in those conversations. they feel so left out. lol

Me, well...............I've got some news I'll let ya'll in on in the next few days.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome back Gina. As to where I have been, what with working 6 days a week and saturdays being our "tourist" days I have been very busy. Got 42 eggs cooking (20 from Bella and 22 from Koral). Got a baby male leather. Still unpacking the house. And kristin can't find a job in this town.

Oh and the oil spill keeps getting worse.

Other than that life as normal lol.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
that oil spill is a nasty one. One of my friends were involved in the release of those brown pelicans the other day. She said they were pretty bad off when they came in.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Supposedly the pocket they hit is large enough to replace all the water in the gulf gallon for gallon. And the reason they have been unable to stop it is due to the pressure that it is coming out at. problem is BP stock is plumeting and if they go bankrupt that leaves the relief effort and the financial aid to all the people losing their jobs due to the oil spill in the hands of the government and lord knows if that happens you might as well kiss the gulf goodbye cause our wonderful government feels the need to sit on things for months on end arguing over whats the best way to tackle something.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey lady, glad to see back posting.

We have been following that oil spill. It's the worst oil spill in US history. Hope that storm doesn't force the cleanup to stop.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Alex will be lucky if he hits land at class 2. The equivalent of a bad thunder shower with higher than normal winds, but not truly damaging, as long as he doesn't dump 22 inches of rain on us in 24 hours and flood the place like Floyd did.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That tropical storm is not what they are worried about. it is the other 14 "forecasted" hurricanes that worry folks down here. If a big one hits (which it is projected to) then that oil will be pushed far inland and will destroy so much of the natural ecosystem here that it will take decades for any semblance of normalcy to return. it is very sad that such a beautiful place stands such a high chance of being destroyed right now. Its basically knowing a bomb is coming but knowing you cant do much to stop it you just have to sit and watch.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
you're right Brian, but that worry is present almost every year. Of all the hurricanes that has ever hit the Gulf, Katrina did the most damage. It was enough to make them fear them for a century. Talk about a mess.
I was part of a rescue team that went in boats to save animals. Just the things people usually take for granted were trashed. Those trees in your pictures..........some of them were probably 10-12 in water that could either be standing, whirling or raging, depending on where they are in conjunction with the levees. Then i got to go back to figure out the best way to repair or rebuild the levee.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
it's been a long month. Lemme tell ya...................................................

On May 27, I left North Carolina headed north to participate in a peaceful protest. Yep, that’s right……I am a hippy. After the 11.5 hours drive and a short spell of sleep, I joined the group I went to meet. Our protest was good, drew attention, but was peaceful. Unfortunately, there’s an idiot in every crowd. Some pissed off who-ha in a big 4WD SUV decided to shoot into the crowd blindly and I was one of 7 that got hit. None of us fatal.

On that Saturday, May 29, my brother also had a massive heart attack, kidney failure and went into a diabetic coma while I was unconscious in some hospital where they didn’t know my name. (baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea to not carry ID). When I woke up Sunday night and located a seriously over run message system on my phone I found out what happened. The next morning the doctors came in to talk to me about removing the bullet from my groin, and wanted to cut me from appetite to *******. Since they didn’t know beans about me, my immune system or apparently guns, I declined their services and checked myself out that evening with the minor infection that was setting up in the wound. Yeah me right!!!!!

Several hours into my trip back down south, I was instructed to go to where my family lives due to an emergency. This is where I spent the next 3 weeks dealing with some personal issues.

After a minor surgery and some heavy duty antibiotics I’m back on my feet and I suppose you could call this healing. Funny how the doc’s version of fine, and mine of “hurts like hell” have the same meaning.

While I was away for almost a month, I managed to sell off a lot of my stock or move it. I’m actually down a few hundred animals and only have a few left. Funny how things sneak up on you.

5 dragons
23 gex (of all species)
3 collards
3 pd frogs
5 balls
7 corns
4 boas

I gotta tell ya......it's been a h_ll of a ride.

Latest posts