• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What did your dragon do today?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is definitely a high growth rate in six weeks, must be all that good food, lovin' & care.
icon_thumright-1.gif
:D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
So im sitting here talking to friends on tortoise forum and chameleon forum and obviously here on bearded dragon forum and what does Merlin do......

He has just eaten so he is baking and happy as can be. It excites me when he cracks his mouth open a little bit cause i read that that means he is at optimum temp. :)
but anyway he jumped from the basking spot to the screen top walked along the screen and down his little plant till he was laying in his fav relaxation spot. his upside down bark cave. (its upside down cause he is new so i didn't want him to hide all the time cause he wasn't used to me) he does the most adorable little things and i get so excited. has anyone ever had there dragon climbing upside down on the screen top of the cage?
Yep, I have found my dragon doing just that. She was gravid at the time and being quite the nut.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hey there....haven't seen you around lately....Everything ok?? Sorry about Castiel looking 'fat' again!! That is why I am so glad that I have a male!! My Spike lays around everyday unless I am nice and let him run around the house....hahaha....he doesn't go very far. I am afraid he will get under the couch or a chair and I will never find him!! Good to see you again!!:D
I'm here! Just taking a break, life gets in the way sometimes. Cass wasn't gravid, we're in the clear :) she was just a bit backed up and felt like she had little balls in her tummy lol. After a nice bath they went away.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I woke up this morning to find that Kyuubi had dug under his rocks and branches last night to make a den for himself to sleep in. it was the cutist thing, i could not grab a picture cuz his lights came on and he woke up and moved.

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
That is definitely a high growth rate in six weeks, must be all that good food, lovin' & care.
icon_thumright-1.gif
:D

when we got him he was only 5.5 inches. I just measured him today and he is now 10 inches.

then (taken a week or so after we got him; this is after a body shed):
IMG_0998.jpg

now (well, last week):
IMG_1075.jpg

AND he is in a shedding phase as we speak.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Today, Allie went to the pet store and picked out a plant for her tank. She went outside and got into mischief. She went under the car and I had to crawl underneath to get her. She was sitting there staring at me with a huge smile on her face, looking at me like 'Ain't up to nuthin' Mommy!'

Right now, she's asleep on my chest, her pointed head, in my neck. If she could, she'd go further in. :)

Meganimoo

Hatchling Dragon
I went to feed Percy, I put the box in his tank opened it and was getting some crickets out. While I was doing that, he was attacking the side of the box trying to get the ones inside :') sooo cute! He's only 8 weeks :)

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I take Allie out when I feed her crickets and she'll stare at me the entire time while I shake a small carton of crickets into a critter keeper. If she's really really interested, she'll jump with her tongue shooting out. Sometimes she'll attack the critter keeper until she gets what she wants.

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
So weird, Rocky did the same thing... I have a clear container that I use to transport the crix from their tank to Rockies so he can see them in there crawling around. Well, he was shooting his tongue out at the container trying to get them! It was so weird, I could feel the resistance of his tongue sticking to the plastic.

Meganimoo

Hatchling Dragon
My Persie has a very weird way of eating his crickets. He'll ONLY eat them from the tweezers! Even if I drop it right in front of him, he won't eat it, but then I pick it up again and he does. Also if I put the tweezers any where near him with nothing in them, he'll try to eat them. Hmmmm... He's a weird one. I've only had him a week, and I'm thinking the pet shop fed him that way and that's all he knows now!? Any ideas???

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I really doubt the Pet Store took the time to feed their critters that way. Stop feeding him from tweezers, he will soon get hungry & hunt on his own. Not a good plan to get him into that habit, there will be times when you just won't have the time to hand feed ...

Latest posts