• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Waterfalls by our cabin in Upstate New York

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay....more than a few. ;D

I'm heading to bed as soon as I post these.

Me...doing what I do best on a very small grill, but hey, it works for camping.
Me_grilling.jpg

Me and Krisha.
Me_and_Krisha.jpg

Bev and Kirsten.
Bev_and_Kirsten.jpg

Krisha with a turtle we found while out on the trails.
Krisha_turtle.jpg

Bev on her bike "before" it broke down.
Bev_on_her_bike.jpg

Bev on her bike "when" it broke down. Not fun pushing it out.
Bev_broke_down.jpg

Bev on my bike "after" her's broke down. LOL!
Bev_on_my_bike.jpg

One of the few times I got to go out with the rest of them. Me and Bev...
Me_and_Bev_my_bike.jpg

The twins being....well....the twins. LOL!
The_twins.jpg

It was a really hot trip....so this is the only campfire we had. And, as you can see, nobody wanted to get too close to the fire. LOL!
Campfire.jpg

Bev being a good wife and fixing me some hot dogs. :)
Bev_fixing_hot_dogs.jpg

Krisha enjoying a rope swing by Lane Spring Falls (the MOST beautiful waterfall on the Ranch).
Krisha_rope_swing.jpg

Kirsten enjoying the same rope swing.
Kirsten_rope_swing.jpg

That's all I've got for now. VERY tired....and have to get up in just 5 hours. Talk at yas later....

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
"SIGH" Wish your back was better too. But glad you got to relax some.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Love the pics!! Tell Bev I can relate to the smoke in the eyes pic. I hate that. But love the first couple of pics with you, Bev and the girls!! What a beautiful famiily!! Bummer you have to go back to work tomorrow. But payday is ALWAYS a GOOD day!!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
love the pics...looks like fun. Stinks your back was hurting

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well....back to the grind. Hoping today's not too busy for a first day back.

Thanks for the compliments on the pics. Here's one I found of the waterfall by that rope swing. The water in all of the creeks and waterfalls on the ranch is supplied by natural springs. The rate as which they flow is seasonal....and, as you can see in this pic, the season is very early spring (Easter of 2005) when the flow hasn't had a chance to pick up, yet. Still, a beautiful waterfall.

Waterfalls.jpg

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Craig,

Glad you guys are back, seems you had a GR8 time, the shorts and bathingsuits had me really green . . . .Ahhhh *sighs* only 4 more months till spring :'(

Monique,

GREAT pics. Love the house.

Thanx, yeah I've always wanted a wood/log house. And after 10 years of marriage I got it in 2007 ;D ;D ;D
The only thing that would make it better is if I could move it to a tropical forrest with rivers and waterfalls around me and of course build the house into a rock wall or cliff, overlooking a lake . . .(Daydreaming hey???)

Tell me, though, how do you like the roof when it rains? Is it loud?

Well it doesnt really bug me that much, we've always had sink porches around the house when I was a kid and since I got married, so I guess were used to the noise although it may be a wee bit louder with a full roof of the stuff, and if you close the windows... It isnt all that loud. ;D

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:
Craig,

Glad you guys are back, seems you had a GR8 time, the shorts and bathingsuits had me really green . . . .Ahhhh *sighs* only 4 more months till spring :'(

Thanks....it's good to be back. I'm not so sure this trip was as meaningful as others in the past, but it was good to get away. I think I could have cut it two days shorter and just stayed at home for the rest of my vacation. I've got lots of things I need to do around the house.

Monique,

GREAT pics. Love the house.

Thanx, yeah I've always wanted a wood/log house. And after 10 years of marriage I got it in 2007 ;D ;D ;D
The only thing that would make it better is if I could move it to a tropical forrest with rivers and waterfalls around me and of course build the house into a rock wall or cliff, overlooking a lake . . .(Daydreaming hey???)

Heh....I live 20 minutes from the great Mississippi River. You'd probably love it.

Tell me, though, how do you like the roof when it rains? Is it loud?

Well it doesnt really bug me that much, we've always had sink porches around the house when I was a kid and since I got married, so I guess were used to the noise although it may be a wee bit louder with a full roof of the stuff, and if you close the windows... It isnt all that loud. ;D

I kind of thought so. :D I imagine they last for a really long time, though.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Heh....I live 20 minutes from the great Mississippi River. You'd probably love it.

Yeah . . . probably would, but theres a day picnic spot with camping facilities, about 9 KM from here, here are some pics...

SNC00101ak.jpg

SNC00099ak.jpg

SNC00100a.jpg

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh geez....that's beautiful! It reminds me a LOT of Elephant Rock State Park....a park that's only about an hour and a half from where I live.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
They are Gorgeous!! Makes you want to jump right in. Doesn't it?

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
those are great pics...makes me want to vacation there. Maybe when I win the lottery I can.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Maybe when I win the lottery I can.

Wouldnt it be great . . . .

You could come vacation here, and IF i win I could come over there to the mountain cabin.....

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
That would be so much fun. I'd love to come. But wonder if I could leave my dragons that long?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That would be so much fun. I'd love to come. But wonder if I could leave my dragons that long?

Well take them with . . .

Latest posts