• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tortoise

JenR

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Got a few new members to the family. a sulcata tort, a male and female jackson....Yup Bill I'm hooked on the torts!
IMG_20110813_200118.jpg

IMG_20110813_193526.jpg

IMG_20110813_193105.jpg

IMG_20110813_193242.jpg

JenR

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
the russian tort gets to be 12 inches. from what I have read the Sulcata will get to be 100 lbs in 5 years in captivity. not sure on others. I have just been googling about the different ones.

JenR

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
if u have the room they are really cool. I take them outside almost everyday, they love to roam out there. hate to see winter coming, don't think that they are into snowboarding lol

Carmil07

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have hermanns and they grow 10-12" .
The horsfields normally grow to 8-10" .
There are also dwarf hermanns (western hermann) they grow up to 8" .

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Red foots stay smallish, around 14" as adults but they require a lot of care in the sense of heat and humidity...depending on where you live its a hard battle to keep levels where they need to be for optimum tort health. I had one for a week but living in the very north east I couldnt keep the heat and humidity where it needed to be at the time so I had to return her (I CRIED AND CRIED, i was already attatched) for a dragon, which is MUCH easier to care for in the long run...I do plan on setting up an enclosure over time and buying my tort back if shes still for sale because I miss her, i loved taking her out for walks and watching her eat dandelions! Good luck with the decision, they are really cool!

JenR

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ya living in the north does have drawbacks. would be nice to live down south and have outdoor enclosures for them.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Built a new tort enclosures today the seem to like the extra room.
IMG_20110820_193457.jpg

JenR

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Riley, the bigger one loves to crawl on the wood pieces in there. King of the stump. lol They are always roaming around. definately love the space.

Rushmore Reptiles

Hatchling Dragon
Tortoises are great me and my friend breed russians and they have great personalities. And different tortoises have different personalities. For instance, our female tort Sonica is more shy and lazy, while our male dash is more active and loves attention.